It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:59 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:17 am 

Still Learning. wrote:
razzler wrote:
Have none of the other teams in the league signed Players? I still don't think you will win the league, looking at pre season results it's going to be very tight at the top. Nice to see your players taking money from the kids teams aswell little fella in "sponsorship", very noble!!!

Yip, West end have spent a fortune on their signings haven't they :wink: :D

Westend haven't getting a team like that not spending money just saying

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:15 am 

Ive watched boldon all pre season and they too seem to be "investing" in players aswell. For the neutrals like me I think the top of the Westside league will have the same quality of teams as the top of the northern league div 2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:12 pm 

razzler wrote:
Have none of the other teams in the league signed Players? I still don't think you will win the league, looking at pre season results it's going to be very tight at the top. Nice to see your players taking money from the kids teams aswell little fella in "sponsorship", very noble!!!

:lol: that last sentence. It's just cost me £30 to sponsor Chris Bivens. It really is sponsorship. No money has been taken from kids teams. It's up to individual sponsors to say how they like to be identified. It is indeed very noble of some coaches in our club to not only show support towards our senior 1st team players, but also giving recognition to their kids teams rather than themselves. For the record every player has to pay £30 out of his own pocket as well as the £30 sponsorship money, which all goes towards the cost of their sports kit. We are not kidding ourselves at Redcar Athletic it was a battle all the way last season and we are expecting no difference this season. I take solace from the fact you've said you don't believe we will win the league, as that's showing to me you believe at least we'll be up their in the chasing pack.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:05 pm 

Pygmy's who probably haven't done anything in their life having a go at a club like Redcar.
They're a fantastic club, a true community club.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:01 pm 

Does anyone know if Darlo Ressies have promotion ambitions?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:27 pm 

I thought that reserve sides were not able to play in the northern league.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:54 am 

razzler wrote:
I thought that reserve sides were not able to play in the northern league.

This is one of those mute points. EBAC NL rules doesn't allow Reserve sides play in there league, but the FA rules & regs allows reserve sides to play at step 6. So if a reserve side applied & was the highest placed applicant that passed the ground grading. They would be pooled & placed in the most relevant step 6 league(which would be the NL2). The FA's rules & regs trump league rules & regs. This issue was tested by St Neots Saints(reserves)when they applied & were placed in the United Counties League(which has the same rules as the NL & even has a reserve league).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:19 am 

I am not in any doubt and never have been that if a Reserves team qualifies for promotion to the Northern League that if they try to block them, then the FA will overrule the NL and place the team in it. After all who runs the game the NL or the FA? Darlington Reserves have another issue and that is their current ground does not meet Step 6 criteria and I very much doubt that this will change. The 1st team share their ground with a rugby team and are the tenants there. This I believe would mean that the Reserves team will need to find a suitable ground by the closing date for applications to be considered for promotion to Step 6. As they cannot ground share to gain promotion this would rule out a return to Bishop Auckland. As things stand however and not knowing of their plans we at Redcar Athletic consider them to be one of our promotion rivals.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:42 am 

the little fella wrote:
I am not in any doubt and never have been that if a Reserves team qualifies for promotion to the Northern League that if they try to block them, then the FA will overrule the NL and place the team in it. After all who runs the game the NL or the FA? Darlington Reserves have another issue and that is their current ground does not meet Step 6 criteria and I very much doubt that this will change. The 1st team share their ground with a rugby team and are the tenants there. This I believe would mean that the Reserves team will need to find a suitable ground by the closing date for applications to be considered for promotion to Step 6. As they cannot ground share to gain promotion this would rule out a return to Bishop Auckland. As things stand however and not knowing of their plans we at Redcar Athletic consider them to be one of our promotion rivals.

As things stand, how many clubs are genuine promotion rivals(either have the correct grading or have plans to do so)?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:53 am 

[quoteI"Windy1970"]
the little fella wrote:
I am not in any doubt and never have been thatthinkingeserves team qualifies for promotion to the Northern League that if they try to block them, then the FA will overrule the NL and place the team in it. After all who runs the game the NL or the FA? Darlington Reserves have another issue and that is their current ground does not meet Step 6 criteria and I very much doubt that this will change. The 1st team share their ground with a rugby team and are the tenants there. This I believe would mean that the Reserves team will need to find a suitable ground by the closing date for applications to be considered for promotion to Step 6. As they cannot ground share to gain promotion this would rule out a return to Bishop Auckland. As things stand however and not knowing of their plans we at Redcar Athletic consider them to be one of our promotion rivals.

As things stand, how many clubs are genuine promotion rivals(either have the correct grading or have plans to do so)?[/quote]
Until it's known for definite we are considering every team as a promotion candidate. That thinking means we underestimate no one this season.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:26 pm 

the little fella wrote:
[quoteI"Windy1970"]
the little fella wrote:
I am not in any doubt and never have been thatthinkingeserves team qualifies for promotion to the Northern League that if they try to block them, then the FA will overrule the NL and place the team in it. After all who runs the game the NL or the FA? Darlington Reserves have another issue and that is their current ground does not meet Step 6 criteria and I very much doubt that this will change. The 1st team share their ground with a rugby team and are the tenants there. This I believe would mean that the Reserves team will need to find a suitable ground by the closing date for applications to be considered for promotion to Step 6. As they cannot ground share to gain promotion this would rule out a return to Bishop Auckland. As things stand however and not knowing of their plans we at Redcar Athletic consider them to be one of our promotion rivals.

As things stand, how many clubs are genuine promotion rivals(either have the correct grading or have plans to do so)?

Until it's known for definite we are considering every team as a promotion candidate. That thinking means we underestimate no one this season.[/quote]
Any chance of being a bit more specific & pointing the ones that genuinely believe will apply this season

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:17 pm 

To be fair, if Darlington want to get in the nl I'm sure they'll find a backhanded way of doing So!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:33 pm 

razzler wrote:
To be fair, if Darlington want to get in the nl I'm sure they'll find a backhanded way of doing So!!!

The groundshare thing has some grey areas. Pinchbeck Utd were promoted to the United Counties League from step 7. They had to ground-share at Spalding Utd's ground. The way they got around the FA's rules, was to become equal tenants at a council owned ground. This is a loophole that is starting to be used.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:33 pm 

razzler wrote:

The groundshare thing has some grey areas. Pinchbeck Utd were promoted to the United Counties League from step 7. They had to ground-share at Spalding Utd's ground. The way they got around the FA's rules, was to become equal tenants at a council owned ground. This is a loophole that is starting to be used.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:27 pm 

te="Windy1970"]
the little fella wrote:

As things stand, how many clubs are genuine promotion rivals(either have the correct grading or have plans to do so)?[/quote]
That's the point, I simply don't know. Look at the rabbit Richmond Town pulled out of the hat last season with a plan to move to Norton & Stockton Ancients ground. We simply cannot really discount any team until they are out of the race points wise in the league. Jarrow FC showed what could be done in less than a year and on the quiet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next