Hartlepool 1, Willington 3;
Prudhoe 4, Boldon 4 AET; 6 - 5 Pens
Redcar 1, Cleator Moor 2.

Monkwearmouth Cup 1st Round:
Silksworth 2, West End 1 AET.

Post subject: Re: Results 13th Oct
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:35 pm 

Coxhoe 2- Leam 3
After a good midweek performance Leam had to make enforced changes because of illness and players being unfit to start due to drink :x . In a game that lacked quality but had plenty of effort Leam were the better side in the first half, having 4 good chances in the first 24 minutes and forcing numerous corners. Coxhoe did create a couple of chances including a 1v1 on 40 mins but didnt finish either of them. On 42 mins Liam Jobson-Cook beat the offside trap to chip over the advancing keeper. HT 0-1
Second half and Leam created more chances Ridley and Jobson-Cook went close on 46 and 47 mins and Bell was just wide on 65. A minute later Leon Kane converted a cross from Jobson-Cook to put Leam 2 up. Coxhoe had a good chance on 70 mins but blazed over the bar. Jobson-Cook forced a good save on 75 mins and then on 76 mins substitutes Barnett and Brewis combined in the box for Brewis to score Leams 3rd.
3-0 up with two minutes to go Leam stopped playing and allowed Coxhoe to drive into the Leam box where Lowther pulled down the striker and a pen was awarded. Parnaby coolly converted from the spot. On 91 mins again Leam thought the game was won but Charlton had other ideas and blasted home for Coxhoes second. Coxhoe managed to force a corner in the 92nd minute and a draw looked on the cards but the ball was hooked clear and the ref blew.
Another win and 3pts but 3-0 up 88mins in it should never have got that close. Credit to Coxhoe who kept going to the final whistle when we didnt.
Noticed their ex-manager (who im told is now ex-Richmond Town) was in the stand, is a return on the cards?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:51 pm 

What the hell is happening at Jarrow and West End????? Some very poor results of late for both. West End have more or less the same side that finished in the top six last year and Jarrow have quality all over the park yet both struggle!!!! And getting beat today off my prediction of whipping boys Silksworth and Wolviston!!!! The leagues gone mad.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:07 pm 

Played Wolviston last week.......they will suprised a few teams now with their team, attitude and commitment!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:13 pm 

Watched the Cleator Moor Celtic vs Redcar game yesterday afternoon and i can honestly say that cleator moor will have a good chance of winning the league very strong side with some brilliant youngsters! I can say they will go unbeaten for the rest of the season

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:42 pm 

hartonboy wrote:
Watched the Cleator Moor Celtic vs Redcar game yesterday afternoon and i can honestly say that cleator moor will have a good chance of winning the league very strong side with some brilliant youngsters! I can say they will go unbeaten for the rest of the season

Cleator Moor Celtic's problem is going to be bad weather. They have already suffered with a number of postponments including away fixtures. Simply can't see them going unbeaten for the rest of the season. It's a tough League this year.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:57 pm 

Hartonboys bold prediction makes Cleator Moors next game on Wednesday night very interesting when they take on Willington. Should be a great watch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:29 am 

HallLaneBlues wrote:
Hartonboys bold prediction makes Cleator Moors next game on Wednesday night very interesting when they take on Willington. Should be a great watch.

Wish i could make the game myself. Really enjoyed watching CMC