Annfield Plain 2, Darlington 3;
Easington 1, Willington 3;
Gateshead 2, Brandon 4;
Seaton Carew 3, Silksworth 0;
West End 1, Coxhoe 0.

Post subject: Re: Results 22nd Sept
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:29 pm 

Leam 2 Brandon 4 Durham Challenge cup
For the second week running Leam scored an early goal, Liam Barnett finishing a great solo run on 7 mins. Leam kept the ball well and on 31 mins Joe Adams was denied on the goal line by Brandon keeper Ryan Graham. A minute later Barnett pulled a shot wide when he should really have hit the target. Leam were comfortable but once again hit the self destruct button on 35 mins, giving the ball away cheaply in midfield and then deflecting a Steve Moody shot up and over keeper Ryan Dochertys hand. HT 1-1
Second half and the woe continued from the kick off, the ball deflecting off Conroys shin all the way back to Moody who scored again with 45 seconds on the clock. A minute later Liam Barnett equalised from inside the box after a corner from the left. Brandon came more into the game and the belief began to drain out of the Leam players, they resorted to hitting hopeful long balls rather than the passing game they had played so well in the first half. Moody completed his hat trick on 55 mins with a good finish after the Leam defence stood off rather than close down. Owen Lancaster wrapped the game up for Brandon on 80 mins from a right hand corner.
Loads of ifs and buts, (we could only field 13 players) the truth is we weren't good enough in the second half to beat the Northern league side. Good luck to Brandon in the next round

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:43 am 

Kirkbymoorside FC v Ashbrooke Match Report.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/kirkbymoo ... id=1268305

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:38 pm 

Took in the Prudhoe v Redcar game on Saturday as its not to far for me to travel from my base.
Prudhoe will in my opinion finish mid table and i think they can be satisfied with that type of position this season.
Redcar on the evidence of Saturday will finish outside the top four. Its the first time i have seen them this season and i have got to say its the worst Redcar Team i have seen.
if the big fella up front is not got fit and kept fit you will struggle for goals on the subject of fitness, to many of the team are carrying to much weight and are not fit enough even for this level of football.
Substitutions should have been made earlier than half time because Redcar did improve dramatically after the half time change round.
More urgancy and running were injected at half time.
But got to say Redcar are an average team on the evidance of Saturday.
Prudhoe will improve as the season progresses of that i am sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:11 pm 

captainmarvel wrote:
Took in the Prudhoe v Redcar game on Saturday as its not to far for me to travel from my base.
Prudhoe will in my opinion finish mid table and i think they can be satisfied with that type of position this season.
Redcar on the evidence of Saturday will finish outside the top four. Its the first time i have seen them this season and i have got to say its the worst Redcar Team i have seen.
if the big fella up front is not got fit and kept fit you will struggle for goals on the subject of fitness, to many of the team are carrying to much weight and are not fit enough even for this level of football.
Substitutions should have been made earlier than half time because Redcar did improve dramatically after the half time change round.
More urgancy and running were injected at half time.
But got to say Redcar are an average team on the evidance of Saturday.
Prudhoe will improve as the season progresses of that i am sure.

The lads have to hold their hands up to that performance on Saturday. My match report can be viewed on www.redcarathletic.co.uk and it's not been written through rose tinted glasses, as I think you'll see. By the way you should have come over and introduced yourself to us all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:59 pm 

got 2 agree with you captainmarvel redcar were very poor sat, 1st half especially and prudhoe should of been out of sight at half time. however i thought redcar were actually the better team 2nd half so therefore maybe a draw was a fair result. i was very impressed with prudhoe hard working and good players on the ball who dont mind gettin stuck in when they have to. and as for the comment about a few players been overweight and unfit i possibly have to agree me been very much 1 of them (number 4) but ill assure you me and the other players are working very hard on our fitness. Mind won 8 drawn 1 in the last 9 isnt to bad for a team of unfit fatties :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:21 am 
Well captainmarvel think if it was the first time I'd seen redcar think I would have been very disappointed in what you were seeing first half, we were woeful by far the worst we have played this season, as manager I was obviously not happy at all with the first half, Prudhoe should have been out of sight by 20 mins in but luckily failed to take there chances. Far better performance 2nd half by us which was pleasing and a good point after the first half performance.

We do have a good squad and it is work in progress after players leaving and new players coming in and sure next time you see us we will have improved, like woolybak said people are working hard on there fitness and looking forward to Richmond at home on sat where I will be looking for a far better display all round.

On Prudhoe was impressed with them, very fit bunch of lads who will be in your face from the first whistle till the last