Richmond 1, Coxhoe 1;
Prudhoe 1, West End 2;
Seaton Carew 1, Easington 1;
Silksworth 4, Annfield Plain 0;
Willington 1, Gateshead 0;
Wolviston 1, Peterlee 1.

Post subject: Re: Results 29th August
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:20 pm 

I went through to watch Willington vs Gateshead Leam Rangers tonight and after watching tonights display i do not no how they are top but I may of caught them on a bad day. They where playing some nice football at times and had plenty chances. Give Leam credit they where battling all over the pitch but you could see it was only going to be a matter of time before Willington scored and finally did with a penalty. However the referee missed a more obvious penalty a few minutes previously!

Some people may agree with my opinion, some might not. Everyone has there own opinion though and thats mine! :lol:

Canny little crowd there aswell, must of been close to the 100 mark if it didnt exceed it.

Twitter - cairnsy___

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 pm 

As has been said Leam battled for the whole game and if not for the pen on 80 mins I dont think Willington were going to score. Leams chances were limited but we were playing with a centre half up front due to injuries and work. No excuses though Willington worked hard for the full ninety. Only sour note was the complaining from crowd and bench about treatment for one our players whose nose was bleeding after a foul, when the score was still 0-0.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:55 pm 

davej wrote:
As has been said Leam battled for the whole game and if not for the pen on 80 mins I dont think Willington were going to score. Leams chances were limited but we were playing with a centre half up front due to injuries and work. No excuses though Willington worked hard for the full ninety. Only sour note was the complaining from crowd and bench about treatment for one our players whose nose was bleeding after a foul, when the score was still 0-0.

You've had a pretty easy night then if thats all the Hall Lane crowd had to complain about! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:38 am 

does anybody no who scored for easington??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:24 am 

Bit of a scappy affair last night at Darlington Cleveland Bridge but really lit up with 4 excellent strikes from distance. We were already down to our last 2 available strikers and what goes and happens, one of them, Dale Mendum, pulls a hamstring in the 1st half. This totally knocked our momentum but we got it back with a substitution with Shaun Taylor coming on with 20 minutes to go. One of the other subs Luke Woodall scored his first ever goals for Redcar Athletic to grab the 3 points for us. That's our 5th win in a row after our slow opening to the season. James Kesterton was wrapped in cotton wool straight after the match and won't be unravelled until Saturday at Cleator Moor. Woke up this morning to news that a house has collapsed in Cumbria due to flooding, so I guess they must have had a little shower last night.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:40 am 

Had the displeasure of taking in seaton carew vs easington, absolutely disgusting game of football.. The woman who took my £2 entry off me apologised after the match which was nice. I counted about 6 completed passes all night, draw probably a fair result in the end.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:13 am 

davej wrote:

fair play if his nose was bleeding, but it was at a time when your lads were staying down after nearly every tackle which is part of the game and cant blame them, frustrating still. Thought we created alot of chances and as you said after some of the misses we thought we were never going to score. 138 attendance last night.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:59 am 

Crookite - i know i said a while back that Willington were not ready for the Northern League and i got slaughtered for it and some even suggested i was anti-Willington. However, i now think the whole structure of the club is better and if you were to gain promotion i think you would more than hold your own. You will, of course, need to improve a bit in the player department as some you have would not cut it at that level.

I was intending going last night but the Mrs forced me to go food shopping. However, i would hazard a guess that there was more at your game than the one i attended on Saturday in the FA Cup at Crook. Are your attendances better for a mid week game than a Saturday?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:39 pm 

long thing wrote:

Robbie Renwick m8

LIONS ARE NOT DETERRED BY THE OPINIONS OF SHEEP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:50 pm 

djn wrote:
long thing wrote:

Robbie Renwick m8

cheers don.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:23 pm 

long thing wrote:
djn wrote:
long thing wrote:

Robbie Renwick m8

cheers don.

Nb m8, apparently rose like a salmon to head home.... A tin of salmon :D

LIONS ARE NOT DETERRED BY THE OPINIONS OF SHEEP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:51 pm 

Kirkbymoorside FC V Stockton Match Report

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/kirkbymoo ... id=1247301

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:36 pm 

frank wrote:
Crookite - i know i said a while back that Willington were not ready for the Northern League and i got slaughtered for it and some even suggested i was anti-Willington. However, i now think the whole structure of the club is better and if you were to gain promotion i think you would more than hold your own. You will, of course, need to improve a bit in the player department as some you have would not cut it at that level.

I was intending going last night but the Mrs forced me to go food shopping. However, i would hazard a guess that there was more at your game than the one i attended on Saturday in the FA Cup at Crook. Are your attendances better for a mid week game than a Saturday?

YES we do tend to get more supporters at a midweek game.