It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Guisborough Town v Newcastle Benfield
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:22 pm 

Guisborough Town 2 Newcastle Benfield 2

The first game in charge for Gary Forster and it almost started off with a dream start with Town almost netting in the first minute. The official release tomorrow will no doubt tell of it being 0-0 at half time and in my own opinion Town were on top and should have led at the interval. Benfield came out the second half and upped their game and some very poor refereeing helped them break down any attacks throughout with cynical fouls and some shocking language with one Benfield player telling supporters to "F### off" after one such foul and he never even got a card.

The referee in my opinion as pretty weak for the whole of the game but that's just my opinion of course.

Benfield did deserve to lead the second half and they were 2-0 up until the last few minutes when David Onions pulled one back and then an added time penalty was converted by Paul Blake to earn a vital point for the Priorymen.

On reflection a draw was a fair result as Town should have been up on points for the first half and Benfield upped their game for the second.

So are people happy with the result for Gary's first game?

I hope so as we go back to February 2008 when Chris Hardy took over the reins and the first game we LOST at home 2-1, we then LOST the second game and it was the third where we gained our first points under the then new gaffer with an away win 5-1 at Team Northumbria!

Of course we want more points on the board and quickly and I hope that Gary is the man to do this and from what I saw today does not detract from my hopes and he has my support.

Come on the Priorymen :) :)

Post subject: Re: Guisborough Town v Newcastle Benfield
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:26 am 

Mike visited Town yesterday and the pigeons stayed away.

https://mikeamosblog.wordpress.com/

Post subject: Re: Guisborough Town v Newcastle Benfield
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:20 pm 

U can view the best of the match and hear from Gary Forster here
https://youtu.be/iELQjDXooSY