It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:52 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Guisborough Town v Darlington 1883
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:27 pm 

The tie no one expected a year ago but this Wednesday 5th September it will happen when Darlington 1883 play their first Northern Leaguegame at the KGV.

If I was to do the League stats thing (which I don't usually do so early in the season especially as we have only played 2 League games so far) it would probably start like:

Darlington played 354 games, winning 170, drawing 54 and losing 130.

Guisborough Town played 1042, winning 491, drawing 224 and losing 327.

We are of course looking forward to a bumper crowd but know that it will not be a record attendance as that was the semi final with Hungerford at 3112.

We will be hoping that the visitors as well as our regulars will enjoy the KGV experience and a press release on the NL web site gives some of the plans in place to ensure that happens.

On an organisational front we would like people to arrive early (from 5.30pm onwards) have the correct change for admission (£6 amd £3) with £1 for the programme.

We are taking advance orders for the programme and anyone who has prepaid for the programme is guaranteed a copy.

Hope to see everyone there and why not bring a friend or 3? :wink:

21 seasons in the Northern League Division One 2013-14

Follow on twitter @guistownfc

Post subject: Re: Guisborough Town v Darlington 1883
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:11 am 

prioryman wrote:
The tie no one expected a year ago but this Wednesday 5th September it will happen when Darlington 1883 play their first Northern Leaguegame at the KGV.

If I was to do the League stats thing (which I don't usually do so early in the season especially as we have only played 2 League games so far) it would probably start like:

Darlington played 354 games, winning 170, drawing 54 and losing 130.

Guisborough Town played 1042, winning 491, drawing 224 and losing 327.

We are of course looking forward to a bumper crowd but know that it will not be a record attendance as that was the semi final with Hungerford at 3112.

We will be hoping that the visitors as well as our regulars will enjoy the KGV experience and a press release on the NL web site gives some of the plans in place to ensure that happens.

On an organisational front we would like people to arrive early (from 5.30pm onwards) have the correct change for admission (£6 amd £3) with £1 for the programme.

We are taking advance orders for the programme and anyone who has prepaid for the programme is guaranteed a copy.

Hope to see everyone there and why not bring a friend or 3? :wink:

Looking forward to the visit despite the fact it is the one and only place I have ever got a parking ticket. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:22 pm 

The transformation of the KGV stadium in recent years has been fantastic, a huge well done to all those involved! Because of their efforts, I'm sure all travelling Darlo fans will enjoy their visit to our ground. Just make sure to arrive early, although there are spaces outside the ground and next to the swimming baths, and the town centre is walkable too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:13 pm 

Thank you to everyone who has reserved and paid in advance for the programme on Wednesday - please see me to collect it when you arrive.

https://twitter.com/guistownfc/status/2 ... 56/photo/1

21 seasons in the Northern League Division One 2013-14

Follow on twitter @guistownfc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:18 pm 

A team of heroes tonight. So proud. Well done everybody, it's games like tonight when we KNOW we can play well, that make up for the disappointing results. Emphatic stuff!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:34 pm 

great win robbie well done to all concerned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:55 pm 

The most disapointing part of the evening was that not one Darlington 1883 FC player or official went into the club after the game for the post match hospitality. Do they not realise how much time and hard work by volunteers goes into preparing for these games, not to mention the cost of the wasted food.
Is this how they are going to be every time they lose?? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:00 pm 

Lesley wrote:
The most disapointing part of the evening was that not one Darlington 1883 FC player or official went into the club after the game for the post match hospitality. Do they not realise how much time and hard work by volunteers goes into preparing for these games, not to mention the cost of the wasted food.
Is this how they are going to be every time they lose?? :shock:

Disappointing to hear about this, their fans were spot on too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:01 pm 

Sure the cost of the wasted food will be quite small , esp as the gate was 1327

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:22 pm 

RA Lad - I think you're missing the point.

Darlington's fans were a credit to their club. As I went around doing the raffle they were friendly and good natured, even though the game clearly wasn't going their way. Guisborough were magnificent and their one touch football was superb.

A great crowd and great evening. Ultimately, we'll enjoy the win and rightly so, but it's one game.

Good luck to Darlington for the rest of the season. Their supporters were a credit to their club and for that reason alone I hope that they're challenging come the end of the season.

Disappointed that no officials or players came in after the game. Naturally they will have been disappointed and I'm sure Gray gave them a good dressing down. But you have to take the rough with the smooth. This is semi pro football and there's an implicit expectation that you accept the opposition's hospitality after the game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:42 pm 

Great result, thought Darlo fans were spot on, but shame no players or officials came in clubhouse after the game. Yes the gate was great and the Darlo fans can hold their heads high, but their officials let them down by not coming back in the clubhouse. I suppose they are new to the league and maybe didn't realise that it is frowned upon not coming back in after the game, but the people who make the food do it all in their own time.

Anyway lets hope Darlo don't get promoted to soon, as it's great having them in the league.

Onwards and upwards, come on the Priorymen!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:13 am 

Just want to say totally well done to Guisborough. Totally deserved the win. You won every battle on the park and your no 9 tortured us all night. I can't think of one Darlo fan who would disagree with me. You were well organised and the first team we have faced that hasn't faded 2nd half. How on earth you lost 6 nowt is beyond me. I love the stadium and the hospitality and it is a fantastic little set. The pie actually had meat in it, beer was good and staff very warm and friendly. Great banter with your supporters.

I'd call all Guisborough people to support their local club. Disappointing result but still a great night out in other ways. I've loved the NL this season and the feeling of engagement. Also credit to the 2 friendly bobbies.

Sad to hear about the post match stuff but I think Martin would have been bitterly disappointed. No disrespect I'm sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:26 am 

Great words princes town, cheers. :D
Can we play you every week? :wink:

Fingers crossed this does raise the club profile around the town. I hope so coz last night was unbelievable. Not far short of 20k live in Guisborough, even if little over 1% of that attended every week, we'd get very decent NL crowds.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:38 pm 

match report and teams pls mark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:17 pm 

Match report here Joe (as requested):

http://www.farfromthemassivecrowds.blogspot.com

You would have loved it last night Joe - get yourself down again. We played great last night.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next