It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Guisborough Town Development Team News
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:51 am 

With the start of the new Ebac Northern League Division One season less than a fortnight away, Guisborough Town are already planning and building for the future with the launch of their new Under-21s Development side, which will be in action on Saturday, 11 August.

The newly-created Development side squad of Under-21 players will play Scarborough Athletic Reserves at the King George V Stadium (kick-off 3pm) under the watchful eye of manager Gary Forster, in whom First Team Manager Chris Hardy has placed great hopes.

Said Chris: “I passionately believe that developing and nurturing a successful Under-21s Development side is the future lifeblood of Guisborough Town Football Club.

“I want to create a completely new mind-set with this new Development side, which I see as being absolutely key to future development and recruitment into the Guisborough club.

“Getting the correct foundations in place is so important and I will work tirelessly with Gary Forster and others within the club to achieve our objectives on this vital issue.

“We already have three Development side players involved in the first team in Jack Connor, Jake Mathews and Ryan Foster, a talented trio who are among several young players to have caught the eye in recent weeks.

Jake Matthews (midfield) is new signing from Junior football where he was a prolific scorer in the Middlesbrough Junior teams.

Ryan Foster (defence) is another new signing this summer, was playing at Redcar Athletic.

Jack Connor (forward) is another young player who shows promise. He started playing at age of six and was top scorer for Middlesbrough when aged 15/16 but missed out on a scholarship. Now at 17, he is playing for the Guisborough Development side and First Division Senior football – he enjoys running at people and taking chances.

Chris Hardy continued: “I personally think that these young players could have big parts to play in the season ahead, underlining already the importance of this new venture with our Development side to the future of the club and I am very confident that Gary and his squad are going to be a credit to Guisborough Town.”

The new Guisborough Development side will play in red shirts, which are being sponsored by Cleveland Land Services.

Picture of Jack Connor - http://www.northernleague.org/downloads ... connor.jpg

30th Season in the Northern League 2014-15

Current holders of North Riding Senior Cup 2013-14 and the Eric Powell Charity Cup

Follow on twitter @guistownfc

Post subject: Re: Guisborough Town Development Team News
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:17 pm 

What league are your under 21's going to be playing in, John ?

http://youtu.be/ZCAN_F-nPC8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 pm 

Russell Foster League - There are two Divisions - we play in Division South.

Season Starts 9th September and games will be played on a Sunday around 1.30pm.

30th Season in the Northern League 2014-15

Current holders of North Riding Senior Cup 2013-14 and the Eric Powell Charity Cup

Follow on twitter @guistownfc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:00 am 

Fixtures now online, squad news and further info to follow as we get it - http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/guisboroug ... 48487/Home

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]