It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:14 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: STANDARD OF THE NORTHERN LEAGUE
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:48 am 

You have teams in unibond one who havw played in the vase. However no teams have entered the vase while playing in the unibond one. That has always been leval 4 and teams from there enter the trophy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:19 pm 

2009vasewinner wrote:
You have teams in unibond one who havw played in the vase. However no teams have entered the vase while playing in the unibond one. That has always been leval 4 and teams from there enter the trophy.

of the top of my head
bridlington won in 93
guiseley runners up in 92

both in northern prem league div 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:47 pm 

Being attatched to a team new to this level of Football i can only speak for myself but i rate the standard of the NL div2 on a par with the top 6 in the Northern alliance and at least 6 leagues above any Sunday Team i have ever watched in recent years AS in all grass roots football an injection of cash is needed from somewhere to bring some grounds{ours included ]up to scratch and also i do not know how many teams in our league pay their players but we do not they play for the team because they want to and also they all consider it a higher standard of football although saying this i am not knocking the NA as the committee were always available to give advice and point us in the right direction as we have also found in Div 2 but i have found the level of commitment from committee members is a bit higher in this league and the fans are a bit more passionate about the team they support SO keep it up and the forums are great and it is always interesting to read how other supporters who have watched the same game as you react to the score and some incidents during the match.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:19 pm 

Interesting points and you did it all without taking a breath :mrgreen:

As far as money goes the SNL 2nd Division varies from very little and sometimes nothing, to a pretty healthy budget for i'd suggest 6 or 7 clubs, with a few in between paying a bit, that about sums up most leagues though i guess.

I'm curious to know who you do follow though, because theres not many pay nothing at all as you suggest your club does! Alliance and new to this level i'll assume Gilford Park and i dont even know where that is, so i'll take your word for it if im correct.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:33 pm 

ressly pest wrote:
Interesting points and you did it all without taking a breath :mrgreen:

As far as money goes the SNL 2nd Division varies from very little and sometimes nothing, to a pretty healthy budget for i'd suggest 6 or 7 clubs, with a few in between paying a bit, that about sums up most leagues though i guess.

I'm curious to know who you do follow though, because theres not many pay nothing at all as you suggest your club does! Alliance and new to this level i'll assume Gilford Park and i dont even know where that is, so i'll take your word for it if im correct.

Yes you are correct i am connected to Gillford Park who are situated in Carlisle, our stadium is knocking on a bit and needs a bit of TLC but is in a better state than some we have seen and we have a dedicated bunch of lads who have the club in their blood and they put a lot of themselves into the club ,just like many in this league we are all enjoying the challenge and just lately we have started to put a couple of results together so my prediction of a mid table finish is starting to look like a good bet.Also it is a true statement when i say we do not pay the players but i think we will have to look at some sort of payment within a couple of seasons otherwise we could lose some of the better players to fee paying clubs.

,,.:',"" just thought i would add a few punctuation marks in case i missed some last time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:38 pm 

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ive just been helping my 3 year old fit stickers into her picture book,so i guess i'll follow a similar pattern and we'll take the spare Punctuation you left and apply it accordingley :wink:

I think Brandon would be the only other team paying nothing or they werent a season or so ago but the rest get something i'd suggest.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:15 am 

No
trevor56 wrote:
2009vasewinner wrote:

of the top of my head
bridlington won in 93
guiseley runners up in 92

both in northern prem league div 1

No at that time they were both playing in the northern counties east league which is the same leval as the northern league.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:06 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Guiseley won it in 1991 when they were NCEL, but they were in Unibond One the following year when they were beaten finalists

Bridlington won in 1993, the year they also WON Unibond One!

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:46 am 

Thanks dave. I knew guiseley were in it when they won always thought bridlington were as well. You learn something evert day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:15 pm 

and to make matters more complicated some ncel sides competed in the trophy as well as n.l.