It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:21 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 85
Heritage Park, 3pm kick off.

Into December, how time flies! November was in the main a fruitful month for Bishops, the 2 points dropped in the last minute last weekend the only disappointment!

Expecting a hard fought game, after a slow start North Shields seem to have improved. I would expect a crowd of 300+


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 85
Can imagine a few Non league games in the region may be off tomorrow, Spennymoor Town has already fallen victim.

Hopefully no danger of the game being in doubt at Heritage Park - seen pitches of the pitch today and all looks fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 823
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
Mike M wrote:
Can imagine a few Non league games in the region may be off tomorrow, Spennymoor Town has already fallen victim.

Hopefully no danger of the game being in doubt at Heritage Park - seen pitches of the pitch today and all looks fine.


Bit early for a cancellation. I would have thought their drainage would be better than most. Water isn't going to hang around on that slope very long :D

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:27 am
Posts: 15
Wack wrote:
Mike M wrote:
Can imagine a few Non league games in the region may be off tomorrow, Spennymoor Town has already fallen victim.

Hopefully no danger of the game being in doubt at Heritage Park - seen pitches of the pitch today and all looks fine.


Bit early for a cancellation. I would have thought their drainage would be better than most. Water isn't going to hang around on that slope very long :D


Being honest its a bit worring to be have cancellations at the level that Spennymoor play, it's not even Winter yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 193
Location: Lab 207
Unbelievable Spennymoor being off already, must have some injuries 8) .

_________________
CESTRIANS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:10 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Wembley of the North - Brewery Field Spennymoor
Cestrian wrote:
Unbelievable Spennymoor being off already, must have some injuries 8) .


no injuries.. Just a slope that can't now cope with any water! even the long dry summer hasn't dried the pitch out off last winter.

We had to postpone early as Kidderminster would of travelled at 9am so they've been decent and let them know early so they could make plans for the weekend.

_________________
Spennymoor Town FC - Vanarama Conference North 2018/2019[b]

FA TROPHY QUARTER FINALISTS 2017/2018

EVO STIK PREMIER DIVISION PLAYOFF WINNERS 2016/2017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 193
Location: Lab 207
A slope that can't cope with water!!!!!! ye canna change the laws of Physics man, can't believe the ref fell for that one :lol:

_________________
CESTRIANS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 823
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
Gregos Tratorelli wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
Unbelievable Spennymoor being off already, must have some injuries 8) .


no injuries.. Just a slope that can't now cope with any water! even the long dry summer hasn't dried the pitch out off last winter.

We had to postpone early as Kidderminster would of travelled at 9am so they've been decent and let them know early so they could make plans for the weekend.


Instead of spending thousands a week on players, shouldn't your drainage be sorted :D

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:10 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Wembley of the North - Brewery Field Spennymoor
The drainage was invested in during the summer, peoples jealousy of spennymoor stinks, im sure if chester le street or northallerton played in the national north you would say it was "down to hard work from the chairman, commitee and players"

It has absolutely lashed down a few days and overnights this week and we cant change a slope we've had for over a 100 years so unfortunately we'll just have to plug on.

_________________
Spennymoor Town FC - Vanarama Conference North 2018/2019[b]

FA TROPHY QUARTER FINALISTS 2017/2018

EVO STIK PREMIER DIVISION PLAYOFF WINNERS 2016/2017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 823
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
Gregos Tratorelli wrote:
The drainage was invested in during the summer, peoples jealousy of spennymoor stinks, im sure if chester le street or northallerton played in the national north you would say it was "down to hard work from the chairman, commitee and players"

It has absolutely lashed down a few days and overnights this week and we cant change a slope we've had for over a 100 years so unfortunately we'll just have to plug on.


I have nothing but admiration for teams that crack on , but be honest, the majority of your success is down to having money ... nothing else

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 85
Some great Bishops goals today. Hoganson absolute screamer, Ryders first a well worked team goal, his second a beauty of a strike. Also cracking headed Winny goal.

2-1 in front at half time game was finely poised but Bishops blitzed North Shields with some super football and within 10 minutes of the restart were 5-1 ahead, game over.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:10 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Wembley of the North - Brewery Field Spennymoor
Wack wrote:
Gregos Tratorelli wrote:
The drainage was invested in during the summer, peoples jealousy of spennymoor stinks, im sure if chester le street or northallerton played in the national north you would say it was "down to hard work from the chairman, commitee and players"

It has absolutely lashed down a few days and overnights this week and we cant change a slope we've had for over a 100 years so unfortunately we'll just have to plug on.


I have nothing but admiration for teams that crack on , but be honest, the majority of your success is down to having money ... nothing else


Managers been there over 10 years, yes money does attract the better players but they still need coaching, managing and motivation to aucceed. If Northallerton had more money and climbed the leagues, would you have the same opinion.and envy? Definitely not! I supose morpeth and marske have only got out of the get home for tea league because they have money too!

_________________
Spennymoor Town FC - Vanarama Conference North 2018/2019[b]

FA TROPHY QUARTER FINALISTS 2017/2018

EVO STIK PREMIER DIVISION PLAYOFF WINNERS 2016/2017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:18 am
Posts: 5
Gregos Tratorelli wrote:
unfortunately we'll just have to plug on.

That's where you're going wrong, take the plug oot !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:22 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Howay The Bay!
Always nice to see Shields get battered. Good job Bishops!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bishop Auckland v North Shields Sat 1st December
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 3
A slope that can't cope with water!!!!!! ye canna change the laws of Physics man, can't believe the ref fell for that one :lol:

Choked on me cup of tea and wet me pants at the same time.
(Funniest thing I've seen on here in ages)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group