It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Billingham Town 3-1 Redcar Athletic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:28 pm 

https://wp.me/p4i04N-4De

Here's my report from tonight's Northern League Division Two clash between Billingham Town and Redcar Athletic where goals from Kris Summers, Ash Lavan and Craig Hutchinson helped Billingham Town to a 3-1 win.

Post subject: Re: Billingham Town 3-1 Redcar Athletic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:55 pm 

Its the first time I've seen a linesman not raise his flag....for then to be bullied or influenced by three Redcar defenders and then to change his mind with the referee!!

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:19 am 

Interpol wrote:
Its the first time I've seen a linesman not raise his flag....for then to be bullied or influenced by three Redcar defenders and then to change his mind with the referee!!

To be fair Interpol he was a yard or 2 offside and the liner needed the refs help to make his decision and that can be seen on the replay.
That aside I thought we defended and carried out our game plan well in the first half and went in 0-1 up,but you were the better team Second half for sure and your movement and quality offensively caused us problems. Cracking set up down at Billy Town and I’m sure you won’t be far away come the end of the season!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:35 pm 

I was right behind the linesman and you are right Gary he was two yards off. It was the simplest of decisions and he got it wrong big style. We got the correct decision in the end but by the wrong method i.e players making the call after the ref had awarded the goal.. On the equaliser the original header cleared off the line before the rebound was put in also looked like it was over the line. All said it was a good game and I was impressed by Redcar especially the first half. If you can reach that level most weeks you will be a solid lower top half / mid table side come April

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:40 pm 

Gary you are spot on...several people who were in line said that there were two offsides to the goal! What I don't understand is why neither were picked up on by the linesman!! This season, the standard of officiating has not been as it should be. Many of the officials look unfit, slow and in some cases too old. This may seem odd, coming from a fan whose team are unbeaten but I'm going to games now wondering more about the officials than the game itself! We have some young talent coming through but seem to lose them to the higher divisions....when only one team gets promotion, then they have to get the basics right, and with effiency. And yes...Redcar put up a valiant effort! Good luck for the rest of the season!

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:02 pm 

Interpol wrote:
Gary you are spot on...several people who were in line said that there were two offsides to the goal! What I don't understand is why neither were picked up on by the linesman!! This season, the standard of officiating has not been as it should be. Many of the officials look unfit, slow and in some cases too old. This may seem odd, coming from a fan whose team are unbeaten but I'm going to games now wondering more about the officials than the game itself! We have some young talent coming through but seem to lose them to the higher divisions....when only one team gets promotion, then they have to get the basics right, and with effiency. And yes...Redcar put up a valiant effort! Good luck for the rest of the season!

I’ve never got on with most officials so I take them as they come :D

You will be thereabouts this year and with you been in the position you are you’d like to think lads will stay together and give it a good go to win the league. All The best and I will look forward to playing you at home when hopefully we will be in good form. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:05 pm 

Which officials did you get on with like Gary howa?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:18 pm 

wyatt earp wrote:
Which officials did you get on with like Gary howa?

They know who they are mate! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:46 pm 

Howa name them? Carn't of been many?