It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Assessors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:08 am 

I'm of the opinion that if there is an assessor at a game, then a ref should not know about it. The normally excellent ref on Wednesday at Redcar v NTFC was seriously inconsistent. A very early booking and then no other cards and it was quite a fiercely contested encounter. The Redcar keeper again having a stormer and came in for unfair criticism from the number 4, as did everyone else, he took no prisoners. The ref didn't have a bad game, but not up to his usual excellent standards.

Post subject: Re: Assessors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:22 pm 

My opinion is that all refs should assume they are getting assessed every game,no grey area then.iknow what you saying assessors should turn up unannounced full stop.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:38 pm 

It’s an easy one for me this. They shouldn’t know they are being assessed then they’ll apply the rules of the game properly for each and every game.

We can all improve though, im certainly softening to refs as this season I have seen some embarrassing behaviours from opposition dug outs on at least 7/8 occasions. Management teams berating referees, appealing for each and every decision and whinging about time wasting as soon as they go a goal behind.
So it’s no wonder some players hound a referee and dispute every decision when you see some of the idiotic behaviour in the dugout.
I can honestly say Col, Baz and Porks rarely even shout at us never mind a ref or the opposing dugouts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:42 pm 

kays mate wrote:
My opinion is that all refs should assume they are getting assessed every game,no grey area then.iknow what you saying assessors should turn up unannounced full stop.

marron04 wrote:
It’s an easy one for me this. They shouldn’t know they are being assessed then they’ll apply the rules of the game properly for each and every game.

We can all improve though, im certainly softening to refs as this season I have seen some embarrassing behaviours from opposition dug outs on at least 7/8 occasions. Management teams berating referees, appealing for each and every decision and whinging about time wasting as soon as they go a goal behind.
So it’s no wonder some players hound a referee and dispute every decision when you see some of the idiotic behaviour in the dugout.
I can honestly say Col, Baz and Porks rarely even shout at us never mind a ref or the opposing dugouts.

In total agreement .
Mind you we had one being assessed earlier in the season and there was only 1 card given where i have seen other officials give the card for incidents this ref didn't. I would have thought the assessor would have approved of his handling of the game as both clubs commented on how that was the way games should be. He was constantly talking to players throughout. I know this wasn't his first good game as i've mentioned him to other clubs and they all seem to think the same. A bit of good banter goes a long way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:22 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
If they apply the rules properly, many games will have to be abandoned! It's much better when they are allowed to apply common sense...but I guess rules are rules...

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:15 pm 

they are not caller assessors now they are called match observers. and yes referees do referee the game different when they are being observed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:27 pm 

It doesn't really matter whether you think a ref has made a bad decision or had a bad game or what the assessor says, because you are the average supporter and do not understand the nuances or mechanics of refereeing a football match. The referee and assessor / organisation will always close shop when there are any problems and revert to the you just don't understand syndrome. The day referees especially those who get paid a boatload of cash at the very top have to talk to the media and the day ALL referees at our level give the club managers/secretaries etc a chance to talk to them properly at half or full time ( I say ALL because in my experience one or two do the rest think you are a nuisance) i.e when everyone is open and above board, clubs see assessors comments on the day etc etc then we may see some light at the end of the tunnel if not this argument will go on and on and on etc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:46 pm 

Noeldinho wrote:
I'm of the opinion that if there is an assessor at a game, then a ref should not know about it. The normally excellent ref on Wednesday at Redcar v NTFC was seriously inconsistent. A very early booking and then no other cards and it was quite a fiercely contested encounter. The Redcar keeper again having a stormer and came in for unfair criticism from the number 4, as did everyone else, he took no prisoners. The ref didn't have a bad game, but not up to his usual excellent standards.

Noeldinho, Who was Redcar’s number 4? He’s always been a very intelligent,polite old chap if it’s the same one I know? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:01 pm 

Whoever the number 4 is he shouldn't be having a go at Will Lawrence the Redcar keeper. Will is an excellent keeper and will go far.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:12 pm 

garywood wrote:
Noeldinho wrote:

Noeldinho, Who was Redcar’s number 4? He’s always been a very intelligent,polite old chap if it’s the same one I know? :mrgreen:

Hmm someone called Gary Wood :lol:. Old chap eh, if you say so. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:14 pm 

Kosh wrote:
Whoever the number 4 is he shouldn't be having a go at Will Lawrence the Redcar keeper. Will is an excellent keeper and will go far.

From both games I've seen he's been one of the best opposition keepers this season and certainly could play at a higher level.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:20 pm 

Kosh wrote:

Sounds a bit of a bully, cos he elbowed little Nicky Martin straight in the face and also scrapped his studs down the achilles of the small young no.4 for Northallerton.
Got the hook soon after :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:51 pm 

Nextgoalwins73 wrote:
Kosh wrote:

Sounds a bit of a bully, cos he elbowed little Nicky Martin straight in the face and also scrapped his studs down the achilles of the small young no.4 for Northallerton.

:lol: :mrgreen: I do apologise

Will is a great keeper and a good team mate :D Do you not shout at your wife? :?:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:16 pm 

garywood wrote:
Nextgoalwins73 wrote:
Kosh wrote:

:lol: :mrgreen: I do apologise

Will is a great keeper and a good team mate :D Do you not shout at your wife? :?:

Hahaha, go on woody!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:17 pm 

garywood wrote:
Ankel Kikka? :twisted:

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.