It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:57 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Attendances
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:50 pm
Posts: 20
Have a read of this....
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... l/45158878


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Attendances
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:04 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Out and About somewhere
RACA usually have woeful midweek attendances regardless but we tend to do well on Friday nights, and tonight we host Durham City in the Northern League's only game, so I hope we can get a three figure attendance rather than three figures in attendance. Kick off is 7:30pm, would be nice to see a few neutrals there if possible.

_________________
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/rytonandcrawcrookalbionfc/259334/News


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Attendances
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 86
newcastlebluestar wrote:
RACA usually have woeful midweek attendances regardless but we tend to do well on Friday nights, and tonight we host Durham City in the Northern League's only game, so I hope we can get a three figure attendance rather than three figures in attendance. Kick off is 7:30pm, would be nice to see a few neutrals there if possible.


I'm a great fan of friday night football. Couldn't believe the turnout we had v Chester even though it was a local Derby. Weather was horrendous which would have put a few off but still a great crowd with Chester support excellent along with ours. Plus freed the Saturday up to go and take another game in. I know the players from both sides were all in favour of playing on the Friday. Definitely something we would do again.

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Attendances
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
Gijane wrote:



Great article, thank you.

Surely HMRC will be using the over inflated figures when looking at VAT returns :oops:

Without doubt , there are Clubs at lower league who are inflating the attendance figures to be more attractive to Sponsors and give the persona of a bigger Club.

Every Friday night game I have been to has had great support, this should be done every week in the league

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Attendances
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 64
I think the odd Friday night game for a club over the season is a good thing. Dont think anymore than 1 or 2 a season though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Attendances
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:06 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:55 pm
Posts: 79
Wack wrote:

Surely HMRC will be using the over inflated figures when looking at VAT returns :oops:



If a club is using season tickets and tickets sold to work out the “attendance “ ( as the article says ) then VAT will already have been accounted for - often months before the game.

The need to know how many are in the ground, for safety purposes, is however important.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Attendances
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:51 am
Posts: 2
Wack wrote:
Anyone know why Consett get substantially better support on a Sat (last home games 424 v RCA, 424 v Stockton) than on a night match ( 160 v Silksworth, 161 v Northallerton) . I wasn't at last nights game but the attendance seemed right so no problem there, but do they do initiatives on a Sat, did RCA and Stockton bring coach loads of support, do the good people of Consett only venture out on Sat afternoon?

No doubt Consett is another Northern League success story and they look like they might win promotion


Combination of things, in my opinion
      RCA was top 2 clash and I know that brought in some additional numbers, games v Stockton seem to be high scoring affairs and again attracted additional numbers whereas the silksworth and Northallerton games just weren't as attractive.

      Both RCA and Stockton brought along more than decent away support (coach load plus cars)

      We have a large number of young uns that attend on a saturday but seemingly not midweek games

      I imagine they will count all season ticket holders for the league games plus pay on the doors and only count pay on the doors for the cup games

      Some like me will have been at both league games but for various reasons (work, other commitments) couldn't make the cup games.

As I said not one single factor but a culmination of various things....strange as last year in the cups the attendances remained relatively high


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Attendances
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 64
youfillupmysenses wrote:
Wack wrote:
Anyone know why Consett get substantially better support on a Sat (last home games 424 v RCA, 424 v Stockton) than on a night match ( 160 v Silksworth, 161 v Northallerton) . I wasn't at last nights game but the attendance seemed right so no problem there, but do they do initiatives on a Sat, did RCA and Stockton bring coach loads of support, do the good people of Consett only venture out on Sat afternoon?

No doubt Consett is another Northern League success story and they look like they might win promotion


Combination of things, in my opinion
      RCA was top 2 clash and I know that brought in some additional numbers, games v Stockton seem to be high scoring affairs and again attracted additional numbers whereas the silksworth and Northallerton games just weren't as attractive.

      Both RCA and Stockton brought along more than decent away support (coach load plus cars)

      We have a large number of young uns that attend on a saturday but seemingly not midweek games

      I imagine they will count all season ticket holders for the league games plus pay on the doors and only count pay on the doors for the cup games

      Some like me will have been at both league games but for various reasons (work, other commitments) couldn't make the cup games.

As I said not one single factor but a culmination of various things....strange as last year in the cups the attendances remained relatively high


RCA brought a following....really???!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Attendances
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 64
Combination of things, in my opinion
      RCA was top 2 clash and I know that brought in some additional numbers, games v Stockton seem to be high scoring affairs and again attracted additional numbers whereas the silksworth and Northallerton games just weren't as attractive.

      Both RCA and Stockton brought along more than decent away support (coach load plus cars)

      We have a large number of young uns that attend on a saturday but seemingly not midweek games

      I imagine they will count all season ticket holders for the league games plus pay on the doors and only count pay on the doors for the cup games

      Some like me will have been at both league games but for various reasons (work, other commitments) couldn't make the cup games.

As I said not one single factor but a culmination of various things....strange as last year in the cups the attendances remained relatively high[/quote]

RCA brought a following....really???!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Attendances
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:27 am
Posts: 10
When Shields played in the Northern League we had a couple of excellent Friday night games, Bishops in the Vase and Seaham in the league, like someone mentioned earlier i wouldn't want to play every Friday evening but the occasional friday once or twice per season??, however at the same time both games generated excellent attendances and freed up the rest of the weekend to take in another game or to make peace with the Mrs :D, Also with it not being a School night, both games saw very healthy bar takings.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Attendances
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 64
Lovenonleague wrote:
When Shields played in the Northern League we had a couple of excellent Friday night games, Bishops in the Vase and Seaham in the league, like someone mentioned earlier i wouldn't want to play every Friday evening but the occasional friday once or twice per season??, however at the same time both games generated excellent attendances and freed up the rest of the weekend to take in another game or to make peace with the Mrs :D, Also with it not being a School night, both games saw very healthy bar takings.


Agreed. I think the crowd that night at Heritage Park was around the 900 mark. Good game too with both sets of supporters making for a crackling atmosphere.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Attendances
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 64
Lovenonleague wrote:
When Shields played in the Northern League we had a couple of excellent Friday night games, Bishops in the Vase and Seaham in the league, like someone mentioned earlier i wouldn't want to play every Friday evening but the occasional friday once or twice per season??, however at the same time both games generated excellent attendances and freed up the rest of the weekend to take in another game or to make peace with the Mrs :D, Also with it not being a School night, both games saw very healthy bar takings.


Agreed. I think the crowd that night at Heritage Park was around the 900 mark. Good game too with both sets of supporters making for a crackling atmosphere.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group