Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Attendances
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:59 pm 

Have a read of this....
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... l/45158878

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:02 am 

RACA usually have woeful midweek attendances regardless but we tend to do well on Friday nights, and tonight we host Durham City in the Northern League's only game, so I hope we can get a three figure attendance rather than three figures in attendance. Kick off is 7:30pm, would be nice to see a few neutrals there if possible.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:44 am 

newcastlebluestar wrote:
RACA usually have woeful midweek attendances regardless but we tend to do well on Friday nights, and tonight we host Durham City in the Northern League's only game, so I hope we can get a three figure attendance rather than three figures in attendance. Kick off is 7:30pm, would be nice to see a few neutrals there if possible.

I'm a great fan of friday night football. Couldn't believe the turnout we had v Chester even though it was a local Derby. Weather was horrendous which would have put a few off but still a great crowd with Chester support excellent along with ours. Plus freed the Saturday up to go and take another game in. I know the players from both sides were all in favour of playing on the Friday. Definitely something we would do again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:29 am 

Gijane wrote:

Great article, thank you.

Surely HMRC will be using the over inflated figures when looking at VAT returns :oops:

Without doubt , there are Clubs at lower league who are inflating the attendance figures to be more attractive to Sponsors and give the persona of a bigger Club.

Every Friday night game I have been to has had great support, this should be done every week in the league

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:50 am 

I think the odd Friday night game for a club over the season is a good thing. Dont think anymore than 1 or 2 a season though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Wack wrote:

Surely HMRC will be using the over inflated figures when looking at VAT returns :oops:

If a club is using season tickets and tickets sold to work out the “attendance “ ( as the article says ) then VAT will already have been accounted for - often months before the game.

The need to know how many are in the ground, for safety purposes, is however important.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:22 pm 

Wack wrote:
Anyone know why Consett get substantially better support on a Sat (last home games 424 v RCA, 424 v Stockton) than on a night match ( 160 v Silksworth, 161 v Northallerton) . I wasn't at last nights game but the attendance seemed right so no problem there, but do they do initiatives on a Sat, did RCA and Stockton bring coach loads of support, do the good people of Consett only venture out on Sat afternoon?

No doubt Consett is another Northern League success story and they look like they might win promotion

Combination of things, in my opinion
      RCA was top 2 clash and I know that brought in some additional numbers, games v Stockton seem to be high scoring affairs and again attracted additional numbers whereas the silksworth and Northallerton games just weren't as attractive.

Both RCA and Stockton brought along more than decent away support (coach load plus cars)

We have a large number of young uns that attend on a saturday but seemingly not midweek games

I imagine they will count all season ticket holders for the league games plus pay on the doors and only count pay on the doors for the cup games

Some like me will have been at both league games but for various reasons (work, other commitments) couldn't make the cup games.

As I said not one single factor but a culmination of various things....strange as last year in the cups the attendances remained relatively high

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:10 pm 

youfillupmysenses wrote:
Wack wrote:
Anyone know why Consett get substantially better support on a Sat (last home games 424 v RCA, 424 v Stockton) than on a night match ( 160 v Silksworth, 161 v Northallerton) . I wasn't at last nights game but the attendance seemed right so no problem there, but do they do initiatives on a Sat, did RCA and Stockton bring coach loads of support, do the good people of Consett only venture out on Sat afternoon?

No doubt Consett is another Northern League success story and they look like they might win promotion

RCA was top 2 clash and I know that brought in some additional numbers, games v Stockton seem to be high scoring affairs and again attracted additional numbers whereas the silksworth and Northallerton games just weren't as attractive.

Both RCA and Stockton brought along more than decent away support (coach load plus cars)

We have a large number of young uns that attend on a saturday but seemingly not midweek games

I imagine they will count all season ticket holders for the league games plus pay on the doors and only count pay on the doors for the cup games

Some like me will have been at both league games but for various reasons (work, other commitments) couldn't make the cup games.

As I said not one single factor but a culmination of various things....strange as last year in the cups the attendances remained relatively high

RCA brought a following....really???!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:11 pm 

As I said not one single factor but a culmination of various things....strange as last year in the cups the attendances remained relatively high[/quote]

RCA brought a following....really???!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:27 pm 

When Shields played in the Northern League we had a couple of excellent Friday night games, Bishops in the Vase and Seaham in the league, like someone mentioned earlier i wouldn't want to play every Friday evening but the occasional friday once or twice per season??, however at the same time both games generated excellent attendances and freed up the rest of the weekend to take in another game or to make peace with the Mrs :D, Also with it not being a School night, both games saw very healthy bar takings.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:10 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:
When Shields played in the Northern League we had a couple of excellent Friday night games, Bishops in the Vase and Seaham in the league, like someone mentioned earlier i wouldn't want to play every Friday evening but the occasional friday once or twice per season??, however at the same time both games generated excellent attendances and freed up the rest of the weekend to take in another game or to make peace with the Mrs :D, Also with it not being a School night, both games saw very healthy bar takings.

Agreed. I think the crowd that night at Heritage Park was around the 900 mark. Good game too with both sets of supporters making for a crackling atmosphere.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:10 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:

Agreed. I think the crowd that night at Heritage Park was around the 900 mark. Good game too with both sets of supporters making for a crackling atmosphere.