It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:48 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Redcar Athletic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:29 pm 

What a lovely bunch of people at Redcar Athletic. Impressed with the setup there and they have the space to improve the ground if and when needed. Yesterday's game even though ruined by the wind had a real derby feel to it. Looking forward to the cup game in November under lights with hopefully less wind.

Post subject: Re: Redcar Athletic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:44 pm 

Great Set up at Redcar . Redcar Town also have a great set up , I can see them following Athletic into the Northern League soon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:08 pm 

keV fryatt is a great bloke at redcar!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:59 pm 

Always been a classy club.
Good people.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:27 pm 

Nice set up, lovely playing surface, excellent clubhouse serving lovely food at cheap prices, huge TV screen too 10/10....but
Still cant understand why they reserve seats in the stand for it to be virtually empty all game, bit disappointing as i mentioned in a previous thread that my partially
disabled father in his late 70s had to stand out in the horrendous conditions till
the last 15 mins where it got worse and took cover in the clubhouse and unfortunately missed a great end to a good game.
Hopefully Redcar might learn from this and change this silly rule and cater for supporters who made a 70 mile round trip and struggle to stand for 90mins.
We play Redcar again away in the cup midweek, we will be there only because we are what it seems clubs are crying out for these days passionate paying supporters.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:33 pm 

Nextgoalwins73 wrote:
Nice set up, lovely playing surface, excellent clubhouse serving lovely food at cheap prices, huge TV screen too 10/10....but
Still cant understand why they reserve seats in the stand for it to be virtually empty all game, bit disappointing as i mentioned in a previous thread that my partially
disabled father in his late 70s had to stand out in the horrendous conditions till
the last 15 mins where it got worse and took cover in the clubhouse and unfortunately missed a great end to a good game.
Hopefully Redcar might learn from this and change this silly rule and cater for supporters who made a 70 mile round trip and struggle to stand for 90mins.
We play Redcar again away in the cup midweek, we will be there only because we are what it seems clubs are crying out for these days passionate paying supporters.

Surely if there are empty seats then your Disabled father can use one. There were empty seats when we played Redcar and no one stopped people using them,

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:46 pm 

I actually tried several times to get him to use one, but with you know how it is with
older people..no its reserved he keep saying, that was once we got through the
traffic barriers they have in place ...yes seriously haha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:36 pm 

Apologies that I have not updated my original post which was put on before our very first home game in the Northen League. As it is currently we have 48 Season Ticket holders, however more than half of them have rejected having a reserved seat as they wish/prefer to stand. Basically away fans are welcome to sit in any seat not reserved by the plaque. On Saturday there were a number of Northallerton Town fans in the stand. Sorry I forgot to update that away fans can sit in our stand.
Also thanks for the kind words about the club and staff. Looking forward to hosting Northallerton Town again a fortnight tonight as it was a great crack on Saturday and at one point I thought they were staying for the night.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:24 pm 

Thanks for the update. We did notice a few Northallerton people in the seats but thought they might be club officials, i dont think there was any seats that were
not reserved by the plaque available, and most that were reserved were empty all
game.
Maybe a good idea is to say if you haven't decided to take your reserved seat by
maybe 15-20 mins after KO then it is open for others to use.
Like i say most were empty all game.
See you in a few weeks hopefully in better conditions.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:14 pm 

Nextgoalwins73 wrote:
Thanks for the update. We did notice a few Northallerton people in the seats but thought they might be officials, i dont think there was any seats that were
not reserved by the plaque available, and most that were reserved were empty all
game.
Maybe a good idea is to say if you haven't decided to take your reserved seat by

For the Ernest Armstrong Cup game there will be no reserved seats as they are only applicable for league matches. So pick and choose at leisure. I would suggest the best views are the central seats on the top row.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:51 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Nextgoalwins73 wrote:
Thanks for the update. We did notice a few Northallerton people in the seats but thought they might be officials, i dont think there was any seats that were
game.

For the Ernest Armstrong Cup game there will be no reserved seats as they are only applicable for league matches. So pick and choose at leisure. I would suggest the best views are the central seats on the top row.

I was under the impression that 50 seats have to be available, as per ground grading rules , so perhaps you need a bigger stand

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:13 am 

As per ground grading rules to go from Step 7 to Step 6 we didn't actually have to have a stand in place until 31st March 2019.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:05 am 

the little fella wrote:
As per ground grading rules to go from Step 7 to Step 6 we didn't actually have to have a stand in place until 31st March 2019.

I realise that , and credit to you all, however if you reserve all the seats then you don’t actually have them available so fall short on the ground grading . A club can have floodlights but if they are not 120 lux then they fall short, it’s the same principle in my opinion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:30 pm 

Wack wrote:
the little fella wrote:

I realise that , and credit to you all, however if you reserve all the seats then you don’t actually have them available so fall short on the ground grading . A club can have floodlights but if they are not 120 lux then they fall short, it’s the same principle in my opinion

You're seem to be putting your own words in the ground grading as the word available does not appear. It says minimum covered accommodation must be 100 of which at least 50 must be seated and located in one stand. The 50 seats must afford a good view of the pitch, be clean, functional amd in condition. Nothing at all as to their availibility on a match day basis. As it happens although this past midweek we have now gained our 50th Season Ticket holder, I can confirm more than half of them did not take up the offer of a reserved seat and prefer to stand. These seats are available to all on every match day and that includes away fans. As for the seats reserved with plaques we don't know ourselves which ones will be occupied on each individual match day.I would suggest fans just being civil, patient and use common sense in that if say 10 minutes after kick off they are empty.then that Season Ticket is not coming for that match, then there isn't going be any issue sitting in that seat.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:51 pm 

Speaking of our 2 season ticket holders that we've gained in the past week I believe we might have to thank Northallerton Town and their fans for them. I reckon they came along to watch the game and enjoyed it so much that they thought this is for us. It was a great crack on the day and if it is the case that is what made those fans purchase Season Tickets then thank you very much indeed all at Northallerton Town for your part in that.