It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:35 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: RED AND YELLOWS
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:17 am 

Am i being picky here? Another red and yellow card received , Red card is the harshest i've seen in a longtime, the yellow for the first tackle in the game. Just seems now that every challenge made results in a player being cautioned or red carded. Players from opposition surrounding the ref to have a player sent off. Last man fouls where a penalty is awarded which are clearly denying goal scoring opportunities going on with out so much as a talking to . Honestly i am gobsmacked to say the least. Players will be scared to tackle before much longer. Games gone mad.

Post subject: Re: RED AND YELLOWS
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:35 am 

Last man challenges going unpunished can you give more detail please

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:01 pm 

Sossa wrote:
Last man challenges going unpunished can you give more detail please

Certainly can. a number of times this season the last man situation where a player is going in on goal with the keeper to beat then taken down by a desperate lunge or tackle goes unpunished is what i mean . Our player was taken down in the box on Saturday Penalty given immediately by ref and assistant yet the player wasn't even spoken to. Inconsistent behaviour is spoiling the game imo . Talking to players is a thing of the past . just most immediately issue cards to easily now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:48 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
The Birtley keeper was very lucky not to be sent off for handball and stopping a likely goal. How the officials missed it who knows, even the keeper himself agreed he was yards outside.

You win some, you lose some....

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:06 pm 

Players who commit a foul to deny a goal scoring opportunity will no longer automatically be sent off. ( new double jeopardy rule )

The previous 'triple-punishment' rule required a red card and therefore a suspension as well as the award of a penalty.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:33 pm 

Nextgoalwins73 wrote:
Players who commit a foul to deny a goal scoring opportunity will no longer automatically be sent off. ( new double jeopardy rule )
If I am not mistaken, that came into existence before the start of the 2017-18 season and a lot of people still haven't come to terms with it.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:51 pm 

Terrierdave wrote:
The Birtley keeper was very lucky not to be sent off for handball and stopping a likely goal. How the officials missed it who knows, even the keeper himself agreed he was yards outside.

Yes you do but it doesn't make it right , there were a lot more worse fouls in that game than the one that was given a red card . Consistency is sadly lacking . I think curtis was pulling your leg Dave. The liner confirmed he was just inside the box. As did a few of your fans on our side of the pitch. Thats just another incident in a game spoilt for both sides . Its becoming more a game about reds and yellows now than football.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:28 pm 

I think the double jeopardy rule applies only if an attempted tackle is made. If a defender deliberately pulls a shirt or arm whilst the attacker is in on goal then a red card should be given, unless of course the ref sees what he deems as cover as he did on Saturday at Easington (there was no cover CLS player straight in on goal) then he can give a yellow (as he did).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:54 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
bigcbeat wrote:
Terrierdave wrote:

Yes you do but it doesn't make it right , there were a lot more worse fouls in that game than the one that was given a red card . Consistency is sadly lacking . I think curtis was pulling your leg Dave. The liner confirmed he was just inside the box. As did a few of your fans on our side of the pitch. Thats just another incident in a game spoilt for both sides . Its becoming more a game about reds and yellows now than football.

He wasn't, it was absolutely clear he was comfortably outside the area - the liner would hardly say otherwise would he. But that's the beauty about the game, everyone has an opinion that is always right! :)

I can't comment on the red card, other than I was surprised - I was too far away to clock what level of punishment it merited.

I thought it was a fair result overall, and as former Birtley lad, I won't complain too much

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:09 pm 

Birtley complaining about another dismissal... there's a surprise :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:42 pm 

NLV wrote:

If you had seen the 2 of the reds we have been give you would know why NLV. The red against synners was acceptable the other 2 were awful decisions. But its all about opinions. And that goes for yellows aswel. No tolerance given at all. Killing the game at grass roots the amount of cards being handed out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:03 pm 

Col was that a straight red?
Seen the highlights and it’s a yellow but never ever a red.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:04 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
NLV wrote:

If you had seen the 2 of the reds we have been give you would know why NLV. The red against synners was acceptable the other 2 were awful decisions. But its all about opinions. And that goes for yellows aswel. No tolerance given at all. Killing the game at grass roots the amount of cards being handed out.

I haven’t seen them but interesting that you keep on mentioning red cards on the forum...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:04 pm 

marron04 wrote:
Col was that a straight red?
Seen the highlights and it’s a yellow but never ever a red.

Aye a straight red Maz.
Totally deflated the lads tbh .
I will have to stop having an opinion on cards I think . This forum is about debate is it not . Jesus man you can’t have an opinion now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:17 pm 
Site Admin

There does seem to have been a lot.of games this season where the ref has dished out yellow cards for what seems like every single foul.

Strangeley enough on Saturday, the ref booked one of our players for a foul that was as soft as I've ever seen. He then let our 'keeper get away with just a yellow for what looked a nailed on red card to everyone on the crowd!