All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:46 pm 

EvoStik League Premier
Whitby 0 Warrington 1
EBAC Northern League Division Two
Chester-le-Street 1 (Walker) Ryton and Crawcrook 2 (og, Screawn)
Brooks Mileson Memorial League Cup first round
Washington 2 (Pattinson, Allen) Consett 4 (Mackay 2, Craggs 2)

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... /division1

Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:45 am 

Went to the Chester v Ryton game last night, as a neutral, but by half time was WANTING Chester Le Street to win.....

The "antics" of the Ryton players were just awful to watch and if that is what football at this level is becoming I wont be watching much longer. Don't get me wrong - Ryton were the better team on the night and deserved the win and I am also well aware that most teams 'simulate'.... But Ryton took it to the next level last night. Almost every tackle was met with "Ref.... REF!!!!" "Push in the back, ref" "foul ref... REFFF!!! anything to try and influence the man in the middle....their captain - allegedly setting a good example.... being one of the worst offenders. And the amount of times they went over with the slightest of touches was incredible. Thankfully the ref in the middle was buying most of them, but it didn't stop them from trying.

It was a 'shame' really because it spoilt what I thought was a half decent game apart from all the diving, wanting to get players booked etc... - some great chances missed by both sides and some great saves from both keepers.

Just my opinion. Others may vary.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:11 pm 

Seems this sort of behaviour's becoming more and more common at this level. RCA being another team that have seemingly adopted this approach. Be like having a league full of West Aucklands if it continues.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:17 pm 

There is a lot of this about now. Some teams even appeal when there is a cleaner than clean tackle goes in and they seem to be programmed to appeal to the merry whistler from near him and the action. Billingham Synthonia were adept at this the other night at Chester Moor from the first tackle in the game they appealed for everything and shouted when any tackle went in. Its becoming a bit of a problem and it is so tiresome when you are watching the game infact not tiresome but boring.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:02 pm 

Around half of our bookings this season have come from challenges which have resulted in the opposition screaming at the officials . Just as bad as cheating in my book. Players who blatantly roll about then jump straight up after a player is booked or red carded are spoiling the game imo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:52 pm 

The games I've seen....the teams that act like this, generally are using it as a mechanism to cover up the said teams deficiencies.. Shout, appeal, break up play, distract officials, etc etc,

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:06 pm 

This is something that truly gets me to take my urine to the kettle and boil it and it happens at all levels so looking at the bigger picture who is to blame and what can be done.

# For me the crazy decision to end the restriction of the amount of foreign players allowed in squads/teams in thprem league started an influx of cheats and divers which has spread like a virus throughout our game, tallied with that the increased tv coverage of these players doing so hasnt helped.

# Its time for the powers that be to cut it out at the top level, caught on camera cheating, ban them for 3 games, then 4 games if they do it again then another and so on, it will soon stop, the problem is, at the lower levels though is probably past redemption.

# So to help at the lower levels, officials making a stance against cheats, and those whom constantly apeal and "get in the refs ear"

It discusts me that even at kids games now you see them diving, ganging up on officials trying to get others sent off etc.,

What happened to pride, taking a knock from a good hard tackle and getting up, accepting it and going in harder yourself next time, obviously within the laws of the game.

Which, gives me my final gripe, we have gone far too much the other way to protect players in my opinion, encouraging cheats to continue to cheat and ply their cowardly tactics...