It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:42 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:55 am 

quote="england"]
Neil M wrote:
england wrote:
I prefer everything to be involved, not just taking one of the elements away. Players and tactics are massively part of football on grass, infact much more so, which is the attraction.

I disagree, it limits the tactics that can be played. Football on a sh*t pitch is usually sh*t.

It shapes the tactics that can be used, that’s the interesting part. Playing on 3G generally leads to the same tactics.
No body mentioned a manure pitch either, I mentioned a grass pitch.[/quote]

I don't find anything interesting with watching or being forced to play long balls all game.

Wrong. I mentioned sh*t pitches in my first comment, which led to this debate.[/quote]

I never once commented on anything to do with manure pitches, where you mentioned that elsewhere in this thread I don’t know, but it certainly wasn’t something that has been in the discussion between us.

I have also never seen a pitch where the only thing you can do is play it long.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:01 pm 

It's an interesting debate. Artificial surfaces which allow for pretty football would definitely suit Whitley more than some of the bogs (including Hillheads, which was awful from about December onwards last season) you see in the Northern League, but I still prefer grass for whatever reason.

It definitely affects the quality on show, but I just think an artificial surface lacks the 'character' of playing on an imperfect pitch with a downhill advantage one half. It feels more like turning up to a kickabout rather than an actual competitive league game which just isn't as appealing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

england wrote:

I never once commented on anything to do with manure pitches, where you mentioned that elsewhere in this thread I don’t know, but it certainly wasn’t something that has been in the discussion between us.

My first comment on this thread, which directly led to this part of the conversation, compared sh*t pitches to 3G. But as always england, you could start an argument in an empty room, then claim you're not arguing the original point. :roll:

Well I've seen plenty so lucky you. Now bore off will you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:25 pm 

Neil M wrote:
england wrote:

My first comment on this thread, which directly led to this part of the conversation, compared sh*t pitches to 3G. But as always england, you could start an argument in an empty room, then claim you're not arguing the original point. :roll:

Well I've seen plenty so lucky you. Now bore off will you.

Just stick to the point this is a direct comparison between grass and 3G, nothing to do with manure pitches. If you want to discuss that point with others then feel free, but it’s not what I was commenting on, that’s a whole separate issue.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

Neil M wrote:
Personally I think the plastic pitches are better than half the cow fields we play on.

Noeldinho wrote:
The cow fields make it for an interesting game. Football was meant for grass!

Neil M wrote:
Only if you prefer watching the ball being lumped in the air rather than played on the ground.

england wrote:
Neil M wrote:
Only if you prefer watching the ball being lumped in the air rather than played on the ground.
I prefer watching different games at different clubs that have unique elements of their pitch, not just the same old surface that a 3G pitch has.

Wrong again england. You were the one who jumped in to the discussion quoting me, when I was comparing sh*t pitches to 3G. If what I was talking about was not what you were commenting on, why did you reply to my point?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:06 pm 

local lad wrote:
moderator do me a big favour ..ban me.

PLEASE.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:13 pm 

Neil M wrote:
Neil M wrote:
Personally I think the plastic pitches are better than half the cow fields we play on.

Noeldinho wrote:
The cow fields make it for an interesting game. Football was meant for grass!

Neil M wrote:

england wrote:
Neil M wrote:
I prefer watching different games at different clubs that have unique elements of their pitch, not just the same old surface that a 3G pitch has.

Wrong again england. You were the one who jumped in to the discussion quoting me, when I was comparing sh*t pitches to 3G. If what I was talking about was not what you were commenting on, why did you reply to my point?

If you read the comment that I responded to, it was about you watching football in the air. I jumped in to the conversation at that point as that was the bit o wanted to discuss, not anything that you had discussed with other people previously!

The people you have quoted are not me, so not a conversation that me and you were having, I would have thought that was pretty obvious.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

:roll: If I'm talking to someone comparing poor pitches and 3g, then you jump in on that conversation and reply to one of my comments, then you are obviously replying to that conversation unless you state otherwise. But with you as always england you'll argue black is white until you're blue in the face. No doubt you'll keep talking utter drivel until every gives up on the conversation as usual.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:32 pm 

Neil M wrote:
:roll: If I'm talking to someone comparing poor pitches and 3g, then you jump in on that conversation and reply to one of my comments, then you are obviously replying to that conversation unless you state otherwise. But with you as always england you'll argue black is white until you're blue in the face. No doubt you'll keep talking utter drivel until every gives up on the conversation as usual.

You can talk about whatever you like, but when I jump on the conversation it’s obvious that’s what I want to talk about!!
If I wanted to talk about the condition of pitches, I would have commented on that, that’s common sense!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

No it's not obvious though is it. You jumped in on a conversation comparing to bad pitches to 3G, then expect people to think you're talking about something else completely different.

Quote:
No doubt you'll keep talking utter drivel until every gives up on the conversation as usual.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:53 pm 

Is this thread still about Durham City FC? :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:38 pm 

Well I am jumping in to say I agree with England and the others that grass is the correct surface for our sport, of course it is up to clubs to ensure a decent playing surface * but as has been said a major part of the tactics and intelligence in the game is adjusting one's style to the pitch and that also relates to size (which is not yet standardized).

* playing surface should be a major part of ground grading, far more important than 6 million covered seats at step 7.......

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:00 pm 

marinersteve wrote:
Well I am jumping in to say I agree with England and the others that grass is the correct surface for our sport, of course it is up to clubs to ensure a decent playing surface * but as has been said a major part of the tactics and intelligence in the game is adjusting one's style to the pitch and that also relates to size (which is not yet standardized).

* playing surface should be a major part of ground grading, far more important than 6 million covered seats at step 7.......

I hope you have asked Neil if you are allowed to jump in to this part of the conversation, if not they will tell you when you are allowed to contribute!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:00 pm 

Neil M wrote:
No it's not obvious though is it. You jumped in on a conversation comparing to bad pitches to 3G, then expect people to think you're talking about something else completely different.

Quote:
No doubt you'll keep talking utter drivel until every gives up on the conversation as usual.

That didn’t happen, but never mind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:05 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Is this thread still about Durham City FC? :?

In one word, no!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next