It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:13 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:14 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 180
Location: Billingham
Only if you prefer watching the ball being lumped in the air rather than played on the ground.

_________________
www.billinghamtownfc.net
www.twitter.com/BillinghamTown
www.facebook.com/BillinghamTownFootballClub/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:45 pm
Posts: 6
To me, football clubs at this level have changed, or are changing and that is a good thing. They are more about community and building a future rather than just standing still and treading water. Consett are a fantastic example of this. You build and invest in something like a 4g pitch to create a community, and create longevity for the football club. It is no surprise that the clubs that have folded recently did not have any of that.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 180
Location: Billingham
Couldn't agree more.

_________________
www.billinghamtownfc.net
www.twitter.com/BillinghamTown
www.facebook.com/BillinghamTownFootballClub/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 86
Spanish clay court specialist Albert Costa was asked why he didn’t bother playing at Wimbledon..... simple.....he said grass was for cows!!

_________________
INTERPOL: MARAUDER:

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 34
OhMightyOne wrote:
To me, football clubs at this level have changed, or are changing and that is a good thing. They are more about community and building a future rather than just standing still and treading water. Consett are a fantastic example of this. You build and invest in something like a 4g pitch to create a community, and create longevity for the football club. It is no surprise that the clubs that have folded recently did not have any of that.


I agree with the community element, but don’t think has to involve a grass / 3G pitch. You can do that with or without. Point I’m making is that the clubs didn’t fold because they didn’t have a 3G pitch, but not having a community ran club would have contributed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 34
Neil M wrote:
Only if you prefer watching the ball being lumped in the air rather than played on the ground.


I prefer watching different games at different clubs that have unique elements of their pitch, not just the same old surface that a 3G pitch has.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 7:44 am
Posts: 15
Location: land of the prince bishops.
moderator do me a big favour ..ban me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:47 pm
Posts: 806
ban this one as well..thanks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:54 pm
Posts: 746
Location: Costa del Ryhope-by-the-sea
local lad wrote:
moderator do me a big favour ..ban me.
shinner wrote:
ban this one as well..thanks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Frankie's gone at last, then. G'bye, Frank.

_________________
The Senility Prayer:
God grant me the senility to forget the people
I never liked anyway,
The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 180
Location: Billingham
england wrote:
Neil M wrote:
Only if you prefer watching the ball being lumped in the air rather than played on the ground.


I prefer watching different games at different clubs that have unique elements of their pitch, not just the same old surface that a 3G pitch has.


Good for you. I prefer the quality and type of football to be dictated by the players and tactics rather than the surface.

_________________
www.billinghamtownfc.net
www.twitter.com/BillinghamTown
www.facebook.com/BillinghamTownFootballClub/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:52 am
Posts: 7
3G surfaces are horrible (some worse than others) to play a full 90 minutes on. Great for training on and getting extra sessions on in the winter, but, in my opinion, should never be allowed for competitive games.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 34
Neil M wrote:
england wrote:
Neil M wrote:
Only if you prefer watching the ball being lumped in the air rather than played on the ground.


I prefer watching different games at different clubs that have unique elements of their pitch, not just the same old surface that a 3G pitch has.


Good for you. I prefer the quality and type of football to be dictated by the players and tactics rather than the surface.


I prefer everything to be involved, not just taking one of the elements away. Players and tactics are massively part of football on grass, infact much more so, which is the attraction.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:28 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 180
Location: Billingham
england wrote:
I prefer everything to be involved, not just taking one of the elements away. Players and tactics are massively part of football on grass, infact much more so, which is the attraction.


I disagree, it limits the tactics that can be played. Football on a sh*t pitch is usually sh*t.

_________________
www.billinghamtownfc.net
www.twitter.com/BillinghamTown
www.facebook.com/BillinghamTownFootballClub/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 34
Neil M wrote:
england wrote:
I prefer everything to be involved, not just taking one of the elements away. Players and tactics are massively part of football on grass, infact much more so, which is the attraction.


I disagree, it limits the tactics that can be played. Football on a sh*t pitch is usually sh*t.


It shapes the tactics that can be used, that’s the interesting part. Playing on 3G generally leads to the same tactics.
No body mentioned a manure pitch either, I mentioned a grass pitch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: durham city fc.....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:22 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 180
Location: Billingham
england wrote:
Neil M wrote:
england wrote:
I prefer everything to be involved, not just taking one of the elements away. Players and tactics are massively part of football on grass, infact much more so, which is the attraction.


I disagree, it limits the tactics that can be played. Football on a sh*t pitch is usually sh*t.


It shapes the tactics that can be used, that’s the interesting part. Playing on 3G generally leads to the same tactics.
No body mentioned a manure pitch either, I mentioned a grass pitch.


I don't find anything interesting with watching or being forced to play long balls all game.

Wrong. I mentioned sh*t pitches in my first comment, which led to this debate.

_________________
www.billinghamtownfc.net
www.twitter.com/BillinghamTown
www.facebook.com/BillinghamTownFootballClub/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group