It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Dunston
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:11 pm 

Couldn’t ask for a better draw really. Local derby at home and the travelling costs to subtract from our winnings (you never know) will be minimal. Could have been drawn away or home to a better supported team but taking all things into consideration great draw.
I only wonder what Newcastle are doing that day as there were quite a few of their fans there on Saturday.
COME ON DUNSTON

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:29 pm 

Mountain Edge wrote:
I only wonder what Newcastle are doing that day as there were quite a few of their fans there on Saturday.
Newcastle United v Brighton & Hove Albion 3:00pm

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:40 pm 

el Queso Grande wrote:
Mountain Edge wrote:

If the game ends up being on TV, or live streaming(whatever the FA does for Qualifying Rounds). What are the usual times? I know when it gets to the 1st Round Proper, some games are shown live on Fridays, Saturday lunchtimes, Saturday evenings & Sundays.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:44 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
If the game ends up being on TV, or live streaming(whatever the FA does for Qualifying Rounds). What are the usual times?
Last one I watched on the "Red Button" service kicked off 12:30pm.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:59 pm 

el Queso Grande wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
If the game ends up being on TV, or live streaming(whatever the FA does for Qualifying Rounds). What are the usual times?
Last one I watched on the "Red Button" service kicked off 12:30pm.

If the game was shown then, I'm sure the Newcastle fans that wanted to watch the game & get to St James' Park in time can easily do so!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:14 pm 

If I was in UTS's shoes I would want a home tie against the lowest ranked side possible (as I did when Bishops were in the same position 2 seasons ago). They have the home tie so in that respect I think they will be pretty pleased - Add to that it could well be a sell out giving the locality of the draw.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:56 pm 

For the most part are Non League teams not usually shown on a friday or Sunday. I hope it is shown on tv Dunston deserve it. If it is shown on a friday or a sunday it would be great for those football followers who cant get there. Good luck to Dunston either way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:58 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
el Queso Grande wrote:
Mountain Edge wrote:

If the game ends up being on TV, or live streaming(whatever the FA does for Qualifying Rounds). What are the usual times? I know when it gets to the 1st Round Proper, some games are shown live on Fridays, Saturday lunchtimes, Saturday evenings & Sundays.

Move the Newcastle game, much better game at the fed. :) :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:18 pm 

This is a huge game for Dunston.
I’m delighted that Swaz has got the game he wanted, it seems fitting for all the hard work he has put in during this amazing FA Cup run.
I’m delighted for the Committee, who are guaranteed another large gate and a good pay day for the Club which again is reward for the decades of dedication they’ve put in.
As a fan, I listened on TalkSport at work, rather than actually doing any work that I’m paid to do. I thought we’d drawn Wrexham away and was almost halfway to booking days off, until Ray Stubbs read out the draw.
Gateshead are without question a huge step up in quality, which is something we’ve had to contend with as each subsequent round has gone by.

To think that we are a game away from potentially playing Sunderland away. Madness.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:44 pm 

Looks like it’ll be all ticket as the boys from the athletics track might bring a few....

Allez les bleus!

1883, the eruption of Krakatoa!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:07 pm 

Dunston_Mag wrote:
Looks like it’ll be all ticket as the boys from the athletics track might bring a few....

:lol:

I’d imagine that Go-Ahead Gateshead may have to put on a few 49 bus football specials in order to cope with swarms of The Heed Army heading down to the Promisedland.

I was disappointed that I wasted 30 minutes of my life watching Tyne Tees news, only for them not to bother themselves at the sports desk to do a piece on our massive result on Saturday and this mouthwatering tie.

Fair play to The mighty Dawn Thewlis for bothering to give a shout out to the game on The BBC though.

Bring on The Heed, Howay The Fed!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:06 pm 

Dunston have just confirmed on social media it's not all-ticket & regular prices. Details on advance tickets coming soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:54 pm 

Dunston UTS have just reported that this game has been chosen for live streaming by the BBC and kick off will be at 12.30pm.
Great news for Dunston UTS, Gateshead and local non-league football!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:02 pm 

The fact that the Club have not increased their ticket prices for The FA Cup game speaks volumes. It’s not the actual financial side of things, but the reasons why. To reward the fans who’ve followed them for years and to try and attract more supporters in the long term. Hats off to the Club.
Compare that to far larger Clubs whose Chairmen show complete contempt for their Clubs supporters and are only at the Club for financial gain.

In regards to The BBC broadcasting the game on the red button; it’s an excellent advert for North East non league football. Hopefully on the back of this, football fans on Tyneside may actually realise that quality football is on offer elsewhere.
The game is certainly capturing attention locally.

In between all of this FA Cup excitement, Dunston have a rather important FA Vase game away to Billingham Town, who are on a really outstanding run of form at the moment. We then face a difficult trip away to West Auckland, as we look to defend the Northern League Cup. These games at the moment do not get any easier.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:05 pm 

Anyone know what you get off the BBC?