It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:45 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Somebody Has Been Sloppy
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:55 pm 

Noted Ashley Lavan scored 2 for Billingham Town last night and remembered that he played for Guisborough Town last week against us. Saw on Billingham Town's twitter their announcement that they had signed him on 3rd October. However this was actually after I had checked the registration list on the Northern League website last night which shows him as still being registered for Guisborough Town. At the time of writing that is still the case. Now either the Northern League have been very slow in changing Ashley details on the site or Billingham Town have made an error in relation to the paperwork. Here's hoping it's the former and not the latter. When we signed Matthew Crossen a fortnight ago I personally checked that he was on the Northern League Registration list for our team before I wrote his name on the team sheet. So as per my title someone has been, well to put it more diplomatically, not been on the ball in this instance.

Post subject: Re: Somebody Has Been Sloppy
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:04 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Noted Ashley Lavan scored 2 for Billingham Town last night and remembered that he played for Guisborough Town last week against us. Saw on Billingham Town's twitter their announcement that they had signed him on 3rd October. However this was actually after I had checked the registration list on the Northern League website last night which shows him as still being registered for Guisborough Town. At the time of writing that is still the case. Now either the Northern League have been very slow in changing Ashley details on the site or Billingham Town have made an error in relation to the paperwork. Here's hoping it's the former and not the latter. When we signed Matthew Crossen a fortnight ago I personally checked that he was on the Northern League Registration list for our team before I wrote his name on the team sheet. So as per my title someone has been, well to put it more diplomatically, not been on the ball in this instance.
[quote="the little fella"

You may be jumping the gun a little with this LF . I have 2 players signed yesterday , one on a transfer one a new player and neither were showing on the Website last night. I received confirmation on both yesterday so both a able to play from date of receipt. I can imagine some days registration would be extremely busy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:05 pm 

Grass

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:07 pm 

cd wrote:
Sad little grass

Tidied.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:08 pm 

That would be me. :oops: Just noticed Registration List was last updated on 1st October so of course he would appear to be still showing as a Guisborough Town player. However I would want to see any player we signed on this list before I wrote their names on our team sheet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:09 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
the little fella wrote:
[quote="the little fella"

You may be jumping the gun a little with this LF . I have 2 players signed yesterday , one on a transfer one a new player and neither were showing on the Website last night. I received confirmation on both yesterday so both a able to play from date of receipt. I can imagine some days registration would be extremely busy.

Yeah you're right. I'm a matter of fact person and like to see things that way. I know it can drive people crazy but the opposite has the same effect on me.

Last edited by the little fella on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

the little fella wrote:

Thanks for your concerns regarding Ashley Lavan's transfer paperwork, but everything was in order and he was eligible to play in last night's game :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:18 pm 

I used to use NLZ regular for chat but don't now , enough said
Ray Morton secretary BTFC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:19 pm 

the little fella wrote:
That would be me. :oops: Just noticed Registration List was last updated on 1st October so of course he would appear to be still showing as a Guisborough Town player. However I would want to see any player we signed on this list before I wrote their names on our team sheet.
Dave Robinson spends a lot of time away from his home on FA business but he is one of the most meticulous men I have come across. Just because he hasn't been unable to update the site for a few days doesn't mean he hasn't confirmed a registration. I noticed the same situation last week with a Ryhope CW player's registration which didn't appear on the web site when he played last Tuesday, but it was confirmed as legitimate the next time Dave updated the site.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:25 pm 

Yes sincerely sorry folks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:28 pm 

I suppose you've answered your own question! Dave Robinson is thorough...very thorough.

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:00 pm 

The little grasser :lol:
No wonder Teesside Tony is quiet these days!

Only kidding little fella :wink: