It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Sunderland RCA 3-2 Whitley Bay
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:26 pm 

https://wp.me/p4i04N-4yW

Here's my report from tonight's Northern League Division One clash between Sunderland RCA and Whitley Bay where a Dylan Elliott screamer helped RCA to a 3-2 win.

Post subject: Re: Sunderland RCA 3-2 Whitley Bay
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:50 am 

Very frustrating game last night. We were quite poor in the second half but should have been a couple of goals clear at half time - no idea how Foalle didn't get the pen when we were 2-1 up.

Before the game I read a Sunderland RCA fan on their Twitter page saying he was no longer coming to games because of the constant abuse towards refs from their players and bench... I assumed he must have been being melodramatic but Christ, he wasn't wrong. Obviously appealing for most things is part of the game but literally every single thing that happened the entire team and bench having a go at the ref was ridiculous. Going down very easy, time-wasting, kicking the ball away... and at one point the home dugout decided to hide the last remaining ball for about 5 minutes so that play couldn't continue/to kill our momentum. I can see why the fan was turned off by it all.

The winning goal was a wonder-strike, to end on a positive.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:57 am 

RyanS732 wrote:
no idea how Foalle didn't get the pen when we were 2-1 up.
Agreed, I thought it was nailed-on.
RyanS732 wrote:
constant abuse towards refs from their players and bench.
Agreed.
RyanS732 wrote:
at one point the home dugout decided to hide the last remaining ball for about 5 minutes so that play couldn't continue
Not sure about that, there were several balls lost over the surrounding fences and replacements needed inflating. The ref did add on time for it.
RyanS732 wrote:
Agreed.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:20 pm 

el Queso Grande wrote:
RyanS732 wrote:
at one point the home dugout decided to hide the last remaining ball for about 5 minutes so that play couldn't continue
Not sure about that, there were several balls lost over the surrounding fences and replacements needed inflating. The ref did add on time for it.

If that's the case fair enough, we were on the far side & I'd ran off to the loo as play was seemingly stopped indefinitely - came back & was told they'd had a ball all along but that explanation makes sense.

Despite all the 'gamesmanship' the most frustrating thing was that we didn't get it right playing downhill in the second half at all. We have so much pace in Olly Martin & Jack Foalle and just couldn't get them in behind the centre-backs. It's a disappointing run of results for Whitley but I do think we can beat most teams on our day... Hebburn away up next!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:34 pm 

two many team changes need to try and keep a more settled side.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:03 pm 

RyanS732 wrote:
Very frustrating game last night. We were quite poor in the second half but should have been a couple of goals clear at half time - no idea how Foalle didn't get the pen when we were 2-1 up.

Before the game I read a Sunderland RCA fan on their Twitter page saying he was no longer coming to games because of the constant abuse towards refs from their players and bench... I assumed he must have been being melodramatic but Christ, he wasn't wrong. Obviously appealing for most things is part of the game but literally every single thing that happened the entire team and bench having a go at the ref was ridiculous. Going down very easy, time-wasting, kicking the ball away... and at one point the home dugout decided to hide the last remaining ball for about 5 minutes so that play couldn't continue/to kill our momentum. I can see why the fan was turned off by it all.

Sounds like a very poor show from Sunderlad RCA, am glad I did not go to that match.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:28 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Who is the management team there now?

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:32 am 

viewfromthestand wrote:
two many team changes need to try and keep a more settled side.

Agreed. We turn up each week having no idea how the defence, in particular, is going to be set up. I think availability may be an issue for at least one of the CB's but one week it's Gav and Ibby, the next it's Cal & Luke, then it's a combination of 3 CB's with two wing backs. It's good to have different plans of course but there's no consistency at the minute. There's a lot of quality there so I'm sure it'll turn back around soon.

It's easy to say it given the result, but I think add Cal into the XI vs Benfield & that's our strongest team.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:05 pm 

Terrierdave wrote:
Who is the management team there now?
Manager Martin Swales.
Assistant Managers Gary Errington, Mark Cowan.
Player-coach Colin Larkin.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:45 pm 

Steve H wrote:
RyanS732 wrote:

Sounds like a very poor show from Sunderlad RCA, am glad I did not go to that match.

Was exactly the same when we were there this season as well. Could hear all of it stand side as well.