It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:53 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 9:33 pm
Posts: 347
FA Cup second qualifying round replays

Blyth Spartans 1 (Maguire) Nantwich 0, Warrington 2 Consett 0,

EvoStik League East

Marske United 2 (Owens, Stevens) Tadcaster Albion 1 , Morpeth 1 (Petrache) Ossett United 0

EBAC Northern League Division One

Dunston UTS 3 (Thear, Elliott, Nellis) Newton Aycliffe 1 (Matthews), Ryhope CW 3 (Ellis 2, Ellison) Sunderland RCA 1 (Moan)

Brooks Mileson Northern League Cup first round

Birtley 2 (Barwick, Smith) Seaham Red Star 0, Shildon 3 (Moore 3) Willington 3 (Moffat, Brown 2) Willington won 4-1 on penalties

_________________
For news, previews, reports and reaction, go to

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... /division1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 45
Congratulations Willington.

_________________
INTERPOL: MARAUDER:

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 182
Location: Lab 207
Great result for the Birtley lads as well. BTW the lad Ellis at Ryhope CW is having a cracking start to the season, goals for fun

_________________
CESTRIANS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:48 am
Posts: 30
Location: The People’s Republic of Dunston
Commiserations to Consett on last nights result. I really wanted to see another NL side progress into the next round.

Dunstons result was by no means their best performance of the season, but a 3-1 home win against Newton Aycliffe, sees us continue our unbeaten start to the season.

Games like this, last season, so often ended up going the wrong way in respect of the result. So credit for grinding out a decent result last night.

Saturdays match against Consett, sees the two inform sides go head to head, then we have the FA Cup game against Chester before facing Billy Town in The Vase.

Keep it going! Ha'way The Fed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 36
DANNY wrote:
Commiserations to Consett on last nights result. I really wanted to see another NL side progress into the next round.

Dunstons result was by no means their best performance of the season, but a 3-1 home win against Newton Aycliffe, sees us continue our unbeaten start to the season.

Games like this, last season, so often ended up going the wrong way in respect of the result. So credit for grinding out a decent result last night.

Saturdays match against Consett, sees the two inform sides go head to head, then we have the FA Cup game against Chester before facing Billy Town in The Vase.

Keep it going! Ha'way The Fed


Im I alone in finding it bizarre that a Dunston 'fan' would want Consett to progress last night and thus bag a significant cash boost? Bearing in mind Consett may well be one of Dunston main rivals for promotion this season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:48 am
Posts: 30
Location: The People’s Republic of Dunston
Mike M wrote:
DANNY wrote:
Commiserations to Consett on last nights result. I really wanted to see another NL side progress into the next round.

Dunstons result was by no means their best performance of the season, but a 3-1 home win against Newton Aycliffe, sees us continue our unbeaten start to the season.

Games like this, last season, so often ended up going the wrong way in respect of the result. So credit for grinding out a decent result last night.

Saturdays match against Consett, sees the two inform sides go head to head, then we have the FA Cup game against Chester before facing Billy Town in The Vase.

Keep it going! Ha'way The Fed


Im I alone in finding it bizarre that a Dunston 'fan' would want Consett to progress last night and thus bag a significant cash boost? Bearing in mind Consett may well be one of Dunston main rivals for promotion this season.


In short, yes.

I’d rather see a Northern League side progress in a National Cup competition, unless they’re up against Dunston, at the expense of a side from outside the Northern League.

The money Consett may have made from their Cup run is hardly going to provide them with significant finances to go out and sign Messi is it?

I’m also not sure why you decided to write Dunston ‘fan’ in quotation marks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 36
DANNY wrote:
Mike M wrote:
DANNY wrote:
Commiserations to Consett on last nights result. I really wanted to see another NL side progress into the next round.

Dunstons result was by no means their best performance of the season, but a 3-1 home win against Newton Aycliffe, sees us continue our unbeaten start to the season.

Games like this, last season, so often ended up going the wrong way in respect of the result. So credit for grinding out a decent result last night.

Saturdays match against Consett, sees the two inform sides go head to head, then we have the FA Cup game against Chester before facing Billy Town in The Vase.

Keep it going! Ha'way The Fed


Im I alone in finding it bizarre that a Dunston 'fan' would want Consett to progress last night and thus bag a significant cash boost? Bearing in mind Consett may well be one of Dunston main rivals for promotion this season.


In short, yes.

I’d rather see a Northern League side progress in a National Cup competition, unless they’re up against Dunston, at the expense of a side from outside the Northern League.

The money Consett may have made from their Cup run is hardly going to provide them with significant finances to go out and sign Messi is it?

I’m also not sure why you decided to write Dunston ‘fan’ in quotation marks.


If Consett had progressed to the 3rd Qualifying Round they would have picked up a substantial amount of cash that they could use to strengthen their side and thus outmuscle Dunston in the promotion race. Surely any 'fan' of a rival club can see this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:48 am
Posts: 30
Location: The People’s Republic of Dunston
Considering the fact that Dunston have progressed into the next round, and therefore won a greater amount of money,would you then apply the same logic by stating that we, Dunston, are in a position to ‘Out muscle’ Consett in the promotion race?

From what Swaz was saying on The NL podcast, he had his heart set on spending some of the prize money on a new ice machine for the changing rooms.

To be honest with you, I never considered the point amount prize money being a major factor in passing on commiserations to a fellow NL Club. I think you’re possibly reading too much into it Mike.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:47 am
Posts: 43
Location: Rowlands Gill
In support of Danny and as a Dunston “fan” myself, I was also disappointed that Consett lost. Not because I like or dislike them as a club but because there are friends of mine who either play for or support them.
Just as an aside, the money is purely secondary as what you can win doesn’t make all that much of a difference unless you really go a long way. Yes, It does help but it isn’t world changing. What progressing can do is put the clubs name in the spotlight and possibly attract more support and sponsorship giving longer term benefits.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:41 pm
Posts: 251
Location: birtley
Just to put in Contrast
Dunston up to now with coming in at Extra prem round have won up to Now 20k in prize money
should they beat chester thats over 35k which in some smaller clubs cases could cover a full seasons expenses. So in all essence win 4 games for 20k or 5 games for 35k certainly not to be sniffed at when considering you have to win about 11/12 games to win the FA vase for what 25k to the winners puts it into perspective.

Win 4 or 5 games in the FA CUP For a lot of money or win the league for very little money!

_________________
IL SEE YOU AT THE FAR POST


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 36
AMB wrote:
Just to put in Contrast
Dunston up to now with coming in at Extra prem round have won up to Now 20k in prize money
should they beat chester thats over 35k which in some smaller clubs cases could cover a full seasons expenses. So in all essence win 4 games for 20k or 5 games for 35k certainly not to be sniffed at when considering you have to win about 11/12 games to win the FA vase for what 25k to the winners puts it into perspective.

Win 4 or 5 games in the FA CUP For a lot of money or win the league for very little money!


Thanks AMB, puts relevance to my original point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 105
Location: Spennymoor
It’s good to see clubs having decent cup runs as long as the prize money gets invested into their club and not the chairman’s pockets.

_________________
SPENNYMOOR FC

WINNERS AT WEMBLEY


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 802
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
Mike M wrote:
AMB wrote:
Just to put in Contrast
Dunston up to now with coming in at Extra prem round have won up to Now 20k in prize money
should they beat chester thats over 35k which in some smaller clubs cases could cover a full seasons expenses. So in all essence win 4 games for 20k or 5 games for 35k certainly not to be sniffed at when considering you have to win about 11/12 games to win the FA vase for what 25k to the winners puts it into perspective.

Win 4 or 5 games in the FA CUP For a lot of money or win the league for very little money!


Thanks AMB, puts relevance to my original point.


Im with Mike on this, why would any fan of one Club be disappointed if a rival Club got knocked out. They more than likely would use any winnings/gate receipts on strengthening their "war chest" in order to beat said rivals team.

I might be in the minority on here but my only interest as far as winning is concerned is my own Club (although I do have a soft spot for Ashington as I was born there :D )

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 36
Wack wrote:
Mike M wrote:
AMB wrote:
Just to put in Contrast
Dunston up to now with coming in at Extra prem round have won up to Now 20k in prize money
should they beat chester thats over 35k which in some smaller clubs cases could cover a full seasons expenses. So in all essence win 4 games for 20k or 5 games for 35k certainly not to be sniffed at when considering you have to win about 11/12 games to win the FA vase for what 25k to the winners puts it into perspective.

Win 4 or 5 games in the FA CUP For a lot of money or win the league for very little money!


Thanks AMB, puts relevance to my original point.


Im with Mike on this, why would any fan of one Club be disappointed if a rival Club got knocked out. They more than likely would use any winnings/gate receipts on strengthening their "war chest" in order to beat said rivals team.

I might be in the minority on here but my only interest as far as winning is concerned is my own Club (although I do have a soft spot for Ashington as I was born there :D )


Thanks Wack....i am not alone then :D :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:47 am
Posts: 43
Location: Rowlands Gill
Clearly I think more of my friends than some others do. I’m happy with that.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group