All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:53 pm 

FA Cup second qualifying round replays

Blyth Spartans 1 (Maguire) Nantwich 0, Warrington 2 Consett 0,

EvoStik League East

Marske United 2 (Owens, Stevens) Tadcaster Albion 1 , Morpeth 1 (Petrache) Ossett United 0

EBAC Northern League Division One

Dunston UTS 3 (Thear, Elliott, Nellis) Newton Aycliffe 1 (Matthews), Ryhope CW 3 (Ellis 2, Ellison) Sunderland RCA 1 (Moan)

Brooks Mileson Northern League Cup first round

Birtley 2 (Barwick, Smith) Seaham Red Star 0, Shildon 3 (Moore 3) Willington 3 (Moffat, Brown 2) Willington won 4-1 on penalties

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... /division1

Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:59 pm 

Congratulations Willington.

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:52 am 

Great result for the Birtley lads as well. BTW the lad Ellis at Ryhope CW is having a cracking start to the season, goals for fun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:37 am 

Commiserations to Consett on last nights result. I really wanted to see another NL side progress into the next round.

Dunstons result was by no means their best performance of the season, but a 3-1 home win against Newton Aycliffe, sees us continue our unbeaten start to the season.

Games like this, last season, so often ended up going the wrong way in respect of the result. So credit for grinding out a decent result last night.

Saturdays match against Consett, sees the two inform sides go head to head, then we have the FA Cup game against Chester before facing Billy Town in The Vase.

Keep it going! Ha'way The Fed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:52 pm 

DANNY wrote:
Commiserations to Consett on last nights result. I really wanted to see another NL side progress into the next round.

Dunstons result was by no means their best performance of the season, but a 3-1 home win against Newton Aycliffe, sees us continue our unbeaten start to the season.

Games like this, last season, so often ended up going the wrong way in respect of the result. So credit for grinding out a decent result last night.

Saturdays match against Consett, sees the two inform sides go head to head, then we have the FA Cup game against Chester before facing Billy Town in The Vase.

Im I alone in finding it bizarre that a Dunston 'fan' would want Consett to progress last night and thus bag a significant cash boost? Bearing in mind Consett may well be one of Dunston main rivals for promotion this season.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:51 pm 

Mike M wrote:
DANNY wrote:

Im I alone in finding it bizarre that a Dunston 'fan' would want Consett to progress last night and thus bag a significant cash boost? Bearing in mind Consett may well be one of Dunston main rivals for promotion this season.

In short, yes.

I’d rather see a Northern League side progress in a National Cup competition, unless they’re up against Dunston, at the expense of a side from outside the Northern League.

The money Consett may have made from their Cup run is hardly going to provide them with significant finances to go out and sign Messi is it?

I’m also not sure why you decided to write Dunston ‘fan’ in quotation marks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:33 pm 

DANNY wrote:
Mike M wrote:
DANNY wrote:

In short, yes.

I’d rather see a Northern League side progress in a National Cup competition, unless they’re up against Dunston, at the expense of a side from outside the Northern League.

The money Consett may have made from their Cup run is hardly going to provide them with significant finances to go out and sign Messi is it?

I’m also not sure why you decided to write Dunston ‘fan’ in quotation marks.

If Consett had progressed to the 3rd Qualifying Round they would have picked up a substantial amount of cash that they could use to strengthen their side and thus outmuscle Dunston in the promotion race. Surely any 'fan' of a rival club can see this?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:47 pm 

Considering the fact that Dunston have progressed into the next round, and therefore won a greater amount of money,would you then apply the same logic by stating that we, Dunston, are in a position to ‘Out muscle’ Consett in the promotion race?

From what Swaz was saying on The NL podcast, he had his heart set on spending some of the prize money on a new ice machine for the changing rooms.

To be honest with you, I never considered the point amount prize money being a major factor in passing on commiserations to a fellow NL Club. I think you’re possibly reading too much into it Mike.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:06 pm 

In support of Danny and as a Dunston “fan” myself, I was also disappointed that Consett lost. Not because I like or dislike them as a club but because there are friends of mine who either play for or support them.
Just as an aside, the money is purely secondary as what you can win doesn’t make all that much of a difference unless you really go a long way. Yes, It does help but it isn’t world changing. What progressing can do is put the clubs name in the spotlight and possibly attract more support and sponsorship giving longer term benefits.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:17 am 

Just to put in Contrast
Dunston up to now with coming in at Extra prem round have won up to Now 20k in prize money
should they beat chester thats over 35k which in some smaller clubs cases could cover a full seasons expenses. So in all essence win 4 games for 20k or 5 games for 35k certainly not to be sniffed at when considering you have to win about 11/12 games to win the FA vase for what 25k to the winners puts it into perspective.

Win 4 or 5 games in the FA CUP For a lot of money or win the league for very little money!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:57 am 

AMB wrote:
Just to put in Contrast
Dunston up to now with coming in at Extra prem round have won up to Now 20k in prize money
should they beat chester thats over 35k which in some smaller clubs cases could cover a full seasons expenses. So in all essence win 4 games for 20k or 5 games for 35k certainly not to be sniffed at when considering you have to win about 11/12 games to win the FA vase for what 25k to the winners puts it into perspective.

Win 4 or 5 games in the FA CUP For a lot of money or win the league for very little money!

Thanks AMB, puts relevance to my original point.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:41 am 

It’s good to see clubs having decent cup runs as long as the prize money gets invested into their club and not the chairman’s pockets.

WINNERS AT WEMBLEY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:23 pm 

Mike M wrote:
AMB wrote:
Just to put in Contrast

Im with Mike on this, why would any fan of one Club be disappointed if a rival Club got knocked out. They more than likely would use any winnings/gate receipts on strengthening their "war chest" in order to beat said rivals team.

I might be in the minority on here but my only interest as far as winning is concerned is my own Club (although I do have a soft spot for Ashington as I was born there :D )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:10 pm 

Wack wrote:
Mike M wrote:
AMB wrote:
Just to put in Contrast

Im with Mike on this, why would any fan of one Club be disappointed if a rival Club got knocked out. They more than likely would use any winnings/gate receipts on strengthening their "war chest" in order to beat said rivals team.

I might be in the minority on here but my only interest as far as winning is concerned is my own Club (although I do have a soft spot for Ashington as I was born there :D )

Thanks Wack....i am not alone then :D :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:12 pm 

Clearly I think more of my friends than some others do. I’m happy with that.