It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:08 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Top three
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:55 am 

england wrote:
Totally agree and as far as I’m concerned that shows the system is flawed. When promoted it should be difficult in the league above, until you get settled, make improvements etc. At the minute it seems like they had a similar team playing in the NL

It’s not just the northern league, look at Runcorn linnets and Atherton Collierys....they are top and 4th and historically over the last few seasons pretty more teams than not gain promotion and do really well in the league above. This tells me the league above is about the same standard maybe a tiny bit better but with much more travelling.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:03 am 
Site Admin

There's a few teams in recent years who have been promoted from step 7 to the Northern League 2nd Division and walked it. Stockton, Blyth, Ryhope x 2. Jarrow doing well this year. Doesn't necessarily mean the leagues as a whole are the same standard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:38 am 

Neil M wrote:
There's a few teams in recent years who have been promoted from step 7 to the Northern League 2nd Division and walked it. Stockton, Blyth, Ryhope x 2. Jarrow doing well this year. Doesn't necessarily mean the leagues as a whole are the same standard.

I think it shows that the promotion situation works, clubs should promoted and competing at higher levels.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:48 am 

Oink Oink wrote:
england wrote:
Totally agree and as far as I’m concerned that shows the system is flawed. When promoted it should be difficult in the league above, until you get settled, make improvements etc. At the minute it seems like they had a similar team playing in the NL

It’s not just the northern league, look at Runcorn linnets and Atherton Collierys....they are top and 4th and historically over the last few seasons pretty more teams than not gain promotion and do really well in the league above. This tells me the league above is about the same standard maybe a tiny bit better but with much more travelling.

Look at all the step 7 clubs that were promoted to the new NWCL1S & NWCL1N. Apart from a couple, most teams are excelling in those league’s. Teams that have been in the NWCL1 for years are struggling at the bottom of those two league’s. So I expect the same to happen to the northeastern teams when the new step 4 league is created. I fully expect to see ex-NCEL clubs to be struggling at the bottom of that league.