It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:54 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Im not a fan of the new looking northernleague website
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:08 pm 

Does anyone else have problems with it on match days,especially after the games. The old site was updated very quickly with league tables etc, but even when it wasn’t updated it still worked.
This site just never loads up and comes up with errors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah it either takes forever to load, or comes up with 'Service Unavailable' for me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:58 pm 

Neil M wrote:
Yeah it either takes forever to load, or comes up with 'Service Unavailable' for me.

Cheers, same for me, at least it’s not me and must be the site. Let’s hope something changes as it used be updated and accessible by now

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:10 pm 

Have tried to get on the past 3 hours...

Website Manager

Twitter> @btfcofficial

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:16 pm 

I have the same problem getting on . Especially round about 5-00pm on a Saturday

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:39 pm 

I usually get the "resource limit reached" for quite a while after each game, especially on a Saturday. It basically means too many people are on it or trying to get on it at the same time and the host account can't cope. You've just gotta keep refreshing in the hope that someone has given up or try later.

I like the design of it. The old one was great for information whereas the new one doesn't have everything the old one used to but that will come with time. It can't be easy having to add all the stats etc.

Facebook: @BirtleyTownFC
Twitter: @BirtleyTFC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:03 pm 

Munch wrote:
I usually get the "resource limit reached" for quite a while after each game, especially on a Saturday. It basically means too many people are on it or trying to get on it at the same time and the host account can't cope. You've just gotta keep refreshing in the hope that someone has given up or try later.

I like the design of it. The old one was great for information whereas the new one doesn't have everything the old one used to but that will come with time. It can't be easy having to add all the stats etc.

I can’t imagine thousands of people are trying to acdess the site!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:10 pm 

england wrote:
Munch wrote:

Can you not? I can. If thats not the answer, it's very strange how it's always happening straight after the games.

Facebook: @BirtleyTownFC
Twitter: @BirtleyTFC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

england wrote:

Really? We (Billy Town) have had over 200 unique hits to our website today. I can imagine a site like the NL would easy get thousands on a Saturday.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:01 am 

Neil M wrote:
england wrote:

Really? We (Billy Town) have had over 200 unique hits to our website today. I can imagine a site like the NL would easy get thousands on a Saturday.

200 hits on a site does not mean that everyone was on at the same time. I don’t know how the site is set up, but if it can’t cope with the numbers that will be accessing it, which may be 1000-3000, which isn’t a lot for a website, it’s not great then

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:25 am 
Site Admin

england wrote:
Neil M wrote:
england wrote:

200 hits on a site does not mean that everyone was on at the same time. I don’t know how the site is set up, but if it can’t cope with the numbers that will be accessing it, which may be 1000-3000, which isn’t a lot for a website, it’s not great then

:roll: No it doesn't, but you know that wasn't my point, and you have now changed your story. You said "I can’t imagine thousands of people are trying to acdess the site!!" My point was that one small club getting over 200 unique hits (that's unique hits, not multiple visits from the same people) then it's quite easy to imagine the NL website will be getting thousands trying to visit it on a Saturday after full time.

england wrote:

england wrote:
if it can’t cope with the numbers that will be accessing it, which may be 1000-3000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:14 pm 

quote="england"]
Neil M wrote:
england wrote:

200 hits on a site does not mean that everyone was on at the same time. I don’t know how the site is set up, but if it can’t cope with the numbers that will be accessing it, which may be 1000-3000, which isn’t a lot for a website, it’s not great then[/quote]

:roll: No it doesn't, but you know that wasn't my point, and you have now changed your story. You said "I can’t imagine thousands of people are trying to acdess the site!!" My point was that one small club getting over 200 unique hits (that's unique hits, not multiple visits from the same people) then it's quite easy to imagine the NL website will be getting thousands trying to visit it on a Saturday after full time.

england wrote:

england wrote:
if it can’t cope with the numbers that will be accessing it, which may be 1000-3000
[/quote]

I’m not changing any story, if the site cant cope with the traffic it’s getting now, then that’s a big problem, as the previous one could!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:05 pm 

People running the site clearly do not know much about web dev

I don’t use red site now it has gone back over and most times unusable

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:03 am 

We’re sorry people are having problems accessing the new website on matchdays. We’re obviously aware of the situation and have done a number of things to try and sort the problem out – including moving the site to a more powerful server.
The old site was a text-based system and therefore did not put as much demand on the server. The new website has more processes behind it. Those new processes mean we are able to provide more information – such as goal scorers, red cards etc and attendances for each match.
It also means we can load news stories and attach photos to stories and the blog. When developing the new site we tried to keep it as clean and simple as possible and with a similar lay-out to the old site – so that it was easy for people to navigate around.
The style of any website – either new or old – will obviously appeal to some people and not to others.
We continue to look at ways to solve the access problems which occur immediately after matches finish, particularly on a Saturday afternoon when demand is at the highest.
Again, we’re sorry for the problems encountered.

Mike Snowdon
Media and PR officer
Ebac Northern League

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:20 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Mike. Keep up the great work!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next