It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Durham Manager Departs.........
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:56 pm 

Darlo.......Cleveland Bridge.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:30 pm 

Surely that opens the door for Wally and his brother to get back in #tometoyou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:31 pm 

Don't worry folks.......Mr Bernard will take over as manager and you will be in the Crook and District league in no time, then you can play on any old public park............simples !!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:11 pm 

A real shame it didn't work out as the Manager seemed very positive initially and he did give several new players a chance in the Northern League to try to prove themselves - but we struggled badly in terms of results despite a strong first game at home to Willington.

We are now 19th in the NL2 with a results record of LLLLL - There will again most likely be a zero budget so it will be a huge challenge for anybody to rescue us from relegation now, and anybody who takes the job and keeps us in NL2 should be knighted and be allowed to walk his sheep anywhere in County Durham ;-)

Our only hope is that we ask (beg) Oliver Hotchkiss to come back - He has been publicly clear that he is taking a break to spend time with his family having been very badly let down at Washington so the chances are slim but he is a true Durham boy and maybe he might give it a go just to try to save his club.

Oliver is one of the few Managers who could entice players to play for us for nothing just for the experience - but my worry is that there are some clubs right now looking to change things and Oliver will be a key target for them too.

Right now unless we make a top appointment it is clear we are destined for the Wearside League and it will take a miracle to keep us in the Northern League which is sad as Mr. Bernard has most positively committed to invest in a new ground and I understand planning approval is also very close to being assessed.

The football romantic in me would love to see Oliver back at Durham, also see us survive and then move to a brand new home next season - people may mock but the people involved in the football club who have given everything in the last years really deserve that to happen as I know there are several people who have kept my club alive with their sheer hard work.

A critical time for Durham City - Fingers crossed #DurhamFamily

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:16 pm 

The commitee lads of Durham that attended yesterday’s game were pretty upbeat tbh . Maybe something in the pipeline . I sincerely hope so . I wish you all the very best in the future

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:30 pm 

It will be difficult for Oli to go back, as most of his players will be fixed up with NL clubs now and if at Washington picking up decent money. Nothing to entice them away to a team at bottom of the league. It's a real shame, I remember in my earlier years, Durham were the best team in the NL and I got the run around a couple of times against them but was a great experience playing against the likes of English, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:47 pm 

Chinny wrote:
It will be difficult for Oli to go back, as most of his players will be fixed up with NL clubs now and if at Washington picking up decent money. Nothing to entice them away to a team at bottom of the league. It's a real shame, I remember in my earlier years, Durham were the best team in the NL and I got the run around a couple of times against them but was a great experience playing against the likes of English, etc.
tommys left peg was a wand..except when taking penaltys...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:25 am 

Gutted for Mikey, you couldnt meet a nicer lad, totally committed and would of given Durham 100%. I honestly thought he could of turned Durham around. Best of luck mate.

http://www.crooktownfc.co.uk

CROOK TOWN 12 BISHOP HORSELAND 1.

C.T.C.

"IF TETLEY PUT THE T IN TEA, WHO PUT THE C*** IN SCUNTHORPE?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:55 am 

would like to hear from mr bernard or board...what is really happening..with new ground..future of club..it doesnt look too bright from this end..looks like a false dawn to me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:05 pm 
Site Admin

Have you tried actually speaking to any of the people involved in running Durham on a match day rather than having a whinge on an internet forum every week?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:17 pm 

matter of fact i have.. but not from mr bernard or their lass...ps by the way isnt it time you algamated...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

Well there you go then, try speaking to the organ grinder. ps. don't know what that means mate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:07 pm 

Neil M wrote:
Well there you go then, try speaking to the organ grinder. ps. don't know what that means mate.

I think he meant amalgamated(merged with) & I reckon it's with Synthonia!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

I think you're right mate! I'm not sure about what it has to do with the conversation like :?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:10 pm 

Critical next appointment for my team!

I wasn't able to join the game last night but yet again we lost and struggled to score but were unlucky yet again.

Our next managerial appointment is the most critical decision my club will take in many a year.

We are 19th in NL2 and other than the last season and a half with Oliver Hotchkiss who performed miracles on a zero budget and young boys we have been in continuous decline.

We have only scored 2 goals and seem destined for the Wearside League which will cause many a tear for all Citizens but give many other a club reasons to celebrate.

I know that there are firm plans for a new ground so my club cannot allow yet another relegation so the next managerial appointment will show the true ambitions of our club and our new Manager must be able to very quickly attract new players to save us from what others see as an inevitable relegation scenario.

This next appointment will be the most critical managerial appointment in the modern history of Durham City AFC and I hope that its a good one and also that there is a small budget available to avoid the new Manager having the unenviable record of being personally responsible for Durham City AFC relegation to the Wearside League.

I remain hopeful - We cannot allow our great club to decline any further but the next decision will make a big statement about intent - Let's hope it's a really positive one - and not Allardyce ;-)

#DurhamFamily