Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Billingham Synthonia 3-1 Knaresborough Town - FA Vase
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:32 pm 

Match Report: 1/9/18
Billingham Synthonia 3, Knaresborough Town 1

Buildbase FA Vase 1st Qualifying Round

Teams:
Billingham Synthonia: Roberts, Minter (Tiffany), Jaques, Grier, Frazer, O'Connor, Wilson, Pollock(c), Weatherald, Hannah (Reader), Howes. Subs not used; Heslin, Gnaglo, Raby.
Knaresborough Town: Corbett, Carlton (Donnelly), Kidd, Parkes(c), Anderson, Cook, Youhill, Worrall, Bromley (Wilson), Walker, Garbutt (Cohen). Sub not used; Rushworth.

Knaresborough were quick out the blocks and opened the scoring inside a minute as STEVE BROMLEY latched onto a ball forward and shot from the left of goal into the far corner of the net past Synners keeper Callum Roberts.

Synners were'nt behind long as they levelled the game up in the 4th minute as SCOTT HOWES made a strong run on the left into the box and shot home to the far corner of the net.

Two fantastic point blank saves from Roberts for Synthonia at the end of the first half denied the visitors and left the game all square going in at the break.

Half-time: Synners 1, Knaresborough Town 1

Billingham went into the ascendancy within two minutes of the re-start with a great strike from MATTHEW WILSON in the 47th minute as he cut in from the right past two Knaresborough players and unleashed an unstoppable 30-yard shot which flew into the net.

A third goal on the hour mark saw Synthonia safely into the next round and an away tie at Hebburn Town in a fortnight when substitute Clark Reader beat the offside and raced in on goal from the half-way line; he squared the ball to the open HOWES who side-footed home.

Full-time: Synners 3, Knaresborough Town 1

Referee: Mr A Nichol Assistants: R Kendall, J Henderson.

Attendance: 85

Post subject: Re: Billingham Synthonia 3-1 Knaresborough Town - FA Vase
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:22 pm 

Good win that! Not an easy tie on paper.

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:22 pm 

I wasn't confident going into the game, especially the performance they put in against Blyth, running out 5-1 winners i believe?

They didn't seem to bring many fans, but the ones i did pass by at the end of the game seemed in total shock. Maybe Synners have gained confidence from the win over Easington last weekend, which also shocked a lot of people.

I'm hoping this is the start of a run we can put together with this team in transition at the moment full of really young lads. But we will see. Extremely jealous of the team Billingham Town have put together and i would take mid-table at the end of the season in a heart beat.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:24 pm 

Must admit, after watching the Barnoldswick game I was in shock how bad synners were. However you do have some good players like Jacques Howes Hannah etc. Regards to Town....we are enjoying it but as you know well...things can change quickly between the two clubs. I will see how things are on Weds when you play Tow Law!

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.