It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:09 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Billingham Town v AFC Campion Preview
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:03 pm 

BILLINGHAM TOWN V AFC CAMPION PREVIEW
FA VASE 1st QUALIFYING ROUND

Billingham Town welcome North East Counties Division One side AFC Campion from Bradford for what should be an entertaining cup encounter. Both clubs have began their respective league campaigns in impressive fashion but as we all know, League form and new opposition makes that fact inconsequential. The winners of the tie will then host Birtley Town in two weeks time whom received a first qualifying round bye. Campion come into the game after a two week break having not played since their defeat to Selby Town.

FOCUS ON AFC CAMPION:
The North Bradford based club have been a member of the North East Counties League for three seasons having gained promotion in 2015. Now a step 6 club, the same as Town, Campion finished 8th and 9th in their first two season but even at this early stage, they appear to be promotion hopefuls. We know Campion like to play attacking football at every opportunity which should complement Town’s style of play whether its dominating possession or playing on the counter attack. Names to look out for are the wonderfully named Omar Habeeb Torres, who began pre season in superb scoring form (scored a hat-trick against Knaresbrough but the match was abandoned!). Others to have gotten on the score sheet include defender Benjamin Kendall, midfielders Lee Bradshaw, Alex Cusack and Jay Davis.

ONE TO WATCH: TALENT NDLOVU
Quite a story to this ‘talented’ Zimbabwe born midfielder. Emigrated with his family and settled in Barnsley where the club spotted his abilities when he was only a 12 year old. The club must have had high hopes for him because they released a media article to the local newspaper where they were hoping for him to breakthrough into the first team. Alas, he moved on and played for Guiseley, Silsden and Thackley amongst other clubs. The creative spark when Campion are in possession.

RECENT RESULTS: (All North East Counties League)
Selby Town 2-0 Campion
Emley 2-3 Campion (Cusack, Hurles-Brook, Britton)
Campion 2-0 Emley (Davis 2)
Worsborough Bridge 3-2 Campion (Cusack, Torres)
Dronfield Town 0-2 Campion (Kendall, Bradshaw)

SELECTED PRE-SEASON RESULTS:
Silsden 1-2 Campion (Ndlovu, Brown)
Thackley 0-5 Campion (Ndlovu 2, Cusack, Torres, Ovington)

TALKING TOWN:
Barry Oliver & Paul Edwards will decide whether to hand Ollie Simpson a start in goal after signing from Thornaby or to keep Jack Patton in the sticks. Luke Hogan is on holiday and will also miss the Washington game but Lee Moore, Kris Summers and Dan Maddison should all return. Reece Kenney and Arthur Connelly will both be looking to start after scoring goals last week. Unfortunately, Elliott Beddow will be out for a minimum of two weeks with an ankle injury he sustained during the second half at Esh Winning last week. Even at this stage, If Town were to win the tie then he will be rated doubtful for the second qualifying round in two weeks time.

OTHER INFO:
If the game is all square after ninety minutes and after extra time, then the tie will go straight to penalties. If Town were to win the tie, then the top of the table league clash against Chester Le Street Town on the 15th September will be postponed.

MATCH INFO:
FA Vase 1st Qualifying Round
Saturday 1st September, Bedford Terrace, kick off 3:00pm
£5 Adults, £3 Concessions, Under 16s free

Sent from my iPad

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

Post subject: Re: Billingham Town v AFC Campion Preview
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:58 pm 

Interpol wrote:
ONE TO WATCH: TALENT NDLOVU
Quite a story to this ‘talented’ Zimbabwe born midfielder. Emigrated with his family and settled in Barnsley where the club spotted his abilities when he was only a 12 year old. The club must have had high hopes for him because they released a media article to the local newspaper where they were hoping for him to breakthrough into the first team. Alas, he moved on and played for Guiseley, Silsden and Thackley amongst other clubs. The creative spark when Campion are in possession.
I remember this lad from three seasons back when Sunderland RCA visited Silsden in a Vase tie and won 4-2. He looked like one of those players who never really fulfill their potential, he has some great skill but doesn't seem to use it effectively, although he did score one of his side's goals with a screamer and I think he set up the other.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

Post subject: Re: Billingham Town v AFC Campion Preview
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:22 am 

Sounds like the type of player who can win a game on his own but could also go missing....thanks for the info el Queso Grande.

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.