It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:24 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Bishops Auckland FC
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:39 pm 

What’s people’s thoughts on the new look Bishops after pre season and the first 2 league games?

Darren Richardson
Shaun Ryder
Michael Hoganson
Andrew Johnson
Chris Winn

The above have all remained from last seasons squad and have all featured in the wins against Whickham & North Shields.

Niall McGoldrick & Aiden Hart remain part of the squad but have not yet featured so far but will sure play their part at some point.

I stand by what I said a month or so ago....if this group of players click Bishops could be right up there this season.

Post subject: Re: Bishops Auckland FC
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:57 pm 

Bishops seem to be the main benefactor (apart from Meadow Well FC :wink:) from the Whitley Bay exodus as they've picked up both Patton brothers and Chrissy Salmon. All three very good players in their own way & with Chan in charge too I'm hoping Bishops have a good season.

I still follow the ex-Bay lads on Twitter and Cal Patton (the most consistently dangerous corner taker in the league, imo) says the team spirit is great & that's reflected in what must have been a hard-fought away victory last night with 10 men against a good team.

I'd expect Bishops to be top 5 at least and no reason why they can't have a decent Vase run.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:47 pm 

Ask us after about 10 games!!!! Good start though

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:44 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
Ask us after about 10 games!!!! Good start though

I was at the game last night. I was impressed with Bishops in the second half particularly with the way they dug in and refused to let the points drop. There was a heart about the team that simply wasn't there when I saw them last season. I was very impressed with Winn and Richardson in particular.

I don't think they'll be in the top three this season but it would be great to see them competing this time. It's only a short walk for me from home to Heritage Park but I put in a lot more effort getting there than some of the lads did during the games at times. Mind you, I don't include any of the lads you mentioned in that list in that statement. Clearly Chandler has a bunch of lads ready to do battle for him and the club which was really great to see.

Two games in it all looks rosey but like Cestrian says, let's see after 10 games.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:48 pm 

Couldn't Mike M put all the Bishops drivel on one thread :roll:

Whos interested in Northern Soul anyway, its just crap Mowtown that only made the cutting room floor. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:41 pm 

Wack wrote:
Couldn't Mike M put all the Bishops drivel on one thread :roll:

Whos interested in Northern Soul anyway, its just crap Mowtown that only made the cutting room floor. :D

I don’t understand why they haven’t got their own thread either

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:11 pm 

I don’t get the why are we talking about this attitude, it’s a football forum and this thread unlike others is not a load of ....

Watched both games this season and what has been hard is to pick a MOM as everyone has played well, I agree Cal Patton, Daz and Ryder look like a very solid midfield all of whom have goals to their game.

Winn performances has picked up from where he left off last season his work rate tremendous, let’s not forget we still have AJ to come back in to the team.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:49 pm 

Well it’s a northern league forum we’re a northern league team?or should we all just read what 1 person says about ryton and crawcrook Albion for the next 3 weeks and no one reply?seems to be what people want?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:18 am 

What's wrong with Ryton? don't pick on us lol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:53 am 

Im not mate just mentioned you s as never get no crack out out you s haha

See lads all we have to do is coax these smaller clubs fans then they join in!after all its the future of keeping the site going!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:46 pm 

This site is on its way down but unfortunately that's just the modern age. Most clubs from professional level downwards now have their own forums.

On topic I would like to see Bishops promoted, just so we dont have to hear them bang on about how massive they are (at Northern League level).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:49 pm 

Mr Pip wrote:
This site is on its way down but unfortunately that's just the modern age. Most clubs from professional level downwards now have their own forums.

On topic I would like to see Bishops promoted, just so we dont have to hear them bang on about how massive they are (at Northern League level).

I tend to agree with you. This site has lost its appeal after having to read seasons worth of posts relating to Bishops constant blathering on about “SpennymoorTown/Evenwood” and/or“Darlington FC/1883.”
Unfortunately, for Bishops fans, both of these two Clubs have left the NL for bigger and brighter things, leaving the rest of us to listen to some Bishops fans act like the attention seeking toddler of the NLZ and Bishop fans with nobody to play trolling with.
As they’ve crashed out of The FA Cup today, no doubt they can focus on repeating the same old churned out nonsense about the “Tin Pot Cup” as they endure yet another fruitless season in their long and illustrious history.
They could always show their horses how many bites they’ve had from smaller teams whilst regaling their Equine housemate with tales about the great days of Bob Hardisty.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:42 pm 

Mr Pip wrote:

Why would you want Tindale Fc promoted, its funny listening to the deluded fans thinking they should be leagues above when they were close to relegation last season.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:09 am 

We getting some bites now!!!!

Just to let people know

Darlington will always be Darlington

Bishop will always be bishop

tindnale will always be tindale

Spennymoor town will always be evenwood

Just so your all sure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:14 am 

Zizou wrote:
Mr Pip wrote:

Why would you want Tindale Fc promoted, its funny listening to the deluded fans thinking they should be leagues above when they were close to relegation last season.

As for delusion......is keep tindale out of it.like to see you on a field with stuart,Peter Whittaker etc.................not too bad players