It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:01 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:18 pm 

EBAC Northern League Division One
Hebburn 3 (Sullivan, Richardson, Armstrong) Ashington 2 (North, Atkinson), Ryhope CW 1 (Ellis) West Auckland 3 (Purewal, Fisher 2),
Division Two
Birtley 5 (Barwick 3, Soulsby, Tanoh) Tow Law 0, Durham City 0 Bedlington 0, Washington 1 (Robinson) Chester-le-Street 2 (Clarkson, Megran)

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... /division1

Post subject: Re: Tuesday results and scorers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:20 am 

Just out of curiousity: What's Nathan Fisher's goal per game ratio since joining West Auckland? Certainly can't be too bad.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:45 am 

Two great results for Birtley to start with. Didn't see that one coming from last night.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:03 am 

Cestrian wrote:
Two great results for Birtley to start with. Didn't see that one coming from last night.

the same tow law beat Washy easily on saturday...doesnt make washys form look good ....ollie and his ex durham players havent made a very good start...thought they would have progressed this season...with a bit budget behind them..unlike last seasons zero.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:44 am 

local lad wrote:
Cestrian wrote:

the same tow law beat Washy easily on saturday...doesnt make washys form look good ....ollie and his ex durham players havent made a very good start...thought they would have progressed this season...with a bit budget behind them..unlike last seasons zero.

Was talking to a pal of mine who was at the game said they were very ordinary other than the little right winger and the big lad up front and Chester were much the better side.

Olly apparently spent most of his time arguing with and tying to wind up Chesters players, officials, managment and supporters form what he said, very un-profesional.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:05 am 

Another superb result for Birtley. The game was 0-0 up until halfway through the first half when Tow Law's stopper went off injured and was replaced with an outfield substitute.

Hopefully a great season ahead for the DH3 boys.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:24 am 

I was at Nissan last night and did think CLS were the better side. Some of Chesters build up play was excellent but invariably the final ball let them down. Two good goals in the second half did for Washy who replied with their one shot on target in the second half a good finish by Robinson but due to a defensive lapse. Washington were very pedestrian, their full backs hardly got forward and they did seem to rely on the speedy young lad on the right and the long ball up to Kris Goss who ploughed a lone furrow up front and eventually succumbed to injury but he did put a shift in. Cannot comment on the manager or any antics of his as I was down near the goal at the clubhouse end however there was one Washington supporter that I was getting a bit worried about he seemed to get very involved and ranted and raved throughout the game, big energy but little substance :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:46 pm 

Very pleased with the start and also with last nights attendance. Quite a few made the trip from Tow Law to make it a good night all round. We certainly wont be getting carried away with 2 results . The lads have a special bond with each other which always helps. Matty Soulsby starting to settle in well along with Joe Barwick who bagged a hatrick last night. 5 changes to the 11 that started at Heaton on Saturday bodes well. All the new lads are fitting in well so happy days at the minute.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:07 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Very pleased with the start and also with last nights attendance. Quite a few made the trip from Tow Law to make it a good night all round. We certainly wont be getting carried away with 2 results . The lads have a special bond with each other which always helps. Matty Soulsby starting to settle in well along with Joe Barwick who bagged a hatrick last night. 5 changes to the 11 that started at Heaton on Saturday bodes well. All the new lads are fitting in well so happy days at the minute.

Mike Amos mentioned your club in his blog today.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:47 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:

Mike Amos mentioned your club in his blog today.

Yes seen it Windy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:16 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
I was at Nissan last night and did think CLS were the better side. Some of Chesters build up play was excellent but invariably the final ball let them down. Two good goals in the second half did for Washy who replied with their one shot on target in the second half a good finish by Robinson but due to a defensive lapse. Washington were very pedestrian, their full backs hardly got forward and they did seem to rely on the speedy young lad on the right and the long ball up to Kris Goss who ploughed a lone furrow up front and eventually succumbed to injury but he did put a shift in. Cannot comment on the manager or any antics of his as I was down near the goal at the clubhouse end however there was one Washington supporter that I was getting a bit worried about he seemed to get very involved and ranted and raved throughout the game, big energy but little substance :lol:

I don't think anybody would argue CLS were the better side and deserved the points on the night but I would temper the judgment about with the fact that Washington are still without 8 first team players including Craig Hennis who runs the centre-midfield and Callum Smith who is good for 15 goals from left midfield.

Its very early days as it is for many teams including my own Durham City who have started well as have Birtley which is good for the League as a whole.

Lets see where everybody is at Christmas but I still expect Washington to be in the mix for promotion not least because they have a large and strong squad.

Finally - Anybody who said Oliver Hotchkiss was unprofessional is most incorrect and I am certain that anybody from CLS would also quash such incorrect comments in any case, its good to exchange views on here with a healthy exchange of opinions but please let's keep it factual and not comment based upon somebody's mate passing on untrue things or urban myths.

Anyway - a good start to the season for CLS though as well as few other teams including my own Durham City which makes it interesting for the League.

Enjoy footy :-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 pm 

DRKEFC wrote:
Cestrian wrote:

I don't think anybody would argue CLS were the better side and deserved the points on the night but I would temper the judgment about with the fact that Washington are still without 8 first team players including Craig Hennis who runs the centre-midfield and Callum Smith who is good for 15 goals from left midfield.

Its very early days as it is for many teams including my own Durham City who have started well as have Birtley which is good for the League as a whole.

Finally - Anybody who said Oliver Hotchkiss was unprofessional is most incorrect and I am certain that anybody from CLS would also quash such incorrect comments in any case, its good to exchange views on here with a healthy exchange of opinions but please let's keep it factual and not comment based upon somebody's mate passing on untrue things or urban myths.

Anyway - a good start to the season for CLS though as well as few other teams including my own Durham City which makes it interesting for the League.

Enjoy footy :-)[/quote

As the urban myth in question was neutral. an ex pro who has no reason to create fairy tales whom witnessed the aforementioned gentleman having to be held back by his counterparts, screaming at Chester players, arguing with committee and opposition bench members, I would suggest there is no doubt it was the case.

Unless of course you think this type of behaviour "isn't" un-professional :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:19 pm 

And by the way, I read it as handbags, you see the same week in week out throughout the league.