It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:55 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Redcar Athletic New Stand
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:48 pm 

For visiting supporters please be advised that currently 40 out of the 50 seats in our new stand have been purchased via Season Tickets and with 4 being reserved for Match sponsors, we can only confirm 6 available seats for use for those who pay on the day. It is possible that those remaining 6 seats will be sold when more of our fans see the stand in situ.
To see a photo of the new stand please click on http://www.redcarathletic.co.uk/news

Post subject: Re: Redcar Athletic New Stand
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:23 pm 

the little fella wrote:
For visiting supporters please be advised that currently 40 out of the 50 seats in our new stand have been purchased via Season Tickets and with 4 being reserved for Match sponsors, we can only confirm 6 available seats for use for those who pay on the day. It is possible that those remaining 6 seats will be sold when more of our fans see the stand in situ.
To see a photo of the new stand please click on http://www.redcarathletic.co.uk/news

Whilst it’s a good fund raiser I wouod have thought some consideration would be given to visitors, and make some seating available for them , especially if they are not great on their feet . One of our supporters who goes to every game is in his 80s

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:34 pm 

Is this even allowed? What’s the point in having criteria when people can’t use it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:23 am 

england wrote:
Is this even allowed? What’s the point in having criteria when people can’t use it?

Knowing the lads at Redcar all of this will have been pre-checked, rules wise, be xery surprised if it hasnt...
I heard there were plans also to hire cushions out to those whom cant get in the stand :-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:20 am 

Still Learning. wrote:
england wrote:

Knowing the lads at Redcar all of this will have been pre-checked, rules wise, be xery surprised if it hasnt...
I heard there were plans also to hire cushions out to those whom cant get in the stand :-)
[/quote]

Fair enough, just seems harsh on away supporters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:36 am 

So looking at the nice picture of said stand that leaves 12 seats unaccounted for then.
At least when my club turns up we can all get a seat.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:46 am 

england wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:
england wrote:
Is this even allowed? What’s tthe point in having criteria when people can’t use it?[/quot

Fair enough, just seems harsh on away supporters

The only requirement we've seen in the rules is you have to charge the same admission fee to the ground for away fans as you do for home fans. We do that. Also how many seats would you have expected us to put aside for away fans? Bear in mind each club get 10 free passes for their officials so if we put 10 seats aside for " away fans" and none of them pay for admission then that's a £700 hit we've taken over the season not including Cup games. That £700 would cover match official fees for 7 games. We simply cannot afford to take such a hit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:51 am 

Still Learning. wrote:
england wrote:

True and a very plump cushion at that as well and there's no discount for a restricted view either. :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:51 am 

I have never been to a 2nd Div game ever (being going for 29 years) where all the seats are taken. So reserving them for someone who pays (insert figure) and not leaving a few for away supporters seems unreasonable. There is nothing in the rule book, apart from a Club has to have 50 seats at step 6. so there is nothing technically wrong with your scheme.

The point about losing £700 doesn't make sense . Redcar get the same amount of committee passes as everyone else. Its not a "loss" , its a privilege for hard unpaid committee workers across the league, nearly all of which will spend additional amounts on food, drink, raffles etc.

Last edited by Wack on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:06 am 

didnt know Meccano done stands...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:18 am 

Well your doing a good job with getting away fans travelling to your ground,
for me and my partially disabled parents in their 70s certainly wont be coming now.
Looks like money is more important to this club which could back fire if your not
catering for the supporters.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:42 am 

Wack wrote:
I have never been to a 2nd Div game ever (being going for 29 years) where all the seats are taken. So reserving them for someone who pays (insert figure) and not leaving a few for away supporters seems unreasonable. There is nothing in the rule book, apart from a Club has to have 50 seats at step 6. so there is nothing technically wrong with your scheme.

The point about losing £700 doesn't make sense . Redcar get the same amount of committee passes as everyone else. Its not a "loss" , its a privilege for hard unpaid committee workers across the league, nearly all of which will spend additional amounts on food, drink, raffles etc.

There's no issue with free passes as we had them in the Wearside League but should you also expect a free seat as well? It's our 1st season in the Northern League and the support that has built up over the years has snowballed so much that the fans wanted Season Tickets to be sold for the stand. I have been stunned that we have sold 40. The £700 does make sense to me as they are the week in week out supporters every club would like even your own at Northallerton Town as they are also likely to sponsor a player as well for example and will feel more attachment to the club. I'm afraid by the time you visit to watch your team at our
ground it most likely will be the 1st time ever you've been to a 2nd Div game where all the seats are taken. Sorry

Last edited by the little fella on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:15 am 

Nextgoalwins73 wrote:
for me and my partially disabled parents in their 70s certainly wont be coming now.
Looks like money is more important to this club which could back fire if your not

As I have said this is our 1st season in the Northern League plus it's brand new stand and our fans have gone crazy for it. I believed we would only sell 10 or so season tickets so to sell 40 has stunned me. We lost a number of sponsors and advertising sales over the summer so although we have gained some new ones, to have the income guaranteed by those Season Ticket sales is most welcome as costs in running a team will increase for us this season. We are simply not in a position to turn away any of our fans who wish to purchase a seat season ticket. I can only apologise to those away fans who feel let down by not being able to be watch from a seat in our ground, but if we don't look after our own fans they will stop coming and then we will simply not survive as a club. I know it's not the answer you probably would want but I believe your and everyone else's club would do the same. I am not stupid enough to believe we will be in the same position at this time next year as the novelty of a new stand and a new league may have worn off.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:22 am 

quote="england"]
Still Learning. wrote:
england wrote:
Is this even allowed? What’s tthe point in having criteria when people can’t use it?[/quot

Fair enough, just seems harsh on away supporters[/quote]
The only requirement we've seen in the rules is you have to charge the same admission fee to the ground for away fans as you do for home fans. We do that. Also how many seats would you have expected us to put aside for away fans? Bear in mind each club get 10 free passes for their officials so if we put 10 seats aside for " away fans" and none of them pay for admission then that's a £700 hit we've taken over the season not including Cup games. That £700 would cover match official fees for 7 games. We simply cannot afford to take such a hit.[/quote]

That’s a whole separate issue, as your club also get 10 passes for every game so are making that saving elsewhere, it’s a reciprocal agreement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:24 am 

the little fella wrote:
Nextgoalwins73 wrote:

As I have said this is our 1st season in the Northern League plus it's brand new stand and our fans have gone crazy for it. I believed we would only sell 10 or so season tickets so to sell 40 has stunned me. We lost a number of sponsors and advertising sales over the summer so although we have gained some new ones, to have the income guaranteed by those Season Ticket sales is most welcome as costs in running a team will increase for us this season. We are simply not in a position to turn away any of our fans who wish to purchase a seat season ticket. I can only apologise to those away fans who feel let down by not being able to be watch from a seat in our ground, but if we don't look after our own fans they will stop coming and then we will simply not survive as a club. I know it's not the answer you probably would want but I believe your and everyone else's club would do the same. I am not stupid enough to believe we will be in the same position at this time next year as the novelty of a new stand and a new league may have worn off.

You’d need a 200 spectator stand, of which 100 must be seated. If you were ever promoted & required an F grading.
http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-n ... ashx?la=en