It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:14 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Willington v Spennymoor 7-30 tonight
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1
But you ain't spenny any more.your evenwood with a name change!as for not being bankrolled,give your head a massive shame you must be deluded.it means someone puts a fortune in and club lives beyond means.so how we are bankrolled and your not is beyond me.if ever your after a new job there's opportunities at our factory.you'd fit well in with the other deluded retards


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Willington v Spennymoor 7-30 tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 29
Gregos Tratorelli wrote:
england wrote:
Gregos Tratorelli wrote:
Im sure you wouldnt be complaining Wack if an astute businessman came in to improve northallerton as a club and brought success.

We've cut our cloth accordingly and won everything at step 5 level before now being at step 2 which like i say its a massive bitter pill to swollow for people like yourself who will always languish at step 6 but im glad ive never been bitter about clubs successes who have had the chance to build and go up the pyramid because ultimately brads worked hard all his life to build a successful business and youd be lying if it was your club in the conference north that had steadily built up over the years. What would you do? Not watch Northallerton because someone invested in their future? I think not.


I think the issue is that no way have you cut your cloth, yes you may well be doing that now, you may well have done it very steadily with a great hard working chairman in brad and have a great following.

But if there was a little more acceptance to the fact it was his money that allowed it until to happen, then you would probably have more sympathy


No sympathy required! We've gone on to big and better things as has Marske and Morpeth now.

Knives will be always out for us because thats what comes with success, envy from other clubs!

Having decent finance dies not guarantee success, look at bishop, poor finishes in the league and very nearly relegated despite the revenue off darlington for years and 300,000 grand investment off a fan! Youve got to.have a good manager, players, commitee and positivity from the fans to drive on. At bishop they live in the past far too much, theyve done nothing for 20 years bar an fa cup tie at stockport but even that was a 4th qualifying round. Theres plenty of their fans who reguarly come and watch spenny now because the level of football we play at will attract people who are starved of success.

I hope teams like Shildon, Consett and maybe Whitley Bay can make it up to the evo stik league and showcase north east football like spenny, blyth and shields are doing.



I don’t disagree that money doesn’t bring success but it certainly goes a long way to contributing. There is no envy, jealousy, call it what you like, from me at all. Brad seems like a great bloke and has done great things for the club and hopefully many other clubs can follow that path.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Willington v Spennymoor 7-30 tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:27 am
Posts: 3
For years and I’m sure for years to come there will be very rich people putting money into Football, Yes we will always have a tinge of jealously when a club down the road or the same league suddenly finds a sugar daddy, And our natural response would be “Why Not Us”, However it’s how that money is spent, we’ve just seen Shaw Lane go as there benefactor pulled the plug as they were losing money and he couldn’t sustain that kind of outgoings, Thankfully Gateshead were saved at the eleventh hour, As we all know they were losing money every week.
I’ll take my club for example, Without Jeff Thompson we would “NOT” be we’re we are today, YES Jeff pumped thousands into the club to kick start everything, But Jeff made it very clear from the start, Everything at to be built around a business plan, Jeff brought in the right people on and off the field, South Shields is pretty much self sufficient with average gates of 1500, Yes people will throw in Sunderland are poor hence why our gates are up, But in all reality people enjoy the Wonderful Match day experience, it’s one thing having a rich benefactor but it’s how that benefactor uses that money, Both South Shields & Spennymoor are great examples on how clubs should be run by These types of people Not your Shaw Lanes of this world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Willington v Spennymoor 7-30 tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 29
Lovenonleague wrote:
For years and I’m sure for years to come there will be very rich people putting money into Football, Yes we will always have a tinge of jealously when a club down the road or the same league suddenly finds a sugar daddy, And our natural response would be “Why Not Us”, However it’s how that money is spent, we’ve just seen Shaw Lane go as there benefactor pulled the plug as they were losing money and he couldn’t sustain that kind of outgoings, Thankfully Gateshead were saved at the eleventh hour, As we all know they were losing money every week.
I’ll take my club for example, Without Jeff Thompson we would “NOT” be we’re we are today, YES Jeff pumped thousands into the club to kick start everything, But Jeff made it very clear from the start, Everything at to be built around a business plan, Jeff brought in the right people on and off the field, South Shields is pretty much self sufficient with average gates of 1500, Yes people will throw in Sunderland are poor hence why our gates are up, But in all reality people enjoy the Wonderful Match day experience, it’s one thing having a rich benefactor but it’s how that benefactor uses that money, Both South Shields & Spennymoor are great examples on how clubs should be run by These types of people Not your Shaw Lanes of this world.


Totally agree and very well put, it’s great to hear you say how it started, but it’s also great to see you doing it the right way. Geoff (like brad) are good businessman and using their money wisely to make things a success. Both clubs are enjoying increased attendances so it just shows that the local communities are enjoying it as well. It’s starting to get harder for you both, but fingers crossed there will be more days to celebrate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Willington v Spennymoor 7-30 tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:10 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Wembley of the North - Brewery Field Spennymoor
mut2011 wrote:
But you ain't spenny any more.your evenwood with a name change!as for not being bankrolled,give your head a massive shame you must be deluded.it means someone puts a fortune in and club lives beyond means.so how we are bankrolled and your not is beyond me.if ever your after a new job there's opportunities at our factory.you'd fit well in with the other deluded retards


Yes we are Spennymoor. We play at Spennymoor and we're called Spennymoor.

The only fans that are deluded are yours, a couple of you in particular live in prehistoric times. The glory of yesteryear isn't a reality anymore, since you got relegated from the evostik and left Kingsway it's all gone Pete tong. For you lot the evostik league is the holy trail but your light years off being in it, I mean you only had to read some posts after you beat Whitby in a friendly to see how comical the club is, Darlington beat Sunderland in pre season but would they survive in league 1? Not a chance.

It must absolutely kill you lot seeing us go to places like York, Chester, Hereford and Kidderminster every week but good luck for next season anyway.

_________________
Spennymoor Town FC - Vanarama Conference North 2018/2019[b]

FA TROPHY QUARTER FINALISTS 2017/2018

EVO STIK PREMIER DIVISION PLAYOFF WINNERS 2016/2017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Willington v Spennymoor 7-30 tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 802
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
Gregos Tratorelli wrote:
Im sure you wouldnt be complaining Wack if an astute businessman came in to improve northallerton as a club and brought success.

We've cut our cloth accordingly and won everything at step 5 level before now being at step 2 which like i say its a massive bitter pill to swollow for people like yourself who will always languish at step 6 but im glad ive never been bitter about clubs successes who have had the chance to build and go up the pyramid because ultimately brads worked hard all his life to build a successful business and youd be lying if it was your club in the conference north that had steadily built up over the years. What would you do? Not watch Northallerton because someone invested in their future? I think not.


Every club would love an investor , but it’s idiotic to quote you’ve cut your cloth according, that a phrase used when clubs don’t have money. If you’ve followed my posts for the last 15 years I’ve constantly wanted clubs to progress , ironically there were many Spennymoor fans who didn’t , hence winning the Northern League and not taking promotion several times . The reality is Spennymoor would not be in the position they are now if a large amount of funding hadn’t been made available. I will say that Spennymoor look a well run club and have seemed to have built infrastructure which is also good .

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Willington v Spennymoor 7-30 tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:31 pm 
Online

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
Wack wrote:
Gregos Tratorelli wrote:
Im sure you wouldnt be complaining Wack if an astute businessman came in to improve northallerton as a club and brought success.

We've cut our cloth accordingly and won everything at step 5 level before now being at step 2 which like i say its a massive bitter pill to swollow for people like yourself who will always languish at step 6 but im glad ive never been bitter about clubs successes who have had the chance to build and go up the pyramid because ultimately brads worked hard all his life to build a successful business and youd be lying if it was your club in the conference north that had steadily built up over the years. What would you do? Not watch Northallerton because someone invested in their future? I think not.


Every club would love an investor , but it’s idiotic to quote you’ve cut your cloth according, that a phrase used when clubs don’t have money. If you’ve followed my posts for the last 15 years I’ve constantly wanted clubs to progress , ironically there were many Spennymoor fans who didn’t , hence winning the Northern League and not taking promotion several times . The reality is Spennymoor would not be in the position they are now if a large amount of funding hadn’t been made available. I will say that Spennymoor look a well run club and have seemed to have built infrastructure which is also good .

With the FA’s next restructure due for season 2020/21. The idea that clubs in the northeast will either be happy playing in the NL1 & having runs in the Vase. Or as the Spennymoor fan mentioned ‘languishing at step 6’. Will be over & the whole football scene in the northeast will change! Only time will tell us if it’s for the better. The number of promotion/relegation places has reduced. Hopefully there’ll be a lot of promotions on offer at the end of season 2019/20. So Northallerton should be one of those clubs playing in the NL1 by then!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Willington v Spennymoor 7-30 tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1
Gregos Tratorelli wrote:
mut2011 wrote:
But you ain't spenny any more.your evenwood with a name change!as for not being bankrolled,give your head a massive shame you must be deluded.it means someone puts a fortune in and club lives beyond means.so how we are bankrolled and your not is beyond me.if ever your after a new job there's opportunities at our factory.you'd fit well in with the other deluded retards


Yes we are Spennymoor. We play at Spennymoor and we're called Spennymoor.

The only fans that are deluded are yours, a couple of you in particular live in prehistoric times. The glory of yesteryear isn't a reality anymore, since you got relegated from the evostik and left Kingsway it's all gone Pete tong. For you lot the evostik league is the holy trail but your light years off being in it, I mean you only had to read some posts after you beat Whitby in a friendly to see how comical the club is, Darlington beat Sunderland in pre season but would they survive in league 1? Not a chance.

It must absolutely kill you lot seeing us go to places like York, Chester, Hereford and Kidderminster every week but good luck for next season anyway.


Look steve,you are bankrolled to hilt.yes I'd love to be in same positions as you lot but we just aint....... Yet............stop ramming it down our throats and enjoy it while it lasts instead of obsessing about us.who knows,in 10 years time we could be where you s are and you s may not even have a club.it has happened in recent years remember


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Willington v Spennymoor 7-30 tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:11 pm
Posts: 0
Gregos Tratorelli wrote:
Im sure you wouldnt be complaining Wack if an astute businessman came in to improve northallerton as a club and brought success.

We've cut our cloth accordingly


I got no further than that :lol:

Yes Spenny have done brilliantly to progress as they have and their crowds are very good (thanks to Darlo, York, Stockport bringing thousands) but Brad has self admittedly put in over £1 million into the running of the club during his time there and that figure was quoted before the ground improvement fairies came along recently and installed 500 seats along with all of the other essential ground works.

Oh no, that was Brad again really. That'll be another 6 figure sum invested.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Willington v Spennymoor 7-30 tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:11 pm
Posts: 0
Wack wrote:
Gregos Tratorelli wrote:
Im sure you wouldnt be complaining Wack if an astute businessman came in to improve northallerton as a club and brought success.

We've cut our cloth accordingly and won everything at step 5 level before now being at step 2 which like i say its a massive bitter pill to swollow for people like yourself who will always languish at step 6 but im glad ive never been bitter about clubs successes who have had the chance to build and go up the pyramid because ultimately brads worked hard all his life to build a successful business and youd be lying if it was your club in the conference north that had steadily built up over the years. What would you do? Not watch Northallerton because someone invested in their future? I think not.


Every club would love an investor , but it’s idiotic to quote you’ve cut your cloth according, that a phrase used when clubs don’t have money. If you’ve followed my posts for the last 15 years I’ve constantly wanted clubs to progress , ironically there were many Spennymoor fans who didn’t , hence winning the Northern League and not taking promotion several times . The reality is Spennymoor would not be in the position they are now if a large amount of funding hadn’t been made available. I will say that Spennymoor look a well run club and have seemed to have built infrastructure which is also good .


It's easy to be "well ran" when somebody is underpinning all of the finance that it is needed to be "well ran".

I remember Hartlepool fans claiming the same, that they were "well ran", but on a bigger scale, when their owners were IOR and they had a great set up and great success for a decade. At the same time Darlo struggled from crisis to crisis. IOR had put £15 million into the club during their tenure.

Lucky they didn't ask for any of it back when they packed it in.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Willington v Spennymoor 7-30 tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:10 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Wembley of the North - Brewery Field Spennymoor
Bishop are also bankrolled because your not a fan owned club!

Some of the players you have arent on peanuts!

Not ramming anything down anyones throats, you lot are always on our twitter with petty childish evenwood tripe, nobody cares what happened to them it was a site for vandalism and they were going under so at least we took advantage of that! We'll be here and probably an established conference premier club in 10 years time because the infrastructure is professional on and off the field.

Also as pkd said, Brad may of put in a million over the last 10 years but we average nearly a thousand a week and this season it will be over 1,000 as we wont be playing at harrogate. The revenue thats coming in now with several coporate nights per season plus the excellent sponsors we have means hes recouping alot of his investment anyway! If he wasnt making any money he'd step down simple as that, i know darlo fans are bitter because they want praise for being fan owned but Brad Groves aint no Reynolds or Singh believe me its frightening the detail he goes into.

_________________
Spennymoor Town FC - Vanarama Conference North 2018/2019[b]

FA TROPHY QUARTER FINALISTS 2017/2018

EVO STIK PREMIER DIVISION PLAYOFF WINNERS 2016/2017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Willington v Spennymoor 7-30 tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:11 pm
Posts: 0
Stevie, he was appealing for investors so that the club is less reliant on him going forwards - as far as I'm aware no further investors have came forwards since then?

As for your sponsors (how many are Brads companies? I don't know, genuine question) yes they certainly help with the turnover but regarding what Brad says he has put in, I doubt a few corporate events being put on have came anywhere near paying him his investment back. You'd be deluded to think they have.

The good thing for Spenny though is that Brad doesn't seem to be looking for a financial return on the investment that he has already made, he just wants the club to do well and grow.

PS It's a bold statement to say you'll average over 1,000 next season, personally my hunch is that the team will do about the same as this season, and crowds will be fractionally lower. time will tell who is right.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group