It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Willington v Spennymoor 7-30 tonight
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:35 pm 

Taken from willington twitter
This Tuesday the mighty @SpennymoorTown from the National League North visit Hall Lane for a pre-season fixture. 7.30pm Kick Off.

Admission: Adults £5, Concessions £3, Under 16's £2.

Mascots: Willington Youth Under 14's

I would expect a strong team from Spennymoor tonight, similar to the team that won 11-1 Billingham last Tuesday.
Game of the night.

Post subject: Re: Willington v Spennymoor 7-30 tonight
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:49 pm 

Anyone thinking of going to the game tonight, new signing Adam Boyes could play tonight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smHfToTLfcM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:46 pm 

Game of the evening is clearly Brandon Utd v Bishop Auckland.

Bishops looked much stronger than previous friendlies when they beat Evo Stik Prem Whitby Town 2-1 at HP on Saturday. Would hope a similar line up tonight to get the team gelling nicely. Only 2 friendlies remain for Bishops after tonight....On Sat away to Willington and then at Crook Town next midweek.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:11 pm 

300 Spenny fans at Willington tonight just for a friendly!

Good to bump into my old mate Richie, decent setup at Willington and they deserve 1st division football.

Are Bishop going to get a team capable of a promotion spot with marske and morpeth out the way or is midtable obscrurity at step 5 again?

FA TROPHY QUARTER FINALISTS 2017/2018

EVO STIK PREMIER DIVISION PLAYOFF WINNERS 2016/2017

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:09 pm 

Gregos Tratorelli wrote:

Good to bump into my old mate Richie, decent setup at Willington and they deserve 1st division football.

Are Bishop going to get a team capable of a promotion spot with marske and morpeth out the way or is midtable obscrurity at step 5 again?

Wow, only 20 Willington fans then....? Town were clearly not much of a pull for the locals - guess they must be saving themselves for when the famous Bishops turn out on Saturday.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:28 pm 

Mike M wrote:
Gregos Tratorelli wrote:

Wow, only 20 Willington fans then....? Town were clearly not much of a pull for the locals - guess they must be saving themselves for when the famous Bishops turn out on Saturday.

A rehearsal for 2019/20

Youre not famous anymore, that was about 60 years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:53 am 

Any your not spenny any more

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:12 am 

mut2011 wrote:

Spennymoor Town FC in the conference north must be a bitter pill to swollow for you lot, i can understand that because if we were badly run and stuck in the northern league forever id be very envious aswell of our local neighbours aswell.

The mistakes you made were appointing Myers for a 2nd time and getting players who were happy to take the money and not perform.

At Spenny we built a model of gradual progression to get where we are, Bishops finances were very good and with Darlos rent coming in for a few seasons you should of been top 3 with the budget and crowds you were getting and anybody with abit of sense knows the club has been badly run and underachieved.

I want Bishop to get up the pyramid but i hate all the snidey comments about bankrolled etc, bishop are bankrolled as yoyr not a fan owned club! Infact theres not many fan owned clubs at all but what we have is a great manager, chairman and structure at Spenny which clubs at your level should aspire to.

Good luck anyway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:30 am 

Gregos Tratorelli wrote:
mut2011 wrote:

Spennymoor Town FC in the conference north must be a bitter pill to swollow for you lot, i can understand that because if we were badly run and stuck in the northern league forever id be very envious aswell of our local neighbours aswell.

The mistakes you made were appointing Myers for a 2nd time and getting players who were happy to take the money and not perform.

At Spenny we built a model of gradual progression to get where we are, Bishops finances were very good and with Darlos rent coming in for a few seasons you should of been top 3 with the budget and crowds you were getting and anybody with abit of sense knows the club has been badly run and underachieved.

I want Bishop to get up the pyramid but i hate all the snidey comments about bankrolled etc, bishop are bankrolled as yoyr not a fan owned club! Infact theres not many fan owned clubs at all but what we have is a great manager, chairman and structure at Spenny which clubs at your level should aspire to.

Good luck anyway

Wrong forum mate.

For the groundhoppers and neutrals that are actually interested in Willington - How did they look? I was disappointed not to get over to see Willington and I'm busy on Saturday so won't get over then either. Great set up over there and always a warm welcome. I'd love to see them playing first division football.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:16 pm 

I dont think anyone had their rod out intentionally Gregos but thanks for jumping straight into our bucket anyhow 8) :D Good to see you still have a chip on your shoulder about the famous two blues.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:25 pm 

Gregos Tratorelli wrote:
mut2011 wrote:

Good luck anyway

Surely replace all that with "bloke with loads of money get involved" and that's more like it .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:38 pm 

Im sure you wouldnt be complaining Wack if an astute businessman came in to improve northallerton as a club and brought success.

We've cut our cloth accordingly and won everything at step 5 level before now being at step 2 which like i say its a massive bitter pill to swollow for people like yourself who will always languish at step 6 but im glad ive never been bitter about clubs successes who have had the chance to build and go up the pyramid because ultimately brads worked hard all his life to build a successful business and youd be lying if it was your club in the conference north that had steadily built up over the years. What would you do? Not watch Northallerton because someone invested in their future? I think not.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:00 pm 

Gregos Tratorelli wrote:
Im sure you wouldnt be complaining Wack if an astute businessman came in to improve northallerton as a club and brought success.

We've cut our cloth accordingly and won everything at step 5 level before now being at step 2 which like i say its a massive bitter pill to swollow for people like yourself who will always languish at step 6 but im glad ive never been bitter about clubs successes who have had the chance to build and go up the pyramid because ultimately brads worked hard all his life to build a successful business and youd be lying if it was your club in the conference north that had steadily built up over the years. What would you do? Not watch Northallerton because someone invested in their future? I think not.

Can i just add, Spennymoor's average attendance is now 900-- would of been about 935 if we hadn't played our last few games at Harrogate,,,thats £12 admission, say average £9 = £8100 per home game, then add catering bar and sponsors, FA Cup FA Trophy Prize money, dont think brad ADDS any extra,,,,WACK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:56 pm 

Gregos Tratorelli wrote:

I think the issue is that no way have you cut your cloth, yes you may well be doing that now, you may well have done it very steadily with a great hard working chairman in brad and have a great following.

But if there was a little more acceptance to the fact it was his money that allowed it until to happen, then you would probably have more sympathy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:32 pm 

england wrote:
Gregos Tratorelli wrote:

I think the issue is that no way have you cut your cloth, yes you may well be doing that now, you may well have done it very steadily with a great hard working chairman in brad and have a great following.

But if there was a little more acceptance to the fact it was his money that allowed it until to happen, then you would probably have more sympathy

No sympathy required! We've gone on to big and better things as has Marske and Morpeth now.

Knives will be always out for us because thats what comes with success, envy from other clubs!

Having decent finance dies not guarantee success, look at bishop, poor finishes in the league and very nearly relegated despite the revenue off darlington for years and 300,000 grand investment off a fan! Youve got to.have a good manager, players, commitee and positivity from the fans to drive on. At bishop they live in the past far too much, theyve done nothing for 20 years bar an fa cup tie at stockport but even that was a 4th qualifying round. Theres plenty of their fans who reguarly come and watch spenny now because the level of football we play at will attract people who are starved of success.

I hope teams like Shildon, Consett and maybe Whitley Bay can make it up to the evo stik league and showcase north east football like spenny, blyth and shields are doing.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next