It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Team North
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 am 

el Queso Grande wrote:
the little fella wrote:
Windy, do you think it is possible no teams will now be relegated from Northern League Division 1 at the end of this next season? I am asking this because with the Division 1 Champions being promoted that will mean there's 18 teams left before the Division 2 Champions then make it up to 19. If ppg prevents a Division 2 side qualifying for promotion, you can see why I'm asking the question. This coming season looks to be a mess. You almost literally don't know whether you'll be coming or going.
TLF, there is always the possibility of a club being relegated from Step 4 and placed in division 1, which would change the situation again.

Or a lateral transfer. But either of those then gets Division 1 back up to 20 clubs with no relegations if the 2nd placed team in Division 2 does not qualify through ppg basis. I said previously on another thread that I could see this restructuring would cause problems for the next few seasons to come and I believe that still to be the case.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:43 am 

It is going to be frustrating for clubs as it looks like we are going to be in the same situation this season, where nobody knows what implications a finishing position will have. In fairness to the FA it’s an extremely difficult job, as they just can’t pre empt things like team north and jarrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:54 am 

england wrote:
It is going to be frustrating for clubs as it looks like we are going to be in the same situation this season, where nobody knows what implications a finishing position will have. In fairness to the FA it’s an extremely difficult job, as they just can’t pre empt things like team north and jarrow.

Please stop confusing people. It's Jarrow Roofing not just "Jarrow", as Jarrow are a team in the 2nd Division of the Northern League and ot looks like you're lauding blame on them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:09 am 

the little fella wrote:
england wrote:

Please stop confusing people. It's Jarrow Roofing not just "Jarrow", as Jarrow are a team in the 2nd Division of the Northern League and ot looks like you're lauding blame on them.

I’m not lauding blame on anyone, it’s very difficult to run a team, lots of hard work go in to it, it’s the knock on effects that it causes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:42 am 

the little fella wrote:
el Queso Grande wrote:
the little fella wrote:
Windy, do you think it is possible no teams will now be relegated from Northern League Division 1 at the end of this next season? I am asking this because with the Division 1 Champions being promoted that will mean there's 18 teams left before the Division 2 Champions then make it up to 19. If ppg prevents a Division 2 side qualifying for promotion, you can see why I'm asking the question. This coming season looks to be a mess. You almost literally don't know whether you'll be coming or going.
TLF, there is always the possibility of a club being relegated from Step 4 and placed in division 1, which would change the situation again.

Or a lateral transfer. But either of those then gets Division 1 back up to 20 clubs with no relegations if the 2nd placed team in Division 2 does not qualify through ppg basis. I said previously on another thread that I could see this restructuring would cause problems for the next few seasons to come and I believe that still to be the case.

The rules are as follows:
All step 5 league champions promoted, they will replace the 14 teams finishing in the bottom 2 positions in the 7 step 4 leagues.
The bottom 2 placed teams at step 5, will be relegated & replaced by the 19 step 6 champions. Initially there was 28 relegation spots from step 5, because there are 3 leagues running with 19 clubs. There are now 31 spaces available for promotion from step 6. As it stands there will be 12 runners up promoted from step 6(I’m sure this’ll increase by the end of the season).
Only when all 19 runners up spots have been promoted, will the FA start reprieves & this’ll be on a ppg basis across step 5. The FA will laterally move clubs across step 5, to insure that each league has 20 clubs.
So if the NL1 champions are promoted & only the NL2 champions promoted(not the runners up). There will be 3 teams potentially laterally transferred into the NL from either the NWCL Prem or the NCEL Prem. If the runners up from the NL2 are promoted, then there’ll only be 2 teams laterally transferred. Personally I can’t see Morpeth or Marske in relegation positions. So start looking at teams like Knaresborough to be moved into the NL1 for next season.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:27 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
the little fella wrote:
el Queso Grande wrote:
[quote="the little fel
So if the NL1 champions are promoted & only the NL2 champions promoted(not the runners up). There will be 3 teams potentially laterally transferred into the NL from either the NWCL Prem or the NCEL Prem. If the runners up from the NL2 are promoted, then there’ll only be 2 teams laterally transferred. Personally I can’t see Morpeth or Marske in relegation positions. So start looking at teams like Knaresborough to be moved into the NL1 for next season.

so that's the F A mean by less traveling

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:53 pm 

so that's the F A mean by less traveling[/quote]
I’m not being funny, but the NL hasn’t exactly got the biggest footprint compared to other step 5 leagues. Knaresborough have previously been a member of the NL! So what’s the problem?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:05 pm 

clash wrote:
[quote="

The Northumbria Sport website is still actively promoting Team Northumbria football team. When team manager Colin Stromsoy quoted back in May below:-

Whilst we've not won a cup or not won the league, ultimately, we have met our targets. The biggest one was to retain our BUCS championship status and make sure we didn't get relegated up and down like Billingham. We’ve done all of that.
“We weren't involved in a relegation battle and we've seen players develop well and show real character and we've all learnt a lot.
“It's a case of coming back having learnt lessons this season and being on the front foot for next time around.”

They won the League Cup 2012 didn't they ?[/quote]

They also won division 2 that same year and made final of Ernest Armstrong cup and Northumberland senior cup final getting a 4-4 draw with NUFC. Their manager back then paul Johnson won northern league manager of the year for the team and his achievements so seems strange the current team manager and university director of sport Colin stromsoy didn’t know that?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:18 pm 

Article on the BBC about Team Northumbria's sports teams in general. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-44778994

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 pm 

Jaguars wrote:
Article on the BBC about Team Northumbria's sports teams in general. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-44778994

What planet is Tannii Grey-Thompson currently on ? Because that's obviously the one where the Norrthumbrian University students will be participating competitive sport on. It doesn't appear that any will be participating it on this planet.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:41 pm 

"The university confirmed that prospective students involved in elite sport are being told of the proposals and scholarships will be honoured".

Yeah well we'll see about that........

and being told via Twitter wasn't exactly the best way to tell them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:45 am 

match_day wrote:
clash wrote:
[quote="

The Northumbria Sport website is still actively promoting Team Northumbria football team. When team manager Colin Stromsoy quoted back in May below:-

Whilst we've not won a cup or not won the league, ultimately, we have met our targets. The biggest one was to retain our BUCS championship status and make sure we didn't get relegated up and down like Billingham. We’ve done all of that.
“We weren't involved in a relegation battle and we've seen players develop well and show real character and we've all learnt a lot.
“It's a case of coming back having learnt lessons this season and being on the front foot for next time around.”

They won the League Cup 2012 didn't they ?

They also won division 2 that same year and made final of Ernest Armstrong cup and Northumberland senior cup final getting a 4-4 draw with NUFC. Their manager back then paul Johnson won northern league manager of the year for the team and his achievements so seems strange the current team manager and university director of sport Colin stromsoy didn’t know that?[/quote]

They were talking about last season.

'Say, hey Johnny boy, the battle call
United we stand, divided we fall
Together we are what we can't be alone
We came to this country, you made it our home.'

Dropkick Murphys - 'Boys on the Dock'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:37 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
so that's the F A mean by less traveling

I’m not being funny, but the NL hasn’t exactly got the biggest footprint compared to other step 5 leagues. Knaresborough have previously been a member of the NL! So what’s the problem?[/quote] what year were knaresborough in NL.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:07 am 

local lad wrote:
what year were knaresborough in NL.
From the Football Club History Database http://www.fchd.info/KNARESBO.HTM

KNARESBOROUGH
1909-10 Joined Northern League from York & District League after three
successive Championships, the third of which was with a 100% record
(Ref. Northern Goalfields, p.79)
1910-11 Also became founder members of Yorkshire Combination
1911 Left Northern League

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:49 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
local lad wrote:
I’m not being funny, but the NL hasn’t exactly got the biggest footprint compared to other step 5 leagues.

It's as big as any other, apart from perhaps the South West which also has to contend with the poorest road network:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_ ... ngland.svg

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next