It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:30 am 

Mike M wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
With the league's starting to take shape & only 34 matches in Div1 & 38 in Div2. What are forum members revised predictition?
Mine are as follows:
Promoted Div1: Hebburn Town
Relegated Div1: Whickham & Penrith Town(if 2 are relegated)
Promoted Div2: Billingham Town
Runners up Div2: Chester-le-Street Town
Relegated Div2: Brandon Utd & Washington

Mine are:

Promoted Div1: Guisborough Town
Relegated Div1: Ashington & North Shields (if 2 are relegated)
Promoted Div2: Crook Town
Runners up Div2: Jarrow
Relegated Div2: Northallerton Town

I'm looking forward to a season in the Wearside League :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:39 am 

Wack wrote:
Mike M wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
With the league's starting to take shape & only 34 matches in Div1 & 38 in Div2. What are forum members revised predictition?
Mine are as follows:

Mine are:

I'm looking forward to a season in the Wearside League :roll: :roll:

Shouldn't that be the North Riding League :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:03 am 

Mike M wrote:
Mine are:

Nice try Mike :roll:

'Say, hey Johnny boy, the battle call
United we stand, divided we fall
Together we are what we can't be alone
We came to this country, you made it our home.'

Dropkick Murphys - 'Boys on the Dock'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:54 pm 

Going off the teams we have played now i think Teesside clubs , Billingham Town ,Redcar, and Thornaby along with Chester le Street and Easington will be right up there. Easington are probably the best footballing side closely followed by Billingham Town. The bottom is anyone's guess , it only takes a couple of wins and teams are out the mire. . Have to say tho as has been seen already , every team is capable of beating eachother . Certainly no room for complacency.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:21 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
Mine are as follows:

I’d like to see the teams with the infrastructure & fan base to be promoted. I think Consett have both these attributes & it’d nice to see them keep their form going.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:42 am 

I’d like to see the teams with the infrastructure & fan base to be promoted. I think Consett have both these attributes & it’d nice to see them keep their form going.[/quote]
Agreed, they have made a very good start to the season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:34 pm 

Just a quick update that could cause a major issue next season.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dr ... dbox/Step6
If you look at the promotion situation for step 6, the NL2 runners up are 2nd bottom in the 19 step 6 league’s & unless things improve the runners up won’t be promoted.
The situation as it stands would be no clubs relegated from step 4, the NL1 champions promoted, either the bottom placed or bottom 2 NL1 clubs relegated(FALC discretion)& only the NL2 champions promoted. This would leave the NL1 with either 16 or 17 clubs & the FALC would need to laterally transfer 3 or 4 clubs from neighbouring leagues! Currently Carlisle City are in frame for promotion & would almost certainly be moved. But elsewhere it’s looking a bit grim, Knaresborough are top of the NCEL Prem on a PPG basis & Harrogate RA are bottom. So the next nearest clubs are from around Leeds(see Map) https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 937827&z=8
I know it is early days & a lot of things can change. The only thing that can’t change, are the FA’s standardised rules on promotion & relegation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:41 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
If you look at the promotion situation for step 6, the NL2 runners up are 2nd bottom in the 19 step 6 league’s & unless things improve the runners up won’t be promoted.
The situation as it stands would be no clubs relegated from step 4, the NL1 champions promoted, either the bottom placed or bottom 2 NL1 clubs relegated(FALC discretion)& only the NL2 champions promoted. This would leave the NL1 with either 16 or 17 clubs & the FALC would need to laterally transfer 3 or 4 clubs from neighbouring leagues! Currently Carlisle City are in frame for promotion & almost certainly be moved. But elsewhere it’s looking a bit grim, Knaresborough are top of the NCEL Prem on a PPG basis & Harrogate RA are bottom. So the next nearest clubs are from around Leeds(see Map) https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 937827&z=8
I know it is early days & a lot of things can change. The only thing that can’t change, are the FA’s standardised rules on promotion & relegation.

Thanks for this Windy. Will it always be one up from step 6 or is this just some weird exercise not to be repeated. I am reasonable with maths and see no difference between promoting 1 or 3 from step 6 as long as the relegation is mirrored ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:13 pm 

Wack wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
The situation as it stands would be no clubs relegated from step 4, the NL1 champions promoted, either the bottom placed or bottom 2 NL1 clubs relegated(FALC discretion)& only the NL2 champions promoted. This would leave the NL1 with either 16 or 17 clubs & the FALC would need to laterally transfer 3 or 4 clubs from neighbouring leagues! Currently Carlisle City are in frame for promotion & almost certainly be moved. But elsewhere it’s looking a bit grim, Knaresborough are top of the NCEL Prem on a PPG basis & Harrogate RA are bottom. So the next nearest clubs are from around Leeds(see Map) https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 937827&z=8

Thanks for this Windy. Will it always be one up from step 6 or is this just some weird exercise not to be repeated. I am reasonable with maths and see no difference between promoting 1 or 3 from step 6 as long as the relegation is mirrored ?

Because the FA reduced step 4, 5 & 6 to a maximum of 20 clubs. They decided that they’d mirror what they’ve done at step 4 & reduce the relegation places at step 5 down to 2 places. They also equalised the rules across step 5 & 6. So instead of the Hellenic Prem relegating the bottom 4 & the East Midlands Counties League promoting the Champions only. Each league finishing position has equal status. So, the FA were left with 28 clubs being relegated from step 5 & 19 step 6 leagues. So only 19 champions can definitely be promoted & then the 9 best runners up on a PPG basis. But this might change(FALC discretion) on what they decide to do with the relegation issues for 2 step 5 league’s running short of clubs(Hellenic & Northern league’s). Will it stay the same? No, because the FA’s next restructuring will happen at the end of season 2019/20. If they go for 16 step 5 & 16 step 6 league’s. I expect them to go for 2 up 2 down. I also can see them introducing promotion playoffs at step 6. I’ve heard that extra promotions will be offered to step 5, but only 1/2 a promotion place! So we’ll have the 16 runners up playing off for 8 playoff final spot against the 3rd bottom step 4 sides. But all this is a season or 2 away!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:31 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Wack wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Because the FA reduced step 4, 5 & 6 to a maximum of 20 clubs. They decided that they’d mirror what they’ve done at step 4 & reduce the relegation places at step 5 down to 2 places. They also equalised the rules across step 5 & 6. So instead of the Hellenic Prem relegating the bottom 4 & the East Midlands Counties League promoting the Champions only. Each step 6 league finishing position has equal status. So, the FA were left with 28 clubs being relegated from step 5 & 19 step 6 leagues. So only 19 champions can definitely be promoted & then the 9 best runners up on a PPG basis. But this might change(FALC discretion) on what they decide to do with the relegation issues for 2 step 5 league’s running short of clubs(Hellenic & Northern league’s). Will it stay the same? No, because the FA’s next restructuring will happen at the end of season 2019/20. If they go for 16 step 5 & 16 step 6 league’s. I expect them to go for 2 up 2 down. I also can see them introducing promotion playoffs at step 6. I’ve heard that extra promotions will be offered to step 5, but only 1/2 a promotion place! So we’ll have the 16 runners up playing off for 8 playoff final spot against the 3rd bottom step 4 sides. But all this is a season or 2 away!