It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:26 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Wages and Budgets
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:11 pm 

Just in general interest what is the average wage costs and budgets for NL Division 1 & 2 clubs for the 18/19 season? I imagine some clubs have players on £200 a week and some big businessman behind them! Reading through some previous posts some clubs are very sensitive about the entire players and coaches wages!.

Post subject: Re: Wages and Budgets
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:52 pm 

I’m afraid you’re not going to get much sense when it comes to this subject. There’s many a folk denial when it comes to the budgets their clubs are operating with and in some cases people genuinely don’t realise the sums being spent on players. All in all, the amounts are unsustainable (in most cases) and way above the amounts being spent at the same level across the country.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:18 pm 

I'm even aware of a goal keeping coach who gets expenses paid to him.

I mean, only one player to coach, not even a 'proper' footballer and they get to cheat by using their hands!!! :wink:

Welcome to the forum, I know I've been silly in the above reply, but it isn't as silly as some of the comments on money (because I don't actually mean it). FemaleFan has made a great point- there are so many claims and counter claims that somebody must be in denial.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:04 pm 

Heard of players getting £350-400pw with big signing on fees, heard of players getting £200-300 at more than a couple, heard of 4-6 clubs paying £150-200, most div1 are £60-120 I’d guess, £1500-2000 a week budget would be about that. Div2 a lot don’t get paid, some pay £15-80ish depending on the club, last few seasons there has been big spenders in division2.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:07 am 

gkcoach91 wrote:
Just in general interest what is the average wage costs and budgets for NL Division 1 & 2 clubs for the 18/19 season? I imagine some clubs have players on £200 a week and some big businessman behind them! Reading through some previous posts some clubs are very sensitive about the entire players and coaches wages!.

So they should be....its fiddling.

one of the wear valley sides used to pay by results.....so much win..so much draw..nowt for loss.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:10 pm 

Just to add a bit of perspective via accurate figures, last season Dulwich Hamlet, step 3 and then average crowd of 2,000, £8,000 pw; Lewes fc step 4, ave crowd 550, £2,000 pw.

Tends to back those who say NL clubs are overspending