It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:28 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Bishops new signings
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:03 am 

FRIENDLY..Durham v Bishops.thurs 12th july...taken from durham fc twitter....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:02 am 

mut2011 wrote:
why on earth do you think we support bishop?either we have a sense of humour or God hates us with a ducking passion

To be fair, I don't think it's a case of either / or. I think you need a good dose of each to be supporting bishops lately :D

Being serious for a moment, I'm not familiar with most of the names so is this Bishops rebuilding to avoid another season like last season or is it a genuine push for promotion at long last?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:01 am 

Money spinner with Whitby lol.

Speaking of, four ex-Blues there. Liversedge is decent, good shot stopper, not as good as you'd expect in the air but he may have improved in the last 4 years or so.

McGoldrick went straight to us on his release from Boro this time last year. Loves a tackle and good in the air. Still very young so lots of time to develop, has all the tools.

Fryatt has disappointed a few leaving. He struggled to break consistently into the first team but has a great workrate. Quite pacey and always gives 100%, will do well for you I suspect.

Patton's the best of the lot. Gutted to lose him, capable of defence-splitting passes, spectacular goals from distance and some real bite in midfield. You'll love him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:05 am 

goose wrote:
Money spinner with Whitby lol.

Speaking of, four ex-Blues there. Liversedge is decent, good shot stopper, not as good as you'd expect in the air but he may have improved in the last 4 years or so.

McGoldrick went straight to us on his release from Boro this time last year. Loves a tackle and good in the air. Still very young so lots of time to develop, has all the tools.

Fryatt has disappointed a few leaving. He struggled to break consistently into the first team but has a great workrate. Quite pacey and always gives 100%, will do well for you I suspect.

Patton's the best of the lot. Gutted to lose him, capable of defence-splitting passes, spectacular goals from distance and some real bite in midfield. You'll love him.

Thanks Goose, sounds positive.

To answer Handifans question it looks like pretty much a clear out from last season with just a scattering of last seasons squad remaining. Re building job which will hopefully see us competing toward the upper end of the league. If everything clicks who knows :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:38 pm 

handifan2 wrote:
mut2011 wrote:
why on earth do you think we support bishop?either we have a sense of humour or God hates us with a ducking passion

To be fair, I don't think it's a case of either / or. I think you need a good dose of each to be supporting bishops lately :D

Being serious for a moment, I'm not familiar with most of the names so is this Bishops rebuilding to avoid another season like last season or is it a genuine push for promotion at long last?

Would take some doing putting up a promotion push after last years debacle,but at least things look a lot more positive than this time last year

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:15 pm 

More Bishops signings:

Jamie Marshall - defender previously Jarrow Roofing

Christopher Salmon - midfielder previously W.Bay

Jordan McClarence - forward

Chris Winn has also signed a new contract for next season.