It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can you get out of northern league two.........
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:50 pm 

Northern league fan I'm from Cumbria but work over north east so take in 1st and 2nd div games ( or used 2 waste of money now ) used to have 8 teams fighting for promotion in second division now only battle is going to be bottom 3 or 4 because a possibility of 2 relegated I'm just thinking say Morpeth or Maske get relegated back into the 1st div ( cant see it just a Rare thought ) Whats the knock on effect of that 3 out the 2nd Div ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:02 pm 

Wack wrote:
90% of second Div Clubs season will be over by the end of Sept, whilst the big boys in the football league have the play off system to consider, so the majority of Clubs are still in with a shout until the following March.

This is a ludicrous idea, and I cant see any benefit...in fact can anyone see a reason for it either

The F.A. are also relegating all bottom 2 step 6 teams & this is 38 in total. As long as 38 clubs are promoted from all the step 7 leagues, there will be no reprieves! If less than 38 step 7 clubs are promoted. Then the best 2nd bottom club, with the best ppg basis from all the 19 step 6 leagues will be reprieved. So if zero clubs are promoted the 3 feeder leagues, the F.A. will still fill the NL2 with lateral movements from the neighbouring step 6 leagues. If all 3 feeder leagues promote a club & only one team is promoted from the NL2. The F.A. will have to laterally transferred two clubs into the nearest step 6 league(either the NCEL1 or NWCL1N). This could happen year in year out!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:06 pm 

SSOT wrote:
Northern league fan I'm from Cumbria but work over north east so take in 1st and 2nd div games ( or used 2 waste of money now ) used to have 8 teams fighting for promotion in second division now only battle is going to be bottom 3 or 4 because a possibility of 2 relegated I'm just thinking say Morpeth or Maske get relegated back into the 1st div ( cant see it just a Rare thought ) Whats the knock on effect of that 3 out the 2nd Div ?

The F.A. would laterally transfer every time now. There will be no extra relegations under any circumstances.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:33 am 

Totally ludicrous having 1 promotion spot between NL2 and NL1. This is step too far by the FA. More step 6 clubs will risk their existence by overspending for promotion.
More promotion spots and more regionality is what is required to help ambitious clubs move through divisions and play at the highest level possible without overstretching.
The 1-2-4-8-16..... pyramid is fundamentally flawed but the FA will pursue their agenda of creating a pyramid at all costs - those costs being to the clubs themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:21 am 

It’ll be interesting to see who is throwing silly money at very average players in the 2nd this season, last season there were a few clubs allegedly chucking 50/60 quid at players and they finished below half way, with only 1 possibly two promotion slots available then unless you have a real good chance of going up what’s the point in most clubs paying players in the 2nd division?
Doesn’t have any bearing on us at CLS as we don’t get paid however it’ll be a long boring season if you are outside the top 3 by November with no chance of catching top spot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:33 am 

handifan2 wrote:
Totally ludicrous having 1 promotion spot between NL2 and NL1. This is step too far by the FA. More step 6 clubs will risk their existence by overspending for promotion.
More promotion spots and more regionality is what is required to help ambitious clubs move through divisions and play at the highest level possible without overstretching.
The 1-2-4-8-16..... pyramid is fundamentally flawed but the FA will pursue their agenda of creating a pyramid at all costs - those costs being to the clubs themselves.

Surely the overspending will cease, when it becomes clear which clubs are going to dominate the Division. The clubs will just release the highest paid players, or those players that are ambitious will look elsewhere to play.
The 1 promotion spot for step 5, is for next season only. After that the 14 runners up will have inter-league semifinal playoffs. The 7 winners will then face the 7 3rd bottom step 4 sides in a playoff final. I’m not sure if it will be regional i.e. the NL1 runners up v the NCEL Prem runners up, with the final against the NPL1E 3rd bottom side! But it makes sense for them to be set up this way!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:41 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
handifan2 wrote:

Surely the overspending will cease, when it becomes clear which clubs are going to dominate the Division. The clubs will just release the highest paid players, or those players that are ambitious will look elsewhere to play.
The 1 promotion spot for step 5, is for next season only. After that the 14 runners up will have inter-league semifinal playoffs. The 7 winners will then face the 7 3rd bottom step 4 sides in a playoff final. I’m not sure if it will be regional i.e. the NL1 runners up v the NCEL Prem runners up, with the final against the NPL1E 3rd bottom side! But it makes sense for them to be set up this way!

Your talking promotion into evo league. I thought this thread was about promotion from nl 2 into nl1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:42 am 

So did i

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:56 am 

I find it strange that the FA have been so specific about what will happen when at step 6 in particular, the geographies are typically fairly small.

A common situation in the next few seasons will be at least one team promoted from NL1, but the team relegated from that league to step 5 won't be located anywhere near us. Also if 2 teams are to be relegated from NL1, lets say Whickham and Hebburn (Geographical reasons only), then what happens in NL1 if only 1 are promoted from NL2? Does it run with 18 teams, or do we get 2 teams from Leeds into NL1? Seems madness to me as it will make our geo spread worse, not better. As a minimum you would need to promote 2 or 3 from NL2 to sustain NL1 if we are saying NL is artificially better than its level from avoiding promotion for years!

Appreciate that's nopt straight forward to follow, but I don't see how this doesn't cause bedlam over the next few years! Everyone is looking at it from a NL2 promotion point of view, but the issue here is that NL1 is going to get much bigger geography wise.

Makes no sense, and as said earlier, little incentive for the 8 or 9 NL2 teams who start the season thinking they might sneak 3rd. I don't agree that this means there is nowt to play for, finish as high as you can, build as a club each year and target getting into FA cup

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:02 am 

So say im managing a club and offer a players £50 a week but after 6/8 weeks already i know were not going to win the league i just release all my top earning players or clubs just say no more budget because we cant go up and were to good to go into bottom 2 then players leave / released wont get money at other clubs with same out look how on earth is that growing the game players will just stop playing managers will be leaving all over the place like ive said no thankyou should be promoting/relegating 3 teams still from NL1 / NL2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:37 am 

Can anyone explain the reasons for this decision?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 am 

SSOT wrote:
So say im managing a club and offer a players £50 a week but after 6/8 weeks already i know were not going to win the league i just release all my top earning players or clubs just say no more budget because we cant go up and were to good to go into bottom 2 then players leave / released wont get money at other clubs with same out look how on earth is that growing the game players will just stop playing managers will be leaving all over the place like ive said no thankyou should be promoting/relegating 3 teams still from NL1 / NL2

The F.A. has equalised promotion from step 6 out. The MFL1, WMRL Prem, EMCL & SWPL only promoted a single club. So this has improved things for them. Several other step 6 league’s only promoted 2 clubs. With the reduced league sizes across steps 3/4/5 & 6, you can’t expect to promote & relegate the same amount of clubs. Because the step 6 league’s have different league sizes(i.e. 14 in the 2 Hellenic step 6 league’s & 18/19/20 in other’s. Then promotion will definitely be on a ppg basis & not on the highest points total(everyone expected 20 clubs in each league). Although there are numerous appeals across the country & the Hellenic isn’t happy with there small league sizes. I personally would like to see more promotions & a German style relegation/promotion playoff. Between the NL1 18th placed side against either the 2nd placed sides that don’t achieve automatic promotion or the 3rd placed sides if the 2nd placed sides are automatically promoted. So when people look at steps 5/6 they should look at it as part of the wider pyramid & not just a local league for local people..........

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:51 am 

Aye well keep my £5/£6 every game plus 2 or 3 pints at various clubs program and raffle tickets probably save £600/£700 over the season so well done brilliant stuff from FA wor lass will be happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:04 am 

SSOT wrote:
Killed northern league for me back to Watching tele on a Saturday keep my £5 instead of watch teams with nothing to play for just go through motions FA killing saturday football going to be 15-17 teams in both divisions with nothing to play for league wise anyway

Hang on, a lack of teams going up kills the NL for you? That used to be what the NL1 was all about!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:22 am 

Agree should never have been aloud not to promote from NL1 but back to my point other than tread water some of the best games i seen last season were at clubs like alnwick / Ra brandon bishop etc Dont just go out to watch the super rich sides

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next