It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: New Signings Announced for Hornets
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:34 pm 

This evening Hebburn Town are pleased to announce the signing of experienced Northern League Div 1 defender Dan Groves from Shildon AFC full details in link below

http://www.hebburntownfc.co.uk/2018/06/ ... g-hornets/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:45 am 

Could someone kindly list what acquisitions Hebburn have made during the summer, please?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:39 am 

norseman wrote:
Could someone kindly list what acquisitions Hebburn have made during the summer, please?

No problem 8 in total as listed below, the rest of the squad remains from last seasons promotion team

Louis Storey
Luke Sullivan
Graeme Armstrong
James Fairley
Andrew Stephenson
Luke Ghilespy
Lee Kerr
Dan Groves

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:45 am 

Thank you for your trouble. I had found directions for the new league website in the mean time, so I did have a gist of it by the time of your post.

That is a menacing group of newly recruited players. If the team can gel quickly, you'll be looking at top 3 would be my guess. Though there seems to be a large emphasis on attacking players having been brought in, so perhaps is Scott Oliver going to look for further recruitments defensively?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:02 pm 

Bankrolled or just a hard working committee ?

Weren't they skint 18 months ago. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:04 pm 

norseman wrote:
Thank you for your trouble. I had found directions for the new league website in the mean time, so I did have a gist of it by the time of your post.

That is a menacing group of newly recruited players. If the team can gel quickly, you'll be looking at top 3 would be my guess. Though there seems to be a large emphasis on attacking players having been brought in, so perhaps is Scott Oliver going to look for further recruitments defensively?

Thats up to Scott :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:06 pm 

Wack wrote:

YES - The club was Skint 18 months ago and the "Save Hebburn Campiagn" was met with a consortium of businessmen who took over.

New Owners, new structure across the club from Juniors through to Over 40's, lots of ambition and creating a community club for all. Pop in and visit us and i'm sure you'll see a huge difference from the place it was 18 months ago :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:13 pm 

Juniorhornet wrote:
Wack wrote:

YES - The club was Skint 18 months ago and the "Save Hebburn Campiagn" was met with a consortium of businessmen who took over.

New Owners, new structure across the club from Juniors through to Over 40's, lots of ambition and creating a community club for all. Pop in and visit us and i'm sure you'll see a huge difference from the place it was 18 months ago :shock:

I came with Northallerton earlier this year, very impressed. The bar is now the best in the Northern League and the attention to detail around the ground is second to none. Even all the bulbs worked in the lights , that must be a first for years :lol:

I never knock Clubs with ambition and who do things right by investing heavily in infrastructure, like South Shields and Spennymoor have (although Spennymoor faffed around for years which I didn't agree with)

My gripe is with Clubs that throw shed loads of cash at players and have poor facilities etc or don't want promotion. With this in mind I think Hebburn are doing things absolutely right and good luck to them. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:36 am 

Wack wrote:
Juniorhornet wrote:
Wack wrote:

I came with Northallerton earlier this year, very impressed. The bar is now the best in the Northern League and the attention to detail around the ground is second to none. Even all the bulbs worked in the lights , that must be a first for years :lol:

I never knock Clubs with ambition and who do things right by investing heavily in infrastructure, like South Shields and Spennymoor have (although Spennymoor faffed around for years which I didn't agree with)

My gripe is with Clubs that throw shed loads of cash at players and have poor facilities etc or don't want promotion. With this in mind I think Hebburn are doing things absolutely right and good luck to them. :D

Well said wack, hopefully their ambition will see then progress through the leagues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:40 am 

My gripe is with Clubs that throw shed loads of cash at players and have poor facilities etc or don't want promotion. Quote
What clubs are these wack.