It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: New Signings Announced for Hornets
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:08 pm 

Hebburn Town this evening have announced the signing of another experienced Northern League Winner and Player in Andrew Stephenson, details in the link below

http://www.hebburntownfc.co.uk/2018/06/ ... -the-club/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:17 am 

Cracking signing. You'll really enjoy watching this lad play.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:46 pm 

I will give scotty oliver a month from when the season starts maybe six weeks. Got jon king and south shields written all over it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:47 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
I will give scotty oliver a month from when the season starts maybe six weeks. Got jon king and south shields written all over it.

Funny I was thinking the same this morning, Also thought of the Jon King scenario.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:42 pm 

I’m surprised he hasn’t already gone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:39 pm 

Lets get the knives from out of scotts back here!

Everywhere he has been done decent job with no/ very little budget let him show what he can do with either a very good budget average budget or little budget nobody here will know and Scott has done a decent job so lets see how they fare before chastising him. Hes a very knowledgeable guy who knows his way around the Northern league as well as being decent NL player in his time. If it doesn't work out then so be it but lets give the lad a chance for gods sake .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:49 pm 

AMB wrote:
Lets get the knives from out of scotts back here!

Everywhere he has been done decent job with no/ very little budget let him show what he can do with either a very good budget average budget or little budget nobody here will know and Scott has done a decent job so lets see how they fare before chastising him. Hes a very knowledgeable guy who knows his way around the Northern league as well as being decent NL player in his time. If it doesn't work out then so be it but lets give the lad a chance for gods sake .

Well said Foss. No one deserves a bit success more than Scott Oliver , Cracking Lad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:30 pm 

Well put, Foss. Scott has been Hebburn through-and-through as a player and as a manager. After their last season in the first division, I can’t believe people are thinking the club should be done with him now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 pm 

AndyHudson wrote:
Well put, Foss. Scott has been Hebburn through-and-through as a player and as a manager. After their last season in the first division, I can’t believe people are thinking the club should be done with him now.

The same could be said for Kingy at Shields!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:28 pm 

paxton1410 wrote:
AndyHudson wrote:

And that had a stink at the time and shouldn’t have happened.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:42 am 

AndyHudson wrote:
paxton1410 wrote:
AndyHudson wrote:

And that had a stink at the time and shouldn’t have happened.

Sorry Andy, It was well known at the time when Shields won the Northern League second division that during that summer their was going to be some big signings, And even greater expectations, Most people knew that Jon probably had until October to make sure Shields where up there challenging at the top of the league, As in any senior management, football or business if things don't happen then there's casualities, Did Jon get pushed too soon?, Possibly?, But five Trophies later I think the South Shields hierarchy would say they did the right thing.

I know Scotty personally and Bloody Yes he deserves is opportunity at Hebburn, He's worked tirelessly over the years with little or no budget, BUT!, He knows himself that he's going to be under immense pressure to succeed, It's not about having the knifes out, It's just the reality of the way the World is these days, Most people in life don't get a enough time to make things happen, Again wether it be sport or business, sometimes your out before it even starts, I hope Scott is a major success at Hebburn for the next few seasons.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:58 am 

quote="AndyHudson"]
paxton1410 wrote:
AndyHudson wrote:

And that had a stink at the time and shouldn’t have happened.[/quote]

Sorry Andy, It was well known at the time when Shields won the Northern League second division that during that summer their was going to be some big signings, And even greater expectations, Most people knew that Jon probably had until October to make sure Shields where up there challenging at the top of the league, As in any senior management, football or business if things don't happen then there's casualities, Did Jon get pushed too soon?, Possibly?, But five Trophies later I think the South Shields hierarchy would say they did the right thing.

I know Scotty personally and Bloody Yes he deserves is opportunity at Hebburn, He's worked tirelessly over the years with little or no budget, BUT!, He knows himself that he's going to be under immense pressure to succeed, It's not about having the knifes out, It's just the reality of the way the World is these days, Most people in life don't get a enough time to make things happen, Again wether it be sport or business, sometimes your out before it even starts, I hope Scott is a major success at Hebburn for the next few seasons.[/quote]

Well said, this was the whole point, it has nothing to do with getting the knives out, in fact the complete opposite.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:55 pm 

Scott Oliver is a top lad and i hope he goes on to have great success . I know him from his time at Birtley where he did a great job keeping the club going only to be manure on from a great height . I hope Hebburn , which i am sure they will, stick by him. Looking at the acquisitions i think the club have made it plain they will be doing just that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:41 pm 

To be fair, it doesn’t help having some gossiping knackers relieving their boredom, eh England?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:14 pm 

AndyHudson wrote:
To be fair, it doesn’t help having some gossiping knackers relieving their boredom, eh England?

Nope just stating opinions