It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:35 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: New Signings Announced for Hornets
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:24 am 

Hebburn Town are pleased to announce the signings of four experienced players who will join the club as they prepare for the 2018/2019 season in the Ebac Northern League Divison 1

Announcement and details can be found in the below link

http://www.hebburntownfc.co.uk/2018/06/01/hebburn-make-statement-of-intent-with-four-new-signings/

Post subject: Re: New Signings Announced for Hornets
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:05 am 

Speaking as a Shields supporter, Very good signings there Hebburn, Well done.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:09 am 

I think that can certainly be described as "a statement of intent".

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:10 am 

pleased for hebburn...to think its not long ago they had the beggin bowl out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:11 am 

Didn't realise you could get that much money into them buckets that were being passed around.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:15 am 

Just to get James Fairley would have been an excellent signing, but to get the other 3 lads as well shows you mean business this upcoming season. Can't see too many teams vastly improving their squad in one go like that Makes our friendly something for our fans to really look forward to and I'll make sure of spreading the word around so hopefully we'll get a decent turnout to welcome you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:18 am 

By the way, James Fairley also played at Washington, he top-scored with 36 goals in Washington's promotion season 2014-15.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:25 am 

Since the hand outs, it’s clear that the investment from the new company has started with the infrastructure, then moved on to the playing side now. Good luck to them, great signings, I’m sure there will be many more which will see them at the top end of the division. I was pretty averse this without enforced promotion, but it seems that this investment holds much more worth now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:34 am 

england wrote:
Since the hand outs, it’s clear that the investment from the new company has started with the infrastructure, then moved on to the playing side now. Good luck to them, great signings, I’m sure there will be many more which will see them at the top end of the division. I was pretty averse this without enforced promotion, but it seems that this investment holds much more worth now.

Excellent summery.

Hebburn seem to be doing things in the right order. So what if they got a load of cash, at least they have invested heavily in infrastructure , which is now excellent. The attention to detail is second to none, even improving the look of the far stand and adding spectator lighting to that end of the ground.

When teams invest heavily in players, knowing they have to take promotion, its refreshing...perhaps a Vase run is on the cards also

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:41 pm 

From top to bottom the club has been transformed, the junior section has linked up fully now and it was excellent to have a presentation evening with juniors, reserve and first teams all present. The idea is to get a natural production line up and running. I look at Stockton as an example of where hebburn want to go! Top notch!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:58 pm 

Oink Oink wrote:
From top to bottom the club has been transformed, the junior section has linked up fully now and it was excellent to have a presentation evening with juniors, reserve and first teams all present. The idea is to get a natural production line up and running. I look at Stockton as an example of where hebburn want to go! Top notch!

It’s great to see them do it properly by investing in the infrastructure, but the main thing for me is that if you are going to throw money at a team, there should at least be an aim of promotion, so that you can progress to where the budget will naturally fit. Rather than constantly being the big fish in the little pond.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:37 pm 

england wrote:
Oink Oink wrote:

It’s great to see them do it properly by investing in the infrastructure, but the main thing for me is that if you are going to throw money at a team, there should at least be an aim of promotion, so that you can progress to where the budget will naturally fit. Rather than constantly being the big fish in the little pond.

We won’t have the biggest budget in the division and as has been banged around since we finished second, the promotion has came a season early. However after speaking to the owners etc they want to go through the leagues. But you’ve gotta walk before you can run and this is just the next stage. The junior section will hopefully produce the future stars needed to help achieve this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:37 pm 

Oink Oink wrote:
england wrote:
Oink Oink wrote:

We won’t have the biggest budget in the division and as has been banged around since we finished second, the promotion has came a season early. However after speaking to the owners etc they want to go through the leagues. But you’ve gotta walk before you can run and this is just the next stage. The junior section will hopefully produce the future stars needed to help achieve this.

I don’t know what your budget will be, but to attract those sort of players and from where they have come from, it will be very hefty. It shows the imbalance in the north east scene that players constantly drop back in to the NL for “pay days”. There will always be exceptions to the rule, but hopefully promotion will change a lot of this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:36 am 

marvelous what a few sheckles can do for publicity...any way good luck in your venture...

Post subject: Hornets add another two players to pre-season signings
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:31 pm 

Hebburn Town FC are pleased to announce the signing of two well established Northern league players to their squad for the forthcoming season, that’s 6 new additions with the clubs retained list being announced tomorrow.

Full details can be found in the link below

http://www.hebburntownfc.co.uk/2018/06/04/gilhespy-and-kerr-sign/