It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:07 am 

AllyGB wrote:
Wack wrote:
So who are Blyth , are they not the same identity and registration as Blyth Town, in which case how are they in the league . Surely it was Blyth Town who got promoted from the Alliance ?

The first team of Blyth Town "broke away " and as the first team were in the ENL the "new club" continued. Blyth AFC are seen by some as a new club who don't deserve the ENL place. That is part of the legal argument.

If they continued as Blyth AFC and simply dropped the "Town" then they are an existing Club. Maybe I am over simplifying the situation but to me the legal position will hinge on whether Blyth are a new Club or existing, and surely that's solely down to the registration.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:48 am 

SORRY FOLKS BUT STOP RIGHT THERE ABOUT BLYTH'S RIGHT TO BE IN THE NORTHERN LEAGUE 1ST DIVISON. Because you're wasting your time completely. I give you Horden CW suddenly transforming into Darlington 1883 Reserves partway through last season in the Wearside League. Whoa we all said, like on here as to it being unfair especially as Darlington 1883 announced they had taken over from Horden CW and had not merged with them. Even that didn't stop them from taking Horden CW's points nor their position in the League. Also they then played contracted Darlington 1883 players in the Wearside League in their side. In fact they were going to play their entire 1st team against my side Redcar Athletic but that was only prevented from happening as they left it to late to register them all in time as only 6 can be signed on the day. Needless to say they picked the wrong Wearside League team to play those 1st team players against. Anyway there was nothing the Wearside League could do to prevent a new team coming in and taking over a current side as they were told it was permissable by the FA. There is no difference here and the Northern League won't be able to do anything about it. Blyth AFC will be playing in the Northern League 1st Division as precedent has already been set. I am afraid you all just have to bite your lip and as much as that will hurt you just to have to bear the pain.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:21 am 
Site Admin

mjrbrowns wrote:
Isnt the problem the way Blyth AFc came to be in the NL and the way it was handled by LMC?

At the time was there not the thought that it was simply Blyth Town rebranding as Blyth AFC and using Blyth Town's registration?

In fact it was a brand new club which hadnt existed before and Blyth Town declared their first team would play in the NA, the fact that the bulk of players break away to another team does not mean it is the same club, in fact mass exodus is not uncommon, for instance when a manager leaves.

So I expect the argument is that a brand new club has been using Blyth Towns registration and ground approval What the LMC would have approved was Blyth Towns security of tenure at South Newsham for season 17/18. I am sure that the argument will be Blyth AFC@ s inclusion in NL was invalid and in turn their results should be expunged.

And as a side issue, should Blyth Town not be fined for failing to compete in the NL last season, I am not aware of them having given notice to resign?

Oh what a mess

It depends on how they're registered with the league/FA, either a limited company or an unincorporated association. If an unincorporated association then it's whether it was the same committee or not. If a limited company then it's whether it's still being ran under the same limited company. If it's the same limited company or committee as before they broke away from the rest of 'Blyth Town', then it'll be seen as the same club.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:00 pm 

Do you not think Northallerton Town would have appealed if there was something dodgy with Blyth AFC's groundshare stint at Ashington?

This might settle the debate - http://blythafc.co.uk/about/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:11 pm 

the little fella wrote:
SORRY FOLKS BUT STOP RIGHT THERE ABOUT BLYTH'S RIGHT TO BE IN THE NORTHERN LEAGUE 1ST DIVISON. Because you're wasting your time completely. I give you Horden CW suddenly transforming into Darlington 1883 Reserves partway through last season in the Wearside League. Whoa we all said, like on here as to it being unfair especially as Darlington 1883 announced they had taken over from Horden CW and had not merged with them. Even that didn't stop them from taking Horden CW's points nor their position in the League. Also they then played contracted Darlington 1883 players in the Wearside League in their side. In fact they were going to play their entire 1st team against my side Redcar Athletic but that was only prevented from happening as they left it to late to register them all in time as only 6 can be signed on the day. Needless to say they picked the wrong Wearside League team to play those 1st team players against. Anyway there was nothing the Wearside League could do to prevent a new team coming in and taking over a current side as they were told it was permissable by the FA. There is no difference here and the Northern League won't be able to do anything about it. Blyth AFC will be playing in the Northern League 1st Division as precedent has already been set. I am afraid you all just have to bite your lip and as much as that will hurt you just to have to bear the pain.

Horden CW were folding/struggling to finish the season, so as I see it Darlo Reserves were filling in an empty space. Horden was a nice ground to go to.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:22 am 

Blimey! Noeldinho is the only one I've heard actually say that he's happy for another team to come in mid season into a League taking the points and position of a former club without the League or it's member clubs having any say in the matter. As that is what happened. As it was allowed by the FA I'm failing to see the issue with Blyth AFC. As Windy1970 has already pointed out, if their previous ground in South Newsham met the criteria for Division 1 of the Northern League then they are not moving in order to gain promotion. The FA will allow that. Northallerton will have to prove otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:40 am 

the little fella wrote:
Blimey! Noeldinho is the only one I've heard actually say that he's happy for another team to come in mid season into a League taking the points and position of a former club without the League or it's member clubs having any say in the matter. As that is what happened. As it was allowed by the FA I'm failing to see the issue with Blyth AFC. As Windy1970 has already pointed out, if their previous ground in South Newsham met the criteria for Division 1 of the Northern League then they are not moving in order to gain promotion. The FA will allow that. Northallerton will have to prove otherwise.

As far as I am aware Northallerton are not going to prove anything and accept Blyth are in the first div next season (although we did take 6 points off them :D )

My personal thoughts around the ground and security of tenure, which is required to play at step 5 (ie get promoted to Div 1). A quick look on-line confirms that Blyth Town First Team was incorporated as a Ltd Co on 14th August 2015, this suggests they broke away from the Blyth Town AFC, a private members Club.

In fairness to the owner of the Ltd Co (now called Nosy Parker for some reason) he has posted his position on-line and makes some valid points, however he does confirm and I quote
Quote:
I contribute around £500 income to BTFC every time I hire the facility having around 30 plus hires since this arrangement
suggesting there was some formal or informal share/hire agreement in place. He goes on to write
Quote:
I am seeking assurances from the local authority/FA/others to get the pitch brought up to at least the minimum standard the pitch report recommends before the start of the 2018/19 season where i will return to play home games

So perhaps things are getting sorted and Blyth will return to that facility. We did appreciate the free pint with entry when we attended :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:41 am 

Wack wrote:
the little fella wrote:

As far as I am aware Northallerton are not going to prove anything and accept Blyth are in the first div next season (although we did take 6 points off them :D )

My personal thoughts around the ground and security of tenure, which is required to play at step 5 (ie get promoted to Div 1). A quick look on-line confirms that Blyth Town First Team was incorporated as a Ltd Co on 14th August 2015, this suggests they broke away from the Blyth Town AFC, a private members Club.

In fairness to the owner of the Ltd Co (now called Nosy Parker for some reason) he has posted his position on-line and makes some valid points, however he does confirm and I quote
Quote:
I contribute around £500 income to BTFC every time I hire the facility having around 30 plus hires since this arrangement
suggesting there was some formal or informal share/hire agreement in place. He goes on to write
Quote:
I am seeking assurances from the local authority/FA/others to get the pitch brought up to at least the minimum standard the pitch report recommends before the start of the 2018/19 season where i will return to play home games

So perhaps things are getting sorted and Blyth will return to that facility. We did appreciate the free pint with entry when we attended :D

Blyth have received a legal letter telling informing them that they will not be back at South Newsham. So I can’t see them returning anytime soon or ever!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:20 pm 

Quote:
Blyth have received a legal letter telling informing them that they will not be back at South Newsham. So I can’t see them returning anytime soon or ever!

Really? How do you know that

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:49 am 

Has a revised date been agreed for when the fixtures will be released? I assume its once the appeals from the clubs have been finalised but do we have any idea when that is likely to be?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:08 am 

trevor56 wrote:
Quote:

I’m not in a position to say!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:26 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
trevor56 wrote:
Quote:

I’m not in a position to say!

A reliable source. Lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:35 pm 

Really? How do you know that[/quote]

I’m not in a position to say![/quote]

A reliable source. Lol[/quote]

I don’t want to lose my source, by blurting who they are on social media. Plus this is in the hands of legal people & I’m not going to potentially get someone into trouble. But they are a reliable source, extremely reliable.....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:51 am 

A representative from Blyth FC have stated on Facebook to a question regarding where they are playing next season that it will be South Newsham until they get their ground built

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:13 am 

aidan's father wrote:
A representative from Blyth FC have stated on Facebook to a question regarding where they are playing next season that it will be South Newsham until they get their ground built

Now I kind of understand the gripe of other teams. The AGM has been and gone and still nobody has a clue where Blyth will be playing?

Windy seems to be in the know and he said they have a legal letter saying they cant?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next