It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:25 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:26 pm 

local lad wrote:
which clubs dont have there own ground..its just durham isnt it.

Blyth town / afc or whatever it’s called.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:11 pm 

I think it is more about security of tenure or owning yhe lease on your ground. When Blyth moved out lsst srason because the pitch was in a bad state at south newsham technically if they had a lease and security of tenure it should have been the lowest club league wise who moved off. It is an FA rule that you should have this tenure and if they havent then they should be expelled from the league. I still maintain that they have no ground and if they moved because the pitch was poor presumably it is OK now so why havent they gone back

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:11 pm 

mjrbrowns wrote:
According to Mike Amos; blog today, Alnwick are appealing relegation on basis that other clubs do not have their own ground and Newcastle Uni are appealing their lack of promotion

The F.A. allows clubs to groundshare. This has got to be the biggest waste of time appeal I’ve ever heard. The F.A. aren’t going to change their rules & regs retrospectively. Just so Alnwick can be reprieved from relegation.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Cestrian wrote:
When Blyth moved out lsst srason because the pitch was in a bad state at south newsham technically if they had a lease and security of tenure it should have been the lowest club league wise who moved off.

The South Newsham ground is leased to Blyth Town FC . They do not have permission from the owners to either ground share or sub let. That is one of the factors in the continuing legal case.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:17 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
I think it is more about security of tenure or owning yhe lease on your ground. When Blyth moved out lsst srason because the pitch was in a bad state at south newsham technically if they had a lease and security of tenure it should have been the lowest club league wise who moved off. It is an FA rule that you should have this tenure and if they havent then they should be expelled from the league. I still maintain that they have no ground and if they moved because the pitch was poor presumably it is OK now so why havent they gone back

They are entitled to groundshare. Many clubs do & swap grounds mid-season. The only question is whether they should have been promoted! The F.A. haven’t given them a nod & a wink just to allow them to stay in the NL. They would’ve had to prove they’ve got a secure tenure. Unless you can prove they haven’t?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:29 pm 

Windy it is not doen to me to prove anything i am just relaying what i heard at the AGM. Clubs had to produce a copy of their lease when returning their club particulars form to the ENL recently. There are quite a few people requesting sight of Blyths return. The feeling of quite a lot of clubs in the ENL is that Blyth have put a ground share in place to avoid a lot of awkwatd questions and to secure s promotion which is against FA rules i believe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:48 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
Windy it is not doen to me to prove anything i am just relaying what i heard at the AGM. Clubs had to produce a copy of their lease when returning their club particulars form to the ENL recently. There are quite a few people requesting sight of Blyths return. The feeling of quite a lot of clubs in the ENL is that Blyth have put a ground share in place to avoid a lot of awkwatd questions and to secure s promotion which is against FA rules i believe

Surely it’s the F.A. & EBAC NL that determines whether a club has passed the ground grading. It should never be a kangaroo court by committee. Anyway if Blyth are kicked out, then surely it’s Darlington RA that will be reprieved. So I don’t see what the basis of there appeal is for! Unless they feel that Durham City should also get binned for them to be reprieved. Bearing in mind that the F.A.’s rules & regs state that no team that end in last place should be reprieved under any circumstances!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:18 pm 

Coventry City don't own their ground and they are in League 1. :shock: Horror!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:32 pm 

AllyGB wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
When Blyth moved out lsst srason because the pitch was in a bad state at south newsham technically if they had a lease and security of tenure it should have been the lowest club league wise who moved off.

The South Newsham ground is leased to Blyth Town FC . They do not have permission from the owners to either ground share or sub let. That is one of the factors in the continuing legal case.

So who are Blyth , are they not the same identity and registration as Blyth Town, in which case how are they in the league . Surely it was Blyth Town who got promoted from the Alliance ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:02 pm 

Who are KFC??? Whatever happened to Kentucky Fried Chicken? Are they one and the same?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 pm 

No one is talking about owning a ground it is about leasehold and security of tenure. I suspect a lot of teams do not own their ground but they have a long term lease snd security of tenure which is required by the FA to compete in the pyramid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:27 pm 

No mate, they are talking about not owning the ground and not about tenancies. However I don't believe, as I've said on another thread on here, that Alnwick Town , would actually put an appeal in. Nothing on their media outlets to say that they have either.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:27 am 
Site Admin

Wack wrote:
So who are Blyth , are they not the same identity and registration as Blyth Town, in which case how are they in the league . Surely it was Blyth Town who got promoted from the Alliance ?

The first team of Blyth Town "broke away " and as the first team were in the ENL the "new club" continued. Blyth AFC are seen by some as a new club who don't deserve the ENL place. That is part of the legal argument.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:21 am 

put blyth in alliance as something looks amiss along side alnwick...promote allerton to div 1...reprieve darlo ra...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:00 am 

Isnt the problem the way Blyth AFc came to be in the NL and the way it was handled by LMC?

At the time was there not the thought that it was simply Blyth Town rebranding as Blyth AFC and using Blyth Town's registration?

In fact it was a brand new club which hadnt existed before and Blyth Town declared their first team would play in the NA, the fact that the bulk of players break away to another team does not mean it is the same club, in fact mass exodus is not uncommon, for instance when a manager leaves.

So I expect the argument is that a brand new club has been using Blyth Towns registration and ground approval What the LMC would have approved was Blyth Towns security of tenure at South Newsham for season 17/18. I am sure that the argument will be Blyth AFC@ s inclusion in NL was invalid and in turn their results should be expunged.

And as a side issue, should Blyth Town not be fined for failing to compete in the NL last season, I am not aware of them having given notice to resign?

Oh what a mess

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next