It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:47 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:10 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Hartlepool
footyfan1 wrote:
aidan's father wrote:
A representative from Blyth FC have stated on Facebook to a question regarding where they are playing next season that it will be South Newsham until they get their ground built



Now I kind of understand the gripe of other teams. The AGM has been and gone and still nobody has a clue where Blyth will be playing?

Windy seems to be in the know and he said they have a legal letter saying they cant?

It seems the club think different and are publicly saying they will be at South Newsham until their new ground is built, oh and advertising season tickets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 804
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
andy_pool wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:
aidan's father wrote:
A representative from Blyth FC have stated on Facebook to a question regarding where they are playing next season that it will be South Newsham until they get their ground built



Now I kind of understand the gripe of other teams. The AGM has been and gone and still nobody has a clue where Blyth will be playing?

Windy seems to be in the know and he said they have a legal letter saying they cant?

It seems the club think different and are publicly saying they will be at South Newsham until their new ground is built, oh and advertising season tickets.


Which brings the discussion full circle...ie do they have the suitable security of tenure at South Newsham to play step 5 football, or are they calling it a "ground share" with Blyth Town. Anyway on their website it states Ryton and Crawcrook Albion make the trip to South Newsham in Blyth’s only home pre-season game on Wednesday, July 11.

So now that's sorted can we have the fixtures ?

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
Now I kind of understand the gripe of other teams. The AGM has been and gone and still nobody has a clue where Blyth will be playing?

Windy seems to be in the know and he said they have a legal letter saying they cant?[/quote]
It seems the club think different and are publicly saying they will be at South Newsham until their new ground is built, oh and advertising season tickets.[/quote]

Which brings the discussion full circle...ie do they have the suitable security of tenure at South Newsham to play step 5 football, or are they calling it a "ground share" with Blyth Town. Anyway on their website it states Ryton and Crawcrook Albion make the trip to South Newsham in Blyth’s only home pre-season game on Wednesday, July 11.

So now that's sorted can we have the fixtures ?[/quote]
I’ve been updated! Blyth AFC have been informed by the council that they aren’t going back to South Newsham. Barry Elliott will be informed either today or tomorrow when his court date will be for unpaid fines. The quote I got was ‘he’s playing games & the net is closing in’! Make of that what you will.........


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 104
Location: By The Seaside
Might find a hole to slip through the net. Need more than a "legal letter" to remove a tenant or leaseholder.

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
the little fella wrote:
Might find a hole to slip through the net. Need more than a "legal letter" to remove a tenant or leaseholder.


I’ve been told that the NL committee knew the situation back in October. I understand that the NL committee has asked for a letter from the council, to confirm the situation. I think something might happen after they’ve received the confirmation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:55 pm
Posts: 78
the little fella wrote:
Need more than a "legal letter" to remove a tenant or leaseholder.


But Blyth AFC are neither; according to sources they hired the South Newsham Playing Fields, which gives no more right of tenure than if you were to hire a badminton court at the local sports centre.

The whole position revolves around this lack of “security of tenure”.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 804
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
AllyGB wrote:
the little fella wrote:
Need more than a "legal letter" to remove a tenant or leaseholder.


But Blyth AFC are neither; according to sources they hired the South Newsham Playing Fields, which gives no more right of tenure than if you were to hire a badminton court at the local sports centre.

The whole position revolves around this lack of “security of tenure”.


According to the owners own statement, £500 was paid per game to I assume Blyth Town. Some one must have confirmed that suitable security was in place as I believe the league ask for the information each year. However if there was a groundshare agreement then that would be a different issue. £500 per game is big money, no wonder they were giving a free pint with entry

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:19 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:55 pm
Posts: 78
You quoted the owner of Blyth AFC as:-

Quote:
I contribute around £500 income to BTFC every time I hire the facility having around 30 plus hires since this arrangement


Note the word hire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
AllyGB wrote:
You quoted the owner of Blyth AFC as:-

Quote:
I contribute around £500 income to BTFC every time I hire the facility having around 30 plus hires since this arrangement


Note the word hire


It’d be interesting to know exactly what the NL committee knew & when!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
Windy1970 wrote:
AllyGB wrote:
You quoted the owner of Blyth AFC as:-

Quote:
I contribute around £500 income to BTFC every time I hire the facility having around 30 plus hires since this arrangement


Note the word hire


It’d be interesting to know exactly what the NL committee knew & when!


The council have informed Barry Elliott that he’ll not be on site(South Newsham)again. They’ve also sent a copy of the lease to the NL to show that he doesn’t have a lease! He does have one at Ashington. Either something will happen very quickly or nothing at all. We wait & see......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:52 am
Posts: 18
Location: Bedlington Terriers FC
Does anyone know when the fixtures will be out yet?

_________________
Bedlington Terriers FC

Website Manager


Website: http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com/
Twitter> @btfcofficial


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 104
Location: By The Seaside
terryb wrote:
Does anyone know when the fixtures will be out yet?

:roll:

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 44
terryb wrote:
Does anyone know when the fixtures will be out yet?


Tomorrow


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League AGM
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 63
Mike M wrote:
terryb wrote:
Does anyone know when the fixtures will be out yet?


Tomorrow


How can fixtures be out today when appeals are still to be heard and decided?

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group