It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:25 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 10:15 am
Posts: 33
In the week commencing May 21 the Ebac Northern League website will be moving.

The new website will be at: www.northernfootballleague.org

The exact date for the switchover from the current website address to the new one will be announced closer to the time.

It will be in operation in time for the league’s annual presentations which take place on the evening of Friday, May 25.

The website will have a new design and be more accessible on mobile devices but will retain the main features of the current site.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:30 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 2170
Location: Billingham
Looking forward to seeing the new website Mike. The old one is brilliant in terms of the amount of info on there and how well it is updated. Hope that the new one is just as good.

_________________
www.billinghamtownfc.net
www.twitter.com/BillinghamTown
www.facebook.com/BillinghamTownFootballClub/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 10:15 am
Posts: 33
We've put a lot of work into getting the new one ready and once it's up and running we'll continue to look to see how it's working both for the league, but more importantly for clubs and spectators.
We've tried to incorporate as much as we can from the current website, which is rich in information and data.
We hope that people soon get used to the new one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 775
Use it daily and a godsend for me. I'm sure it will be superb!

_________________
INTERPOL: MARAUDER:

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:18 am
Posts: 7
Does any club sell a team sheet at the turnstile ? I'd buy that for 50p knowing it was 100% accurate, much more use than a squad list


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 10:15 am
Posts: 33
The Ebac Northern League’s new website will be available on the afternoon of Tuesday, May 22.

The website will be at www.northernfootballleague.org

The site has a new design and is more accessible for mobile devices.

It retains many of the features of the current site, including data from previous seasons.

However, a number of new features have been added to the new site for the 2018/19 season:

· The details of forthcoming fixtures will include a map for the home ground;
· league tables will be automatically updated as the results are posted;
· the results for individual games will include goalscorers, times of goals, significant incidents such as red cards and missed penalties, the referee and the attendance;
· photographs and graphics will also be included in news section; and
· the links section to the clubs in the league will include links to each club’s website as well its social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook.

We welcome comments that people have on the new website. These can be sent to:

feedback@northernfootballleague.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 2372
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
Sandboy wrote:
Does any club sell a team sheet at the turnstile ? I'd buy that for 50p knowing it was 100% accurate, much more use than a squad list


We give them away, 100% accurate and printed format

The old website was very good for information, thanks to everyone who works on it

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:18 pm
Posts: 905
Location: abroad
It might just be me being useless in manoeuvring about the new website, but the archive section does not seem to be up to the same high standards as before. If you'd like to check on the 2013/14 season, for example, where (if anywhere) is the option? And it seems one can not even access the past two season's archive slots.

Edit: Now it seems ok. However, I miss the home and away stats for the league tables. And there's only the two previous seasons available?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:54 pm
Posts: 3499
Location: Costa del Ryhope-by-the-sea
norseman wrote:
It might just be me being useless in manoeuvring about the new website, but the archive section does not seem to be up to the same high standards as before. If you'd like to check on the 2013/14 season, for example, where (if anywhere) is the option? And it seems one can not even access the past two season's archive slots.

Edit: Now it seems ok. However, I miss the home and away stats for the league tables. And there's only the two previous seasons available?
I agree it's very cumbersome and not as much information as was available on the old site. Not sure why the fixtures are mixed up ie in home team alphabetical order with div 1 interspersed with div 2. The section for club details is missing things like home and away strip colours, contact details etc.
I am not criticising, I realise that it is a work in progress and have already been in contact with one of the media team with my concerns. I was assured at one point that the archives would be up to date before the season started, though.

_________________
The Senility Prayer:
God grant me the senility to forget the people
I never liked anyway,
The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:18 pm
Posts: 905
Location: abroad
el Queso Grande wrote:
I agree it's very cumbersome and not as much information as was available on the old site. Not sure why the fixtures are mixed up ie in home team alphabetical order with div 1 interspersed with div 2. The section for club details is missing things like home and away strip colours, contact details etc.
I am not criticising, I realise that it is a work in progress and have already been in contact with one of the media team with my concerns. I was assured at one point that the archives would be up to date before the season started, though.


I understand there's plenty of effort behind it, which anyone should appreciate, as it takes a lot of time to maintain such a website. I am grateful there is one! May I ask what happened to the previous one? Unless I am mistaken, it was run by a couple?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 878
el Queso Grande wrote:
norseman wrote:
It might just be me being useless in manoeuvring about the new website, but the archive section does not seem to be up to the same high standards as before. If you'd like to check on the 2013/14 season, for example, where (if anywhere) is the option? And it seems one can not even access the past two season's archive slots.

Edit: Now it seems ok. However, I miss the home and away stats for the league tables. And there's only the two previous seasons available?
I agree it's very cumbersome and not as much information as was available on the old site. Not sure why the fixtures are mixed up ie in home team alphabetical order with div 1 interspersed with div 2. The section for club details is missing things like home and away strip colours, contact details etc.
I am not criticising, I realise that it is a work in progress and have already been in contact with one of the media team with my concerns. I was assured at one point that the archives would be up to date before the season started, though.

For a league the size of the NL, why can't they have something like the NWCL website? http://www.hallmarksecurityleague.com/index.php
They have regular updates from the chairman. They have a welcome to new clubs & a bit about those clubs. They let you know all the clubs that have applied from step 7 & do a couple of updates about those clubs requirements to pass the ground grading. Plus daily updates from the league & reports about every game etc


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:15 pm
Posts: 330
Location: the top end
Sandboy wrote:
Does any club sell a team sheet at the turnstile ? I'd buy that for 50p knowing it was 100% accurate, much more use than a squad list


Are you mad? North Shields have the audacity to charge 30p for one, that’s bad enough!

_________________
"Simplicity is genius"- Sir Bobby Robson

Allez les bleus!

1883, the eruption of Krakatoa!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:47 pm
Posts: 531
Location: NLZ
I’ve personally found the new site very poor , it’s a shame as I think Gav and Mike are canny, I was looking in the archive area to see my clubs run of results at the beginning of last season and it’s impossible, I was told today about nonleaguematters well it’s much more clear and easy to navigate, all of the fixtures are easy to see for my clubs division instead of trawling through the whole leagues.

_________________
Footie fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:27 am
Posts: 12
It will take time but the new site is very poor.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:07 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 2170
Location: Billingham
I was told the archives would eventually be transferred across to the new site but I can imagine it won't be a quick and easy job. To build a new site and keep it updated with the information on there will already be a time consuming job. Agree that the fixture/results lists need dividing into competitions rather than club alphabetical order but there's always going to be teething problems I suppose.

_________________
www.billinghamtownfc.net
www.twitter.com/BillinghamTown
www.facebook.com/BillinghamTownFootballClub/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group