It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:09 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
Noeldinho wrote:
Northallerton and Darlo RA wouldn't have been affected, if Blyth hadn't gone up, but Washington would.

The FA made changes last season & promoted extra clubs rather than reprieving any clubs. So Northallerton could easily have benefitted from Blyth AFC being demoted. Darlington RA would’ve definitely been reprieved.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:17 pm
Posts: 8
Windy1970 wrote:
Neil M wrote:
What are people expecting from them?

First of all, when did they know that Blyth AFC weren't going back to South Newsham! I'm sure Northallerton & Darlington RA would like to know?
Did the NL know that Blyth AFC were in fact a new entity & didn't have security of tenure at any grounds, then why weren't the new club told that they must have something in place by the 31st March deadline(aka Hull Utd NCEL, who were demoted 2 seasons ago)& why all the secrecy? Were the league scared that Barry might take them to court & that's why they allowed all this to happen?
If they knew months ago that they weren't going back to South Newsham. Why did they allow them to be promoted & not demote them to step 7?
Why have I been told by someone very very close to the top of EBAC NL, that Blyth AFC only had a 10 weeks agreement with Ashington(confirming exactly what Barry Elliott stated)! If this is the case then why have they lied? If not, then what was the agreement & why was the club allowed to swerve the FA's rules with any comeback?
If the EBAC NL thinks the social media stories are untrue. Then how come the predictions by some on here that Blyth AFC were a car crash waiting to happen, wasn't taken seriously by the NL committee?
Surely the NL should've asked for a bond from the club, to assure the league that the club intended to see the season out & not wait for the council to reject the ground build at Meggies Burn?
I'm correct in saying that it was brought up by a few clubs at the AGM!

It would be a poor show if the NL did not explain what happened, from their point of view.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:38 pm
Posts: 7
Windy1970 wrote:
Neil M wrote:
What are people expecting from them?


Did the NL know that Blyth AFC were in fact a new entity & didn't have security of tenure at any grounds, then why weren't the new club told that they must have something in place by the 31st March deadline(aka Hull Utd NCEL, who were demoted 2 seasons ago)& why all the secrecy?


Please help me with my ignorance...
The Blyth Town First team was founded in 1995, then became Blyth AFC in 2015. Then as Blyth AFC they won the Northern Alliance Premier in 2015/16.
Therefore in my understanding they were not a new entity when they entered the Northern League. Nor were they a new entity when they were promoted from NL2.


Please don't get me wrong, I still feel the statements made about the lack of tenure need exploring by the league.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 816
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
johnna wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Neil M wrote:
What are people expecting from them?


Did the NL know that Blyth AFC were in fact a new entity & didn't have security of tenure at any grounds, then why weren't the new club told that they must have something in place by the 31st March deadline(aka Hull Utd NCEL, who were demoted 2 seasons ago)& why all the secrecy?


Please help me with my ignorance...
The Blyth Town First team was founded in 1995, then became Blyth AFC in 2015. Then as Blyth AFC they won the Northern Alliance Premier in 2015/16.
Therefore in my understanding they were not a new entity when they entered the Northern League. Nor were they a new entity when they were promoted from NL2.


Please don't get me wrong, I still feel the statements made about the lack of tenure need exploring by the league.


So the current Blyth Town are the new Club then ? One has to be

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:38 pm
Posts: 7
Wack wrote:
So the current Blyth Town are the new Club then ? One has to be


It was something I was driving at earlier Wack. My club has 23 junior teams and a Saturday Senior team as well as a Sunday senior team. The junior teams all have one affiliation number. The senior sides all have separate affiliation numbers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:12 pm
Posts: 90
johnna wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Neil M wrote:
What are people expecting from them?


Did the NL know that Blyth AFC were in fact a new entity & didn't have security of tenure at any grounds, then why weren't the new club told that they must have something in place by the 31st March deadline(aka Hull Utd NCEL, who were demoted 2 seasons ago)& why all the secrecy?


Please help me with my ignorance...
The Blyth Town First team was founded in 1995, then became Blyth AFC in 2015. Then as Blyth AFC they won the Northern Alliance Premier in 2015/16.
Therefore in my understanding they were not a new entity when they entered the Northern League. Nor were they a new entity when they were promoted from NL2.

They didn’t become AFC Blyth until a season ago. Blyth Town won the alliance and got promoted.


Please don't get me wrong, I still feel the statements made about the lack of tenure need exploring by the league.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:06 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:55 pm
Posts: 79
Oh, here we go again.

Blyth Town are a community club with several age related teams. When their oldest team hit “adult age” the first team joined the lower divisions of the Northern Alliance and soon progressed.

Then the first team was taken over by a private company and they played under the name of Blyth Town until changing their name to Blyth AFC.

It is my view that they became a separate entity when the private company took over the first team from the community club. This seemed to be confirmed when the new team paid a rent to the original club, but as this didn’t qualify as a “security of tenure” and the original club are not permitted to sub-let under the terms of their lease from the local authority.

Confusion of these details by both sides, the FA and the Northern League and Northumberland FA have led to the position that Blyth AFC found themselves in - but it was largely a self inflicted wound.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:17 pm
Posts: 8
AllyGB wrote:
Oh, here we go again.

Blyth Town are a community club with several age related teams. When their oldest team hit “adult age” the first team joined the lower divisions of the Northern Alliance and soon progressed.

Then the first team was taken over by a private company and they played under the name of Blyth Town until changing their name to Blyth AFC.

It is my view that they became a separate entity when the private company took over the first team from the community club. This seemed to be confirmed when the new team paid a rent to the original club, but as this didn’t qualify as a “security of tenure” and the original club are not permitted to sub-let under the terms of their lease from the local authority.

Confusion of these details by both sides, the FA and the Northern League and Northumberland FA have led to the position that Blyth AFC found themselves in - but it was largely a self inflicted wound.

Thanks for that informative post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:38 pm
Posts: 7
Oink Oink wrote:

They didn’t become AFC Blyth until a season ago. Blyth Town won the alliance and got promoted.



Thank you Oink Oink, as I said it was my understanding, but I took that from retrospective records on the internet. I appreciate your steer on this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:38 pm
Posts: 7
Steve H wrote:
AllyGB wrote:
Oh, here we go again.

Blyth Town are a community club with several age related teams. When their oldest team hit “adult age” the first team joined the lower divisions of the Northern Alliance and soon progressed.

Then the first team was taken over by a private company and they played under the name of Blyth Town until changing their name to Blyth AFC.

It is my view that they became a separate entity when the private company took over the first team from the community club. This seemed to be confirmed when the new team paid a rent to the original club, but as this didn’t qualify as a “security of tenure” and the original club are not permitted to sub-let under the terms of their lease from the local authority.

Confusion of these details by both sides, the FA and the Northern League and Northumberland FA have led to the position that Blyth AFC found themselves in - but it was largely a self inflicted wound.

Thanks for that informative post.


As well as seconding Steve H's thanks, I now understand the events and also how people are taking different views.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:23 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Blyth - home of the famous Spartans.
AllyGB wrote:

Then the first team was taken over by a private company and they played under the name of Blyth Town until changing their name to Blyth AFC.




What hasn’t been picked up was that when the ‘private company’ took over the first team they actually changed the club’s name to ‘Blyth Town First Team FC’ to distinguish itself from the existing community club.
Weather this was done properly through the FA or not unsure but they rebranded themselves as Blyth Town First Team FC and it appeared on all their social media output match programmes etc etc.
It was they who then changed to Blyth AFC.

They weren’t able to use Blyth FC because there already is a club called that who play in the Northern Alliance.

_________________
Man gets tired...Spirit don't
Man surrenders...Spirit won't
Man is tethered...Spirit is free
What spirit is man can be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:58 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:55 pm
Posts: 79
I knew that the private company was originally called Blyth Town First Team Ltd, but wasn’t aware that the team had changed names ( however officially or not )

Thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:22 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Howay The Bay!
Former Blyth AFC captain David Robinson has joined Newcastle Benfield & made his debut last night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:45 pm
Posts: 6
RyanS732 wrote:
Former Blyth AFC captain David Robinson has joined Newcastle Benfield & made his debut last night.


Good start as well, getting tanked 6-1.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:22 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Howay The Bay!
I enjoyed it :lol:

Curtis Coppen & Robert Taylor to North Shields. That makes 4 & counting...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group