It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:09 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:06 pm 

Noeldinho wrote:
Northallerton and Darlo RA wouldn't have been affected, if Blyth hadn't gone up, but Washington would.

The FA made changes last season & promoted extra clubs rather than reprieving any clubs. So Northallerton could easily have benefitted from Blyth AFC being demoted. Darlington RA would’ve definitely been reprieved.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:44 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Neil M wrote:
What are people expecting from them?

First of all, when did they know that Blyth AFC weren't going back to South Newsham! I'm sure Northallerton & Darlington RA would like to know?
Did the NL know that Blyth AFC were in fact a new entity & didn't have security of tenure at any grounds, then why weren't the new club told that they must have something in place by the 31st March deadline(aka Hull Utd NCEL, who were demoted 2 seasons ago)& why all the secrecy? Were the league scared that Barry might take them to court & that's why they allowed all this to happen?
If they knew months ago that they weren't going back to South Newsham. Why did they allow them to be promoted & not demote them to step 7?
Why have I been told by someone very very close to the top of EBAC NL, that Blyth AFC only had a 10 weeks agreement with Ashington(confirming exactly what Barry Elliott stated)! If this is the case then why have they lied? If not, then what was the agreement & why was the club allowed to swerve the FA's rules with any comeback?
If the EBAC NL thinks the social media stories are untrue. Then how come the predictions by some on here that Blyth AFC were a car crash waiting to happen, wasn't taken seriously by the NL committee?
Surely the NL should've asked for a bond from the club, to assure the league that the club intended to see the season out & not wait for the council to reject the ground build at Meggies Burn?
I'm correct in saying that it was brought up by a few clubs at the AGM!

It would be a poor show if the NL did not explain what happened, from their point of view.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:50 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Neil M wrote:

Did the NL know that Blyth AFC were in fact a new entity & didn't have security of tenure at any grounds, then why weren't the new club told that they must have something in place by the 31st March deadline(aka Hull Utd NCEL, who were demoted 2 seasons ago)& why all the secrecy?

Please help me with my ignorance...
The Blyth Town First team was founded in 1995, then became Blyth AFC in 2015. Then as Blyth AFC they won the Northern Alliance Premier in 2015/16.
Therefore in my understanding they were not a new entity when they entered the Northern League. Nor were they a new entity when they were promoted from NL2.

Please don't get me wrong, I still feel the statements made about the lack of tenure need exploring by the league.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:23 pm 

johnna wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Neil M wrote:

Did the NL know that Blyth AFC were in fact a new entity & didn't have security of tenure at any grounds, then why weren't the new club told that they must have something in place by the 31st March deadline(aka Hull Utd NCEL, who were demoted 2 seasons ago)& why all the secrecy?

The Blyth Town First team was founded in 1995, then became Blyth AFC in 2015. Then as Blyth AFC they won the Northern Alliance Premier in 2015/16.
Therefore in my understanding they were not a new entity when they entered the Northern League. Nor were they a new entity when they were promoted from NL2.

Please don't get me wrong, I still feel the statements made about the lack of tenure need exploring by the league.

So the current Blyth Town are the new Club then ? One has to be

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:52 pm 

Wack wrote:
So the current Blyth Town are the new Club then ? One has to be

It was something I was driving at earlier Wack. My club has 23 junior teams and a Saturday Senior team as well as a Sunday senior team. The junior teams all have one affiliation number. The senior sides all have separate affiliation numbers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:04 pm 

johnna wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Neil M wrote:

They didn’t become AFC Blyth until a season ago. Blyth Town won the alliance and got promoted.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:06 am 
Site Admin

Oh, here we go again.

Blyth Town are a community club with several age related teams. When their oldest team hit “adult age” the first team joined the lower divisions of the Northern Alliance and soon progressed.

Then the first team was taken over by a private company and they played under the name of Blyth Town until changing their name to Blyth AFC.

It is my view that they became a separate entity when the private company took over the first team from the community club. This seemed to be confirmed when the new team paid a rent to the original club, but as this didn’t qualify as a “security of tenure” and the original club are not permitted to sub-let under the terms of their lease from the local authority.

Confusion of these details by both sides, the FA and the Northern League and Northumberland FA have led to the position that Blyth AFC found themselves in - but it was largely a self inflicted wound.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:02 am 

AllyGB wrote:
Oh, here we go again.

Blyth Town are a community club with several age related teams. When their oldest team hit “adult age” the first team joined the lower divisions of the Northern Alliance and soon progressed.

Then the first team was taken over by a private company and they played under the name of Blyth Town until changing their name to Blyth AFC.

It is my view that they became a separate entity when the private company took over the first team from the community club. This seemed to be confirmed when the new team paid a rent to the original club, but as this didn’t qualify as a “security of tenure” and the original club are not permitted to sub-let under the terms of their lease from the local authority.

Confusion of these details by both sides, the FA and the Northern League and Northumberland FA have led to the position that Blyth AFC found themselves in - but it was largely a self inflicted wound.

Thanks for that informative post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:14 pm 

Oink Oink wrote:

They didn’t become AFC Blyth until a season ago. Blyth Town won the alliance and got promoted.

Thank you Oink Oink, as I said it was my understanding, but I took that from retrospective records on the internet. I appreciate your steer on this.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:19 pm 

Steve H wrote:
AllyGB wrote:
Oh, here we go again.

Thanks for that informative post.

As well as seconding Steve H's thanks, I now understand the events and also how people are taking different views.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:58 am 

AllyGB wrote:

What hasn’t been picked up was that when the ‘private company’ took over the first team they actually changed the club’s name to ‘Blyth Town First Team FC’ to distinguish itself from the existing community club.
Weather this was done properly through the FA or not unsure but they rebranded themselves as Blyth Town First Team FC and it appeared on all their social media output match programmes etc etc.
It was they who then changed to Blyth AFC.

They weren’t able to use Blyth FC because there already is a club called that who play in the Northern Alliance.

What spirit is man can be.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:58 am 
Site Admin

I knew that the private company was originally called Blyth Town First Team Ltd, but wasn’t aware that the team had changed names ( however officially or not )

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:03 am 

Former Blyth AFC captain David Robinson has joined Newcastle Benfield & made his debut last night.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:17 pm 

RyanS732 wrote:
Former Blyth AFC captain David Robinson has joined Newcastle Benfield & made his debut last night.

Good start as well, getting tanked 6-1.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:23 pm 

I enjoyed it :lol:

Curtis Coppen & Robert Taylor to North Shields. That makes 4 & counting...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next