It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Cup finals on plastic!
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:04 pm 

For the life of me I can't understand playing the finals at Consett.
I'm not a lover of plastic pitches and 95% of the league games are on grass.
Then there is evidence coming out that they could even be carcenagenic in the rubber filling made from used tyres!!

The netting behind both ends is quite ludicrous restricting views
And then there is the lack of toilet facilities two urinals for 4 or 5 hundred people.
Who ever came up with this venue wants shooting and whoever designed the place made a right pigs ear of it.

I will say though could not fault the staff they were spot on.

Post subject: Re: Cup finals on plastic!
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:38 pm 

Have to agree, the game is not the same played on a 3g. Played on it and reffed on it and its just not the same. Great to train on to save wear and tear on grass pitches but would not like to see an increasing number of NL games played on 3g. Team Northumbria will be 3g next season unfortunately. Travesty to rip up such a good grass pitch.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:53 pm 

I have to agree, I don’t like the plastic pitch and in my opinion the surface doesn’t play anywhere near the way grass does.
So far as yesterday goes I was very disappointed with the toilet facilities and given that there was several hundred people in attendance 2 urinals and a netty just wasn’t enough. I felt sorry for the girl serving on the bait cabin. Working alone, of course there was a queue and she was doing her best but it wasn’t good enough. Now I would like to mention the half time hospitality. What a shambles that was . A cup of tea or coffee and a biscuit, or whatever, for visiting club officials and a bit of chatter isn’t too much to ask for but, unfortunately, the queue for this was just too long and slow. The people in front of me looked anything but like club officials and I will apologise in advance but if any of our committee turned up in denim jerkins and baseball caps I would be very disappointed. Whatever might have been on offer I wouldn’t know because I gave up waiting so I could watch the second half, that’s how slow the queue was going down,
All in all in my opinion is that the venue wasn’t geared up to cope with the crowds who watched the games and I hope that a lesson may have been learnt. What may appear to be a good idea and a good venue may not necessarily be the case.
I mus stress that these are my opinions and not necessarily those of the club I am attached to.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:15 pm 

With all the postponements I can understand why the LMC opted for a plastic pitch for both finals . I’m surprised Consett didn’t seem geared up for the attendance as they average over 400 for every game , so this should have been a doddle

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:19 pm 

No thank you

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:32 pm 

Two Bluey wrote:
For the life of me I can't understand playing the finals at Consett.
I'm not a lover of plastic pitches and 95% of the league games are on grass.
Then there is evidence coming out that they could even be carcenagenic in the rubber filling made from used tyres!!

The netting behind both ends is quite ludicrous restricting views
And then there is the lack of toilet facilities two urinals for 4 or 5 hundred people.
Who ever came up with this venue wants shooting and whoever designed the place made a right pigs ear of it.

I will say though could not fault the staff they were spot on.

Agreed; crackers playing on a plastic pitch

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:25 am 

If the league chose to play the finals there, then the league should have arranged portaloos

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:52 am 

"Like playing football on a trampoline".

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:22 am 

Anyone know the attendance ?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:47 am 

Someone said 799 over the two games
I understand Consett chairman is on the northern league board total shambles!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:34 am 

League had no option this time. I totally agree about plastic pitches but Consett or Stockton had to be chosen incase there was another deluge. The games really had to be played on Saturday as the league ran out of time due to the weather and the FA re-structuring which moves on. Cannot comment on the logistical problems as I was not there. Anyway brilliantly well done to my team Chester-Le-Street Town on winning the EA cup, trust me as club sec to be away when we finally win a trophy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:12 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
League had no option this time. I totally agree about plastic pitches but Consett or Stockton had to be chosen incase there was another deluge. The games really had to be played on Saturday as the league ran out of time due to the weather and the FA re-structuring which moves on. Cannot comment on the logistical problems as I was not there. Anyway brilliantly well done to my team Chester-Le-Street Town on winning the EA cup, trust me as club sec to be away when we finally win a trophy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not committed enough Lenny lol :D

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Cestrian wrote:

That's why they won, Lenny! ;-)

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:58 am 

Your both right gents but I did have a good excuse as my middle daughter was getting her blue beret from the royal electrical and mechanical engineers and moving onto the next step in her army career so it wasn't just a beano!!!!!!. Couldn't even get back in time to go to the clubhouse for a lemonade or two