It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 12:48 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jarrow Roofing fold
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:03 pm 

Ritchie & Roofing brought players in to league I might otherwise not have seen. My favourite Roofing moment was when Craig Russell £1 million pound transfer back n the day curled in a magnificent free kick against us

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:26 am 

Oink oink this is directed straight at your idiotic comment about mercenaries. It’s actially incredibly insulting to players trying to make a living and a few extra quod in this world.

If Richie was willing to pay the wages and make the offers of very good money then whose fault is that but the fact of the matter is that he might have been the tea maker, grounds man , owner........... but that does not make him a good manager/coach of players and I’ve never heard anybody say that he was . Buying a team doesn’t guarantee success but if he had of had less of an ego and actually let somebody else run the football side of his club then he would have been more successful with the players he had and money he spent. Why did Benno leave with what was actually a very good team??

Yes what he achieved was great for him and he must of loved it to do it and throw all that money of it but that club was all about him and nothing else , that’s why he did it in my opinion and he was ruthless with players.

If not for money why else would anybody play for a club called Jarrow Roofing.

Mr Benton of YORKSHIRE!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:49 am 

I've never met Richie but have heard a lot about him, some good some bad, what my thoughts on this are ,Firstly why fold the club ? could he not have put it into some ones hands so the club could continue. Maybe he tried and no one wanted to take it on. Only Richie will know the answers but i am sure he has his reasons.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:34 am 

bigcbeat wrote:
I've never met Richie but have heard a lot about him, some good some bad, what my thoughts on this are ,Firstly why fold the club ? could he not have put it into some ones hands so the club could continue. Maybe he tried and no one wanted to take it on. Only Richie will know the answers but i am sure he has his reasons.

Maybe he owns the land and wants to sell for housing or whatever

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:49 am 

trevor56 wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:

The land belongs to Boldon CA trev.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:45 am 

Always an anomaly as a Club, but fair play to the bloke, he clearly put a lot of his own money in over the years. He does leave a Northern League "ready" ground in that area...Newcastle University anyone ? :D

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:16 am 

Wack wrote:
Always an anomaly as a Club, but fair play to the bloke, he clearly put a lot of his own money in over the years. He does leave a Northern League "ready" ground in that area...Newcastle University anyone ? :D

It certainly wouldn't surprise me that . 3 choices at the min so why not a fourth :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:43 am 

Been a South Tyneside lad, it was pretty obvious 25+ years ago that this day would eventually happen, Love him or Hate Ritchie you have to admire his great work in the non league scene, And yes he will be a big miss, With relegation was probably one challenge to many, Also certainly not saying this was a reason for folding but could of contributed a tad, Roofing have probably been South Tyneside top dogs over the past 20 years with the Rise and Rise of South Shields They now find themselves three divisions apart this would definitely be a bitter pill to swallow for Ritchie.
But anyway all the best to Ritchie in your Retirement.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:48 am 

trevor56 wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:

Some classic NLZ speculation going on here, Trevor ;) The CA gave Richie a bit of wasteground to turn into a stadium on the condition the costs were borne by him. The land has always belonged to the CA; Richie turned nothing into, as one poster says, a Northern League standard ground. I appreciate many of the people asking about folding the club are involved with clubs themselves, but I'd like to see the person capable of putting in the time and money that Richie has over the years. Is there a queue of people looking to run NL sides? If so, there are lots of other clubs who could use the help. I'd much rather commend Richie on making a club from scratch and taking it to the Northern League and within a game of an FA Vase Final. Whatever way you look at it, that's an astonishing achievement.

As for players, I don't think Richie would claim to be the greatest manager. What he has in spades is passion and commitment. That's the least he could expect in return. Did he always get it? Only the people involved know.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:41 pm 

personally i think the lad deserves more credit than he is given...as the previous poster said he turned scrubland into a northern league ground on his own bat..must of spent a few grand doing so...they have had some cracking sides in their short career...you always knew you had been in a game.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:52 pm 

A bloke (whether you like him as a person or not) has built a club up from literally nothing, guided them up leagues and financed it all himself. Yet he still receives negativity from people who are armchair critics offering empty advice, critique and conjecture. Easy to say these things sat in the comfort of your own living room having not had to chuck thousands of pounds, but more importantly, countless hours in making a club tick which you'll never get back. Hats off to him, I could never manage this feat. Ill wait with baited breath whilst all the naysayers build their clubs up from scratch and get them to compete competitively in the northern league.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:03 pm 

having been an jarrow born lad the same era as Ritchie and played against his team Jarrow roofing as manager at Norton and Thornaby I can only applaud his support of Northern league football in the South tyneside area , it must have cost him personally an fortune , let alone the time and effort of him and his wife , the area where the ground was built was a training area for Boldon CW who I also played briefly , so 35 years on happy retirement and good memories of Jarrow Roofing Boldon CA FC

ray :D

Theres definitely only on Northern league team in Jarrow ! 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:16 am 

Probably only northern league ground to feature a streaker. (fa vase semi final)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:24 am 

wonder if richie would think about doing the same at durham...how does durham roofing sound....

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:18 am 

trevor56 wrote:
Probably only northern league ground to feature a streaker. (fa vase semi final)

Nah, my mate billy Taylor at the fed a few year back in the F.A. Vase semi :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next