It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:26 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Durham to have big say....
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:12 am 

...who gets promoted..4 have a chance..city have to play allerton,hebburn,blyth..allerton and hebburn this week.

Post subject: Re: Durham to have big say....
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:00 am 

played well against Thornaby yesterday

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:11 pm 

You never know what you are going to get against Durham in terms of consistency, but considering their lack of resources, they overachieve under Hotchkiss.

Next Album. Haley Bonar...... Last War

October. Zola Jesus.....Taiga.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:39 pm 

Such a shame whats happening at Durham. They lay 8th in the table with a group
of hard working talented young players. but the problems seems to be off the pitch.
No ground, no money, a chairman who may be doing what he can but can't even
come to support the lads.
Nobody seems to know whats going on everything seems to be hush hush or later
leaked through social media.
They face the prospect of losing a clutch of up and coming quality young players
and more importantly a good young manager who all the lads respect highly.
Lets hope Mr.Bernard can sort things out or somebody else to come in and help back
the club in going forward, if not i fear for the future of Durham City .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:46 pm 

they are a bit jekyl and hyde @times..but they will bust a gut for olly..thats the gaffer..not the owner..fitness levels are unbelievable jeff....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:52 pm 

Nextgoalwins73 wrote:
Such a shame whats happening at Durham. They lay 8th in the table with a group
of hard working talented young players. but the problems seems to be off the pitch.
No ground, no money, a chairman who may be doing what he can but can't even
come to support the lads.
Nobody seems to know whats going on everything seems to be hush hush or later
leaked through social media.
They face the prospect of losing a clutch of up and coming quality young players
and more importantly a good young manager who all the lads respect highly.
Lets hope Mr.Bernard can sort things out or somebody else to come in and help back
the club in going forward, if not i fear for the future of Durham City .
DITTO.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:11 pm 

Hebburn have durham to play only once in the league, this saturday

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:31 am 

there was a bit on the durham twitter saying it was hard going...but it will be harder next season..you have to work that one out for yourself...all i know is the lads that are involved are doing a grand job keeping the club alive especially Gazz Hutch.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:00 pm 

Interpol wrote:
You never know what you are going to get against Durham in terms of consistency, but considering their lack of resources, they overachieve under Hotchkiss.
aye inter ive seen most citys games this season and some times they lack a bit know how and at times get outmuscled...but they make up for it with a hell of a work rate...a keeper like Budgie and centre back like the lad who played for dunston and morpeth well into his forties wouldnt come amiss....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:42 pm 

A few honest points from my own perspective

1-My understanding is that Mr.Bernard's priority is developing a community based football club and a new ground in Durham as soon as is practically possible - That augurs well for the future if funds are available for a new ground.

2-I understand that plans and a pre-application for planning has been submitted for a new ground and this is all currently being reviewed by appropriate authorities (this may or may not be successful - let's wait and see)

3-Many teams in the past have made false promises and although it would be good for all supporters to know what is going on, I do think the cautious and quiet approach is right at this point to avoid any false expectations.

4-I understand that the reality is that first team funds and expenses are not available due to the priority to develop a new ground (playing budget is zero) but as suggested the current team are playing for Durham because they are friends, they are Durham boys and have developed together at the club via U23s and Reserves, but most importantly they are all committed to support and be developed by the Manager Oliver Hotchkiss who is a young Manager but has well proven his capability in the Northern League.

Looking forward - If Durham can develop their new ground in the near future , If Durham can secure Oliver Hotchkiss as a Manager in the long term, If Oliver Hotchkiss can then keep his young team together (vultures continue to circle)- then the future for Durham is bright.

Today, I post all of this purely as a Durham supporter - it's my club.

In the near future I am sure that the reality of the future of Durham City will be very clear and positive - I am optimistic #DurhamFamily

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:10 am 

we all know city are having a struggle to keep afloat...one thing certain they wont get any help from the council...they would rather have horses grazing on land than offering it to a football club...see how the council stepped in when the ice rink went..theres an ideal ground at sherburn village welfare...it wouldnt take much to bring it up to NL standard.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:21 am 

local lad wrote:
we all know city are having a struggle to keep afloat...one thing certain they wont get any help from the council...they would rather have horses grazing on land than offering it to a football club...see how the council stepped in when the ice rink went..theres an ideal ground at sherburn village welfare...it wouldnt take much to bring it up to NL standard.
THERES NO PLANNING BEEN SUBMITTED AS OF YET.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:44 am 

local lad wrote:
local lad wrote:
THERES NO PLANNING BEEN SUBMITTED AS OF YET.

They groundshating elsewhere next season,closer to the city centre.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:51 am 

local lad wrote:

The council wouldn't step in when the ice rink went as the Smith's had a reputation and the council wanted to distance themselves....perhaps the council also think the same of Mr Bernard........just a thought.

Incidentally, Sherburn would take a lot of money to get to NL standard...money Bernard doesn't have...this is his club so why should others bail him out ?

Up to now they have groundshared at Consett and Willington.....why do they constantly move around, why not look for somewhere longer term until they are hopefully sorted.....where next season I wonder.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:16 am 

Coxhoe's ground. In reality however the league should step in. Durham's nomadic existence is not really fair on other up and coming clubs. It is against the rules to get a promotion by putting a ground share in place but it is OK to guarantee your place in the league by groundsharing. I understand circumstances were against Durham City but really next season will be their third or fourth season without a ground and without any sort of plan to build or re-furbish a ground it really cannot be allowed to continue. I would suggest that two seasons should be the maximum for a ground share then a club must have firm plans in place, planning permissions to build or re-furbish and concrete plans for funding etc in place to move on. Harsh yes but fair to others wanting to progress as well

Last edited by Cestrian on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.