It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:09 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:15 am 

Sea View wrote:
Surely the best example is Stockton Town

100% S.V. perfect example of what can be achieved if patience is shown. So many clubs just throw money into a budget at the start of the season hoping for success, then when it doesn't come off and budgets are reduced mid/end season the high wage earners are moved on.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:42 pm 

Gijane wrote:
Sea View wrote:

Out of curiosity, how does Stockton Town youth set up compare to Spennymoor Town FC
https://youth.spennymoortownfc.co.uk/about-us/

Stockton have been churning out very good teams and players for a long time at all age groups. They have close links with Boro academy to the extent at some age groups they attract the best players who want exposure to the Boro academy and take the players who don't quite work out at Boro academy but who they want to keep a close eye on. I think a few of their coaches also work at Boro academy. In my son's age group they were like a magnet for all the best teesside TJFA players with pre-season training often up to 30 players effectively on trial, most from their rivals in the tjfa. It was a difficult team to get into and professionally run.

Spenny have some way to go but I believe they will get there. Close links with the pro academies is essential for any boys club hoping to bring players through to the first team or to produce very good 18yr olds capable of playing semi pro step 5-2 standard.

South Shields have a very good youth set up too. Their first team managers also manage the U18's which is a fantastic idea as it will give the young lads great exposure.
Spenny U18's beat South Shields U18's in the fa youth cup this season. Cracking game of football, Shields playing great football but lacking a cutting edge up front. The difference between two very good teams was the spenny striker who bagged a brace that day, big strong lad loads of pace and finished from anywhere. Signed for Burnley a couple of months later.

There's talent out there but they need to play high level football at their own age group to develop through to 19-20 when most will be physically strong enough for the adult game. Most boys clubs finish at u16. I think there are 7 teams in the DFA U18 league this season and I'm not quite sure what there is for any of the lads next season other than sink or swim in adult football.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:14 pm 

handifan2 wrote:
Gijane wrote:
Sea View wrote:

Out of curiosity, how does Stockton Town youth set up compare to Spennymoor Town FC
https://youth.spennymoortownfc.co.uk/about-us/

Stockton have been churning out very good teams and players for a long time at all age groups. They have close links with Boro academy to the extent at some age groups they attract the best players who want exposure to the Boro academy and take the players who don't quite work out at Boro academy but who they want to keep a close eye on. I think a few of their coaches also work at Boro academy. In my son's age group they were like a magnet for all the best teesside TJFA players with pre-season training often up to 30 players effectively on trial, most from their rivals in the tjfa. It was a difficult team to get into and professionally run.

Spenny have some way to go but I believe they will get there. Close links with the pro academies is essential for any boys club hoping to bring players through to the first team or to produce very good 18yr olds capable of playing semi pro step 5-2 standard.

South Shields have a very good youth set up too. Their first team managers also manage the U18's which is a fantastic idea as it will give the young lads great exposure.

There's talent out there but they need to play high level football at their own age group to develop through to 19-20 when most will be physically strong enough for the adult game. Most boys clubs finish at u16. I think there are 7 teams in the DFA U18 league this season and I'm not quite sure what there is for any of the lads next season other than sink or swim in adult football Spenny U18's beat South Shields U18's in the fa youth cup this season. Cracking game of football, Shields playing great football but lacking a cutting edge up front. The difference between two very good teams was the spenny striker who bagged a brace that day, big strong lad loads of pace and finished from anywhere. Signed for Burnley a couple of months later..

Some great points in there, personally I could never understand why Midgley wasn't snapped up to work in Boros academy, he new all the kids in the area and from what I can gather doing a good job at Sunderland.

Interesting what you are saying about the gap between 16s to NL, I wonder if that's a gap the NL could fill, with an u19s league?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:41 am 

By what I hear both very very well set up.unfortunate we lose a lot to spennymoor,still,their gain is our loss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:51 pm 

The real question is: Who is going to put things right at Bishops?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:19 pm 

Bishops look doomed. Will the board make changes?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:01 am 

Big game at Bishops tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing this one. Actually with the atrocious weather we've had recently I'm just looking forward to seeing some football.

Bishop's have rolled the dice with the managerial choice and it simply hasn't worked. I'm sure that over the summer a massive rethink will be on the cards. But like the one of the last posts said, who can put it right?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:27 am 

Simba wrote:
Big game at Bishops tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing this one. Actually with the atrocious weather we've had recently I'm just looking forward to seeing some football.

Bishop's have rolled the dice with the managerial choice and it simply hasn't worked. I'm sure that over the summer a massive rethink will be on the cards. But like the one of the last posts said, who can put it right?

The most important game at HP since we moved in.
Hope we can produce a performance from somewhere.

Come say Hi tomorrow Simba....I will be the one wearing the red hankerchief & daffodil in my hair :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:01 am 

Mike M wrote:
Simba wrote:

Come say Hi tomorrow Simba....I will be the one wearing the red hankerchief & daffodil in my hair :wink:

Hopefully the Bishops supporters are Not Waving white hankerchief's come 5.00pm tomorrow evening :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:51 am 

Mike M wrote:
Simba wrote:

At Bishop matches that doesn't narrow it down a lot mate :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:14 am 

Simba wrote:
Mike M wrote:
Simba wrote:

At Bishop matches that doesn't narrow it down a lot mate :P

Just look out for the beige mincer !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:02 pm 

Huge win today.it can’t be underestimated.most follow it up by beating synners at least.mind it has to be said once again,we should not be even in this position and 3 points really only papers over the cracks.still,for today only well done lads