It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:40 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:54 pm 

Spenny U18's are full of ex St Mary's lads this year. Most are from the team which won the u16 TJFA division 1 a couple of years ago so best team in the area at that age group and full of promising young lads. I think one of them signed for Burnley earlier this season.
I don't know if it's politics or just the kids aiming higher than Bishops can offer but St Mary's has always produced very good kids teams but somehow there is no real link or path through to bishops first team.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:23 pm 

Total agree Bishop should have first call on any player due to the link but think bigger why only work with one junior club it should be best juniors in the area no matter what club

If we don’t get first chance we might as well scrap the link now

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:31 pm 

Only works if you have a manager that can nurture the young players to make what is quite a step up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:05 pm 

nemesis wrote:
Total agree Bishop should have first call on any player due to the link but think bigger why only work with one junior club it should be best juniors in the area no matter what club

If we don’t get first chance we might as well scrap the link now

Exact mate.however I don’t want u23s making a bench up.if playing age group football at 22 they not good enough.i want the prudhoe,curles and Jackson’s of this world starting their careers at bishop if not at pro clubs.........so who has ballsed this up?has to be management,board or st marys.someone is at fault

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:06 pm 

And you’d have lads keen to progress on £50 a week rather than no ones on £120

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:22 pm 

But this isn’t the whole problem nets not forget that.this is just a very very small part of the problem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:26 pm 

President_Obama wrote:
Whoever appointed Colin Myers.

And Colin Myers.

Not really sure what sort of squad bishops have but I know there are quite a few decent players in there but must be said that at When myers was at Consett they had dropped into the bottom half of the table.

Then Consett got rid of him and current manager Eccles with pretty much the same squad got them onto a decent winning run and upto I think about 3rd or 4th place before finishing about 6th. If myers had stayed think would of been fighting off relegation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:38 pm 

COMIC12 wrote:
President_Obama wrote:
Whoever appointed Colin Myers.

And Colin Myers.

Not really sure what sort of squad bishops have but I know there are quite a few decent players in there but must be said that at When myers was at Consett they had dropped into the bottom half of the table.

Then Consett got rid of him and current manager Eccles with pretty much the same squad got them onto a decent winning run and upto I think about 3rd or 4th place before finishing about 6th. If myers had stayed think would of been fighting off relegation.

And he also went to crook,conceded(I think it was 11)with less than a starting 11.......that to me says it’s not a bishop auckland in itself problem.so whose fault is that and who appointed him.when this is a recurring problem it’s down to one man,but 6 appointed him

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:43 pm 

Irrespective of league position come the end of the season, it’s got to be a time of reflection from the boards perspective. Not for the purposes of anybody stepping down, more of where things have gone drastically wrong, and action a meaningful action plan with the sole objective of improvement in all areas.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:34 am 

Strange thing football If you were doing a crap job in your work place you would get the sack.
But for some reason in football you do get sacked but then get another job heaping the misery on another club.
Take a bow Alan Pardew and co.

Would not surprise me if St Mary's hooked up with 1883 now they are starting an academy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:09 pm 

On the subject of getting the young players from Bishop involved..

Fact.. Very few managers, anywhere at NL level have the balls, or are given the time, whichever it is, to blood young players, to let them integrate and bond into what is a pretty tough unprecedented league in comparison to what they are used to, weather they've been at pro or junior clubs...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:35 pm 

A good example of a NL team using young lads from u18 s with the rest of squad very young ,is Olly Hotchkiss at Durham,ex bishop player ,working miracles with young squad last two seasons , a very good coach and man manager ,I think a few clubs will be considering him as an option next season ,works magic without a budget as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:44 pm 

TUDGUY wrote:
A good example of a NL team using young lads from u18 s with the rest of squad very young ,is Olly Hotchkiss at Durham,ex bishop player ,working miracles with young squad last two seasons , a very good coach and man manager ,I think a few clubs will be considering him as an option next season ,works magic without a budget as well.

Add the lad at Chester le st to that, working with one of the local accademy teams, and got some very good young players coming through who are trusted and given a chance.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:16 am 

Surely the best example is Stockton Town

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:34 am 

Sea View wrote:
Surely the best example is Stockton Town

Out of curiosity, how does Stockton Town youth set up compare to Spennymoor Town FC
https://youth.spennymoortownfc.co.uk/about-us/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next