It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:11 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 376
nightflight wrote:
thought Bishops had a strong connection with St Marys youth set up? -surely a situation where only 2 subs available would have been a good way to put some of the U18s on the bench and give them a taste of what being in the squads like?


It's happened previously, not sure whether in this case it was too late notice to get them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1239
nemesis wrote:
The blame game I have read loads of people blaming the board, loads blaming the manager but I have yet to hear anyone blame the players,

Yes the board and manager will take responsibility but the players have to take a massive amount of blame as over the season they have not been good enough or if they are they are clearly not showing it.


Have to say mate,the board appoint the manager who in turn picks the tactics and signs the said players.......as for the st marys connection,well I’ve been dubious about that for years too.lad who I play cricket with called cieran jackson(st Helens lad)was playing up front for England under 18s last week despite coming through st marys set up.never got near bishop team yet was on the bench for shildon as a sub keeper!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1239
Mike M wrote:
COMIC12 wrote:
Was at the Consett game on Saturday and couldn't quite believe that bishops only had two subs and one of those was a keeper don't know if it is down to injuries or players not wanting to turn out to lose every game. how many subs did they have tonight?

Suppose most clubs can have this problem at some point in the season as consett have struggled at times if all injuries come at once not a lot you can do about it.


5 subs last night.


Seriously,is this your contribution mate.you actually take that as a positive?jesus wept.were about f****d but it’s great we have more players that shouldn’t be anywhere near bafc.i despair I really do.if we do happen to go down do people realise the impact it will have?we would lose any little interest that people still have.how many do yous reckon would turn up against Alnwick ryton Darlington ra or Brandon?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:42 pm
Posts: 92
mut2011 wrote:
nemesis wrote:
The blame game I have read loads of people blaming the board, loads blaming the manager but I have yet to hear anyone blame the players,

Yes the board and manager will take responsibility but the players have to take a massive amount of blame as over the season they have not been good enough or if they are they are clearly not showing it.


Have to say mate,the board appoint the manager who in turn picks the tactics and signs the said players.......as for the st marys connection,well I’ve been dubious about that for years too.lad who I play cricket with called cieran jackson(st Helens lad)was playing up front for England under 18s last week despite coming through st marys set up.never got near bishop team yet was on the bench for shildon as a sub keeper!


Have to agree mate Dom Curl one of the best centre halfs in the league now playing for Shildon came through St Mary's a Bishop lad.
Love to know who cocked that one up !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1239
So the connection is?split the Xmas raffle money,give you a place on the board and you send best players to shildon while we have a couple not so good to fillbench up????might be wrong here but that’s how it looks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1239
So is steve coulthard really a worthwhile member of the board or just serving own interest?(same as rob Bowron was)has to be asked,that’s what original post is about


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:49 am
Posts: 442
I have read a lot of the criticism on here and to be fair I can see certain points but the point remains that the BAFC board are all volunteers who are doing a hell a lot of work for the club.

All the work that goes in to the Boro partnership just doesn’t magically happen Terry Jackson works many of hours a week to make their use of HP seem less which in turn generates money to supplement part of the playing budget.

Nick Postma works hard on managing the functions at HP which encompasses production of food, managing venue etc which again takes many hours per week and again in turn supplements the playing budget.

Richard who sponsors the club along with supplying a lot of services to the club FOC which the club would normally have to pay for along with numerous hours put in to the club weekly.

Tony carry’s our the secretary duties which involves a lot of running about during the week and on a match day a load of paper work which means you can’t just watch and enjoy the game, believe me I have stepped in for him.

I have asked people and seen people’s reaction to when they are asked to do something they go grey so let’s give these guys some respect for actually stepping up when others won’t , they may well get some decisions wrong what’s the expectation if they do ?

Other clubs officials get things wrong are they subject to what is being levelled at our board


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:13 pm
Posts: 936
Bishop stmarys have a decent under 21 side surly a few of them could step in if needed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:47 pm
Posts: 531
Location: NLZ
kenny wrote:
Bishop stmarys have a decent under 21 side surly a few of them could step in if needed


They play in a Sunday under 23 league but I believe a few of them are signed for other Northern League teams

_________________
Footie fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:47 pm
Posts: 531
Location: NLZ
mut2011 wrote:
So is steve coulthard really a worthwhile member of the board or just serving own interest?(same as rob Bowron was)has to be asked,that’s what original post is about


In one word yes,Steve is a great bloke, great fundraiser and Bishop through and through

_________________
Footie fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:42 pm
Posts: 92
nemesis wrote:
I have read a lot of the criticism on here and to be fair I can see certain points but the point remains that the BAFC board are all volunteers who are doing a hell a lot of work for the club.

All the work that goes in to the Boro partnership just doesn’t magically happen Terry Jackson works many of hours a week to make their use of HP seem less which in turn generates money to supplement part of the playing budget.

Nick Postma works hard on managing the functions at HP which encompasses production of food, managing venue etc which again takes many hours per week and again in turn supplements the playing budget.

Richard who sponsors the club along with supplying a lot of services to the club FOC which the club would normally have to pay for along with numerous hours put in to the club weekly.

Tony carry’s our the secretary duties which involves a lot of running about during the week and on a match day a load of paper work which means you can’t just watch and enjoy the game, believe me I have stepped in for him.

I have asked people and seen people’s reaction to when they are asked to do something they go grey so let’s give these guys some respect for actually stepping up when others won’t , they may well get some decisions wrong what’s the expectation if they do ?

Other clubs officials get things wrong are they subject to what is being levelled at our board


It's all pointless and irrelevant if the end result is a micky poor team and the fans as they have stop coming.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1239
footie fan wrote:
mut2011 wrote:
So is steve coulthard really a worthwhile member of the board or just serving own interest?(same as rob Bowron was)has to be asked,that’s what original post is about


In one word yes,Steve is a great bloke, great fundraiser and Bishop through and through


Cheers mate.was a question not a criticism that I needed to ask because as we say,we seem to get nothing coming through the system


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:13 pm
Posts: 936
Any decent manager would pop down and take a look at St marys und 23s and und 18s can't tell me there's nobody there that can't make the step up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1239
kenny wrote:
Any decent manager would pop down and take a look at St marys und 23s and und 18s can't tell me there's nobody there that can't make the step up.


That’s the whole point mate.they are,just not at bishop.....we’re the club with the link,their chairman is on the board yet the end up at shildon.that just can’t be right in anybodies eyes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:13 pm
Posts: 936
Your right first stop should be bishopauckland. Don't know the politics but every one needs to get round the table and talk and work together. Bishop should be up there with the best.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group